The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I worry that when we play some scummy club in Serbia or Hull they're gonna come after Jack and break his legs. His socks thing invites trouble, TBH.

Hull tried that earlier this season.

Five yellow cards later ...

The socks thing is cool, but thats all it is. Personally its not very sensible, when he gets older alot of opposition players won't respect him like they are now. I don't think he would be able to play that way in an international.

I worry that if he becomes top drawer, players will wanna stop him, an he will be kicked around like Hazard is now, though without high pads he it'll be hard avoid a long term injury.

It's not long term injuries that a lack of shin pads will cause.

A shin pad doesn't save you from a pulled muscle or a badly broken leg or a cruciate injury.

It'll more likely be little knocks and bruises that keep him out for a couple of weeks.

I don't think it's an issue though. Lots of footballers wear tiny shin pads. The only difference here is Jack has his socks down so people notice.

I agree with Steve (shock) a shin pad on provides low level protection from knocks.

I have seen several broken legs where the player's were wearing what looked like decent size pads that did nothing.

Grealish, is a young player who has that something extra that makes one think that he could be in the fullness of time a top,top player He has time,exceptionally quick feet, superb ball skills,can see a pass,an engine,unafraid,strong build and confidence. In fact he has it all and the huge plus factor for him is that now we have a Manager who knows how to nuture and develop young players. A blessing in disguise for the young players in our great club that Lambert was shown the door.

To be fair, Lambert was playing him. He wasn't starting but he got a fair bit of game time. He just wasn't showing very much when he got it.

It's only really been his last two appearances where he's looked like he belonged out there.

To be fair...

There is quite a big difference between

Having the confidence to start a young, talented kid in a relegation six pointer, away game against CL pushers and Semi and Wembley

AND

Giving him 10 mins here and there to try and turn a game around when we are playing pants.

In my view you never know until you give someone a run. I completely understand why Lambert didnt want to take that punt but Sherwood deserves the credit for it.

• Like 3

Sherwood undoubtedly deserves credit.

My point was it sounded like the OP was suggesting Jack would never have broken through under Lambert.

I don't think that's the case. Lambert was giving him game time (it was more than 10 minutes here and there. It was half an hour cameos and starting cup games) but he never looked much good when he came on.

Sherwood deserves credit for getting the team playing in a way that suits Jack and also for raising the performance of the individual players, Jack included. But I don't think it's a case of Sherwood playing this kid who would never have gotten a chance under the previous manager.

• Like 1

My point was it sounded like the OP was suggesting Jack would never have broken through under Lambert.

I don't think that's the case. Lambert was giving him game time (it was more than 10 minutes here and there. It was half an hour cameos and starting cup games) but he never looked much good when he came on.

Sherwood deserves credit for getting the team playing in a way that suits Jack and also for raising the performance of the individual players, Jack included. But I don't think it's a case of Sherwood playing this kid who would never have gotten a chance under the previous manager.

Not being flippant but I'm not sure under Lambert he would have been starting games until we were in the Championship. 

Not being flippant but I'm not sure under Lambert he would have been starting games until we were in the Championship. 

He was starting games under Lambert, albeit in the cup (I think). He never showed much.

Now that could well be Lambert's fault, as the whole team looked shite under him, so it's no surprise that Jack didn't look much good.

I just think it's wrong to say Jack would never have been picked under Lambert. He would have. Maybe not as quickly, but that's down to Jack's performance levels imo (which, before anyone mentions it, Sherwood deserves credit for too)

Sherwood has played Grealish in the hole/ number 10/ free role.

Lambert had him playing as an inside forward (?), same as gabby. Both are completely different players now.

Lambert bottled it, or just didn't have a clue what to do without any assistants.

The greedy, stubborn bastard should have walked, but nah, would have preferred to relegate us and walk away with some cash.

Thank god we had Tom Fox on board to eventually pull the trigger...would Faulkner have done the same? Could be Randy's best (and last) major move as owner.

English And Irish Media Beginning To Ruin The Fun Of Football For Jack Grealish

THE increase in speculation regarding the international footballing future of Jack Grealish has resulted in all the fun being sucked out of the game for the 19-year-old, WWN can reveal.

Grealish produced a fine performance against Liverpool in the FA cup semi-final which took place at the world famous Wembley football stadium.

In front of 85,416 cheering fans Grealish played with all the enthusiasm of a child fulfilling a boyhood dream of becoming a professional footballer and playing on the biggest stage. However, by doing so he has invited the shortsighted obsession of and unwanted attention from the English and Irish sport media.

It is believed several arrests were made outside Wembley after the game as rival journalists from England and Ireland fought over the right to own the teenager.

The joy of returning to training with Aston Villa on Monday was lessened for the 19-year-old due to the intense speculation about his international future, which saw a player who had next to no media spotlight on him now constantly followed around by journalists seeking to lionise and vilify him in equal measure.

Headlines such as ‘Are you a drunken idiot Paddy or an English Lion?’ and ‘Irish till he dies or we kill him’ were seen on the back pages on the tabloid media in England and Ireland as Grealish practiced free kicks and complex tricks with less and less enthusiasm.

Police in the Birmingham area have confirmed that they foiled a kidnap plot by the English FA which would have seen the association take Grealish in the middle of the night against his will to England’s St. George’s training facilities, forcing him into the indentured servitude of a single English cap before fading out of international favour.

The Irish FA and the Irish public have confirmed they will try their best not to pin their entire hopes on Grealish as they have done to 437 previous internationals.

Grealish ended this morning’s training session at Aston Villa’s training ground 30 minutes earlier than usual by exiting through the back door of the facilities to avoid the crowd of baying journalists.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/04/22/english-and-irish-media-beginning-to-ruin-the-fun-of-football-for-jack-grealish/

• Like 1

Lambert had him playing as an inside forward (?), same as gabby. Both are completely different players now.

Lambert bottled it, or just didn't have a clue what to do without any assistants.

The greedy, stubborn bastard should have walked, but nah, would have preferred to relegate us and walk away with some cash.

Thank god we had Tom Fox on board to eventually pull the trigger...would Faulkner have done the same? Could be Randy's best (and last) major move as owner.

Along with N'Zogbia... with Grealish on the left... sort of like an "inside forward".... y'know?

Along with N'Zogbia... with Grealish on the left... sort of like an "inside forward".... y'know?

Lost with all these positions nowadays, I meant the stupid role gabby had to play for the past 5 seasons...basically a left winger, but not quite.

Is he next seasons number 10 then ? - or does he go back out wide ?  - hope he flourishes in the no 10 role myself - thats would make best use of his passing skills IMO...

He has to stay in that role as No10 for me, to float. When played earlier in season he was stuck out wide and it was pretty regimented, fair play to Sherwood to allowing him float behind so he's not against a full back. Still a long way to go but his confidence is growing.

Â