The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

They are legal (and again I stress that this doesn't necessarily include the stuff jack is supposedly been on), because the chemical compound hasn't been made illegal.

You'll see them advertised with 'not for human consumption' to cover the trader (a little).

M-kat used to be a legal high.

And yet alcohol and cigarettes are both perfectly legal - despite being far more dangerous and despite us knowing all the dangers surrounding them.

But Grealish wouldn't be chastised for having a pint, would he?

No I totally agree. Smoking I detest but I'd be a big hypocrite if I said similar regarding alcohol as I do like a jar or 15.

I think the difference between alcohol and cigarettes, is that we pretty much know you'd be safe drinking a pint or having one cigarette. Where other legal highs are concerned, just one batch can be fatal.

Anyway, we are going way off topic (despite it being a decent debate).

Fwiw, I have no doubt that what jack was inhaling (if indeed he was) was safe. However, my original point stands that the fact that a substance is legal, it doesn't make it ok, and I certainly wouldn't want footballers publicising certain substances because they are legal - not that anyone has suggested such.

Well I assume Sherwood will be asked about it this afternoon and I hope he tells them to grow up a bit rather than apologising for this nonsense. It's the gutter press that are the immoral swines in all of this, not Jack Grealish, nor Berahino, Wilshere, Sterling or anyone else.

• Like 1

They are legal (and again I stress that this doesn't necessarily include the stuff jack is supposedly been on), because the chemical compound hasn't been made illegal.

You'll see them advertised with 'not for human consumption' to cover the trader (a little).

And yet alcohol and cigarettes are both perfectly legal - despite being far more dangerous and despite us knowing all the dangers surrounding them.

No I totally agree. Smoking I detest but I'd be a big hypocrite if I said similar regarding alcohol as I do like a jar or 15.

I think the difference between alcohol and cigarettes, is that we pretty much know you'd be safe drinking a pint or having one cigarette. Where other legal highs are concerned, just one batch can be fatal.

Fwiw, I have no doubt that what jack was inhaling (if indeed he was) was safe. However, my original point stands that the fact that a substance is legal, it doesn't make it ok, and I certainly wouldn't want footballers publicising certain substances because they are legal - not that anyone has suggested such.

Isn't alcohol and, indeed, nicotine also just a "legal high"?  It's weird how society has ingrained a difference between them all in us.  If you were asked "Do you take recreational drugs?" and you 'only' drank - you'd probably reply "No". 

So strange!

Back on topic... keep doing it Jack.  If that is leading to performances like the semi-final one then I'm all for it :D

• Like 2

Well I assume Sherwood will be asked about it this afternoon and I hope he tells them to grow up a bit rather than apologising for this nonsense. It's the gutter press that are the immoral swines in all of this, not Jack Grealish, nor Berahino, Wilshere, Sterling or anyone else.

No matter what he says it will piss somebody off, so he's better off saying very little and dealing with it internally however he sees fit. Which will likely mean just a quiet word in his ear about clean living. 

Footballers shouldn't smoke. Footballers shouldn't drink to excess, as in more than a bottle of beer or two. Footballers shouldn't take drugs, legal or not. But he's a 19 year old kid still learning his way in the world, if that is his "rebellious phase" then great news!

We as fans should make light of it as that is what we do best. We support our own, no matter what. 

Not privy to the picture but if it's a balloon then it could be Helium - make his voice sound higher than it is! No harm - funny - but no harm as helium is an inert gas anyway.

Don't know the fuss as long as he performs the way he is who cares - the BRITISH media are just horrible in that they always want to build up then knock them down!.

I think he'll face some club reprimand, not because NO is especially dangerous and the club are worried about him doing it, but because he should have more sense letting someone in the room video him while he does it. He needs a better calibre of minders now. Club have to be seen to condemn the behaviour because he'll be considered a role model, but they'll be more concerned that he is associating himself with arseholes who will video him.

I just think it rediculous what the media write about. These are young men not saints. Do they expect footballers to be like Mother Theresa. 

The media will write about what you read about. If you read it, then it's not ridiculous at all. Ridiculous. With an I. And then another I. Later on. No E at all.

It's really laughable. He's been in the spotlight for less than a week and the tabloids can't wait to find something "scandalous"!

I think it's just harmless kids fooling around. Nothing to see.

• Like 1

From BBC WM's Twitter account:

@sportbbcwm: #avfc Tim Sherwood has spoken to Jack Grealish. It won't happen again. The pic is a year old. End of the matter. In squad for Sat at MCFC@

• Like 1

Since Monday I have seen mild comparrisons in this thread to Platini, Scholes, Gerard, Lamaprd, Hazard to name a few. I think the hype bus needs to slow down.

They're all wrong anyway.

Yup - not sure who I'd go for as a player he's looking to turn into. Quaresma maybe?

Â