The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 hours ago, Farlz said:

I realised tonight Grealish walks into that City side and plays most games for them. 

I was thinking the same watching that game. Grealish would've changed the game for City.

A question I've been pondering for the last few days.

If Grealish left Villa how big a blow would it be for our long term goals?

And how far would it put us back in 'the plan'?

Obviously losing him would be arguably the biggest loss in our clubs history; but for the money being suggested and the right investment in players could we at least compete at the same level we have this season or even a higher level?

As a disclaimer to that question, I think Jack will still be with us next season and we will kick on to another level with our transfer business.

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Obviously losing him would be arguably the biggest loss in our clubs history; but for the money being suggested and the right investment in players could we at least compete at the same level we have this season or even a higher level?

As a disclaimer to that question, I think Jack will still be with us next season and we will kick on to another level with our transfer business.

Yeah, I've been thinking that. 

Thing is we've had a TERRIBLE track record of selling big money players and reinvesting wisely.  Probably have to go back to Platt really which actually wouldn't be a dissimilar situation.  We used that money to get in Saunders, Staunton and Houghton and it really pushed us along. 

We're different gravy now though so hopefully we can reinvest much better now if it does come to that, but hopefully we won't have to find out! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

It’s not going to happen but it would set us back massively, he’s worth much more than 100m to us, even 200m and I’m not sure we could adequately replace him and the impact he has on us… he has been a massive part of our progress and growth…

That may sound crazy but it’s so difficult to assemble a strong team and attract high quality players as it is, then you have to work on team spirit and cohesion… it would be like tearing up the plan and working from scratch again… we don’t have another player anywhere near his talent or status that could take up the mantle and the the question is, how could you attract a similar level of player(s) to the club once we lose our main attraction who we so heavily rely upon… Jack is a massive part of why top quality players would be interested in coming to Villa in the first place, he is the symbol of the club.

Maybe in the future, if we keep kicking on and really, considerably, strengthen the team, maybe we could afford to let him go and replace him and would have others to take over but we are nowhere near that…. we’re not a top 4 team that could maybe cope with that and have the kind of status whereby top players would still see the allure and be interested in joining…

Regardless, I believe he wants to realise his dreams here (because he would not get the same impact and feeling elsewhere, wouldn’t be as valued and given so much adulation and responsibility) so I don’t even think about him leaving.

If you want to  achieve wonders, you can’t lose your greatest assets…

If we sold Jack because he wanted to move on, I'd begrudgingly wish him well and thank him for the years he gave us.

If we sold him for the cash despite him being happy to stay, I think I'd just be done. 

• Like 1

Something I can never understand about this club is how whenever we have a good player, there's a select few fans that always have to talk about them leaving, instead of loving the fact they are here. 

It's like you want to be miserable. 

• Thanks 4

18 hours ago, jim said:

Just a hunch. He has out grown us IMO. He deserves to be playing on the biggest stage and let’s be honest that’s not happening with Villa. Yes, he loves the club but he’s given his all for us and he is probably thinking I’ve got the world at my feet and could play for anyone in the world. What the point in staying any longer.

Part of me thinks that too. He would be selling himself short if he doesn't participate in champions league football.  The euros are massively important for him. If he stays next season we need to deliver champions league football. 

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Something I can never understand about this club is how whenever we have a good player, there's a select few fans that always have to talk about them leaving, instead of loving the fact they are here. 

I love my wife and I always ask myself what I'd do without her.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Or....

Those fans are just talking about the constant speculation around him? 

I really don’t understand this comment. Why wouldn’t we be talking about him leaving when every man and his dog are in the media? You do realise we don’t want him to leave right? 

Also, It’s a forum. 

No I'm not sure. I think there are a few fans here that love the idea of being miserable more than success. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

We'd add 100m to our war chest, so you'd think perhaps 200m in total for the summer spend. 

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

It depends when he goes. I think next summer wouldn't be too bad for us and the year after would probably be best time for us to sell if we've had back to back top 8 seasons.

I've a feeling Jack might stay for 2 more seasons as there isn't likely to be a team who can afford him this summer. Then next summer Jack might stay as mid season there is the World Cup. He'd be same age as Harry Kane is this summer in 2 years time so he'll see what kind of big move can be on offer.

In two years time we'll have a much improved squad and team. Youth having got experience too. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Jesus Chris, it's just a conversation piece.  No one is wishing him away or suggesting we should sell him.  It's just something to ponder on and talk about, like what car you would buy if you could have any, or what would you do if you won the lottery or do you wipe standing up or sitting down.  It's just conversation. 

Plus you would hope that the club are having similar conversations and making contingency plans just in case. 

• Like 1

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1443310/Manchester-City-Aston-Villa-Leeds-Grealish-Harrison

"The Midlands side, who finished 11th in the Premier League this season, could supposedly be tempted by bids of around £100m for the England international.

They could then strengthen their squad this summer, just as they did last year with the likes of Ollie Watkins, Matty Cash and Matt Targett.

But various reports state that Villa have no intentions to sell their captain and they have no financial need to do so either."

How do they get away with such bull s##t 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, yayoboy said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1443310/Manchester-City-Aston-Villa-Leeds-Grealish-Harrison

"The Midlands side, who finished 11th in the Premier League this season, could supposedly be tempted by bids of around £100m for the England international.

They could then strengthen their squad this summer, just as they did last year with the likes of Ollie Watkins, Matty Cash and Matt Targett.

But various reports state that Villa have no intentions to sell their captain and they have no financial need to do so either."

How do they get away with such bull s##t 🤣

Free speech.😀

Tell lies and untruths enough times and often enough and it becomes the truth.

Edited by TRO

Â