The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

It doesn't matter what percentage English or Irish he is, it matters what he feels.

He'd definitely feel either more English or more Irish and he should choose his country accordingly.

Or maybe he feels both? It is possible to identify with more than one!

It's amazing how people can debate this English/Irish issue so much, after the exact things have been said more than once in this thread already*.

*This has probably been said a few times as well...

Most excited I've ever been about one of our youngsters coming through.

If he can come into the team and do what he did to Liverpool at Wembley at the age of 19...the sky's the limit.

He's living out every Villa fan's dream. A legend in the making. 

• Like 1

If he can come into the team and do what he did to Liverpool at Wembley at the age of 19...the sky's the limit.

Indeed. Last one I was this impressed with was Lee Hendrie when he broke through. I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea on here but Hendrie was a very good player in spells for Villa  :)

• Like 1

Indeed. Last one I was this impressed with was Lee Hendrie when he broke through. I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea on here but Hendrie was a very good player in spells for Villa  :)

Yes he was on talksport talking about Grealish. Similar type players, lets hope Grealish lives up to his potential because Lee didn't. 

• Like 1

I was thinking about our most talented ever young players over the years.

Little, Cowans, Shaw, Walters, Daly and Hendrie

For me Walters was the best. At 15 he won the FA youth cup virtually on his own in 1980. 

dont care what country he plays for and he shouldnt be judged on that for me once he plays for the Villa. After his performance on sunday he is for me a definite starter from now on

but Hendrie was a very good player in spells for Villa  :)

That means he wasn't....consistency is what makes you good....like Gary Shaw, Sid Cowans, sorry.

but, Villa through and through so I don't want to be too critical, purely for sentimental reasons,

but hey.... sentiment probably lost Liverpool the semi-final.

The socks thing is cool, but thats all it is. Personally its not very sensible, when he gets older alot of opposition players won't respect him like they are now. I don't think he would be able to play that way in an international.

I worry that if he becomes top drawer, players will wanna stop him, an he will be kicked around like Hazard is now, though without high pads he it'll be hard avoid a long term injury.

The socks thing is cool, but thats all it is. Personally its not very sensible, when he gets older alot of opposition players won't respect him like they are now. I don't think he would be able to play that way in an international.

I worry that if he becomes top drawer, players will wanna stop him, an he will be kicked around like Hazard is now, though without high pads he it'll be hard avoid a long term injury.

Michel Platini did ok with a similar stance in an era when hatchet men were encouraged

Â