The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Fair enough.

My opinion is that he hadn't shown enough to be starting games. Not by a long long shot.

And the fact that Sherwood wasn't starting him either until last week would suggest it wasn't just Paul Lambert who thought that.

Which is what I was disagreeing with in the OP.

Edited by Stevo985

OK. Well I think the OP is wrong. I think Grealish would have broken through under any manager eventually and soon. However, I also think it was a bold move of Sherwoods to show such faith in him as to start him against QPR. That took even myself by surprise. Could you see Lambert doing that? 

Not that it would have mattered much by that point as we would already have been relegated give or take. IMO of course. 

I could see Lambert doing that. Why not?

He clearly wanted to bring him through.

Like I said I think if Grealish had shown he was worthy of a start Lambert would have given it to him.

I don't see why people think he wouldn't have?

I dont think he did really want to bring him through. He always seemed angry and tense when media brought his name up

First I've heard of this, and I watch most pre/post match interviews and pressers.

Any examples?

Why wouldn't he want to bring him through?

If he didn't want to bring him through, then why was he bringing him through?

I think Lambert froze towards the end and wasn't much one for taking a risk. That became a problem in its own right and it might, if it had been allowed to continue, have delayed Grealish's proper introduction. I'd agree he didn't quite look the part during Lambert's last couple of months.

It's just conjecture though. Lambert didn't see us through to April and Grealish's moment for us to find out.

• Like 1

I dont think he did really want to bring him through. He always seemed angry and tense when media brought his name up

First I've heard of this, and I watch most pre/post match interviews and pressers.

Any examples?

Why wouldn't he want to bring him through?

If he didn't want to bring him through, then why was he bringing him through?

well was that time for no reason that he said Grealish has a lot to prove in a tone which didnt seem too flattering and he seemed get a bit irritated every time he was brought up (granted that could be just how he spoke), then Keane comments about his dad didnt help either which I thought was a joke at time myself

Im not saying he didnt want to bring him in but I feel he was sort of forced to play because a lot of clamouring from fans and the praise he got at Notts County

anyway he is in the past, Grealish getting a game now and he is getting better and thats all I care about at moment

Like I said I think if Grealish had shown he was worthy of a start Lambert would have given it to him.

Because I think as Chris has said Lambert froze. Regardless what we think of his overall tenure, by the end he was so deep in the mire and so incredibly risk averse that the idea of him starting a 19 year old in the number 10 position in a 6 pointer such as that beyond my comprehension. I also think it is fair to say that Gil would have continued playing in that position, perhaps a debate for another thread.

I think Grealish did show he was worthy of a start very early this season, then he signed his contract and Lambert didn't pick him anymore. What Sherwood's short tenure can show us so far is that taking the shackles off in the manner which Lambert did at the end of his first season with us and playing Grealish might have saved him a job and us our season. I agree with the idea that Lambert froze, he didn't want any more 8-0s, he was worried about that enough for it to permeate everything right down to the mood of the squad it seems.

Framed like that and I don't think Lambert would have started Grealish and even if he did he would never have done it behind a front two as Sherwood did against QPR. Which for me will be a position he can really do some damage in.

There's a photo of him in The Sun apparently inhaling nitrous oxide from a balloon. I don't know whether or not it has any lasting damage but it's still pretty silly to get caught doing it.

Edited by abdomlahor

Be nice if we still had that Crowley fella who Arsenal nabbed off us... dirty **** thieving words removed... but i guess this way Jack gets to enjoy the limelight all to himself while Crowley becomes yet another almost great player at the Arse.

Edited by MrSmirch

There's a photo of him in The Sun apparently inhaling nitrous oxide from a balloon. I don't know whether or not it has any lasting damage but it's still pretty silly to get caught doing it.

Seems a sort of rite of passage for any young kid nowadays, not my thing but there you go. I have had a pleasant half an hour inhaling a little bit of a Sisha pipe at a Festival though...

WTF is it with these kids inhaling nitrous oxide? Really dumb.

And, if you're going to do it, probably not wise to do it in public where someone can snap you on their smartphone & sell it to the Sun.

Grow a brain, boys.

Edited by briny_ear

What's wrong with it? I didn't think it was that serious of a drug/gas.

http://www.talktofrank.com/drug/nitrous-oxide

What are the risks of nitrous oxide?

Nitrous oxide can cause dizziness or affect your judgement, which might make you act carelessly or dangerously and put you at risk of hurting yourself, particularly in an unsafe environment.

Other risks include:

• Unconsciousness or death from lack of oxygen. This occurs when the available oxygen for breathing is effectively pushed out by the nitrous oxide. The risk is greater if the gas is consumed in an enclosed space or if a plastic bag is used that covers both nose and mouth.

• Heavy regular use of nitrous oxide can lead to deficiency of vitamin B12 and to a form of anaemia. The severe B12 deficiency can lead to serious nerve damage in some cases, which causes tingling and numbness n the fingers and toes and other extremities, and even difficulties with walking and pains in affected areas. Regular use may also depress formation of white blood cells.

• It can be hard to judge the amount to use safely. If you have too much you can end up fainting, having an accident or much worse.
  • Severe vitamin B deficiency can develop with heavy, regular use of nitrous oxide. This can cause serious nerve damage, which leads to tingling and numbness in the fingers, toes and other extremities, and even difficulties with walking and tpains in the affected areas.

Nitrous oxide and alcohol

Mixing nitrous oxide with alcohol is especially dangerous as it can increase the risks associated with both substances and can lead to an increased risk of accidents or death.

Because he never gave any youth player a league start during his entire tenure? Because Grealish couldn't even get more minutes when the team went 8/9 hours without scoring a goal? And had been on the verge of being shipped out to Forest on loan under his watch?

We'll never know for sure what Lambert would or would not have done had he continued in his job but it's quite self-evident why people would assume such I'd have thought.

Â