The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think you’re joking but anyway Foden is sublime.  It’s fantastic that we have Grealish, Foden and Mount that are young and English.  Three probable world class talents.  I put Grealish and Foden ahead of Mount at the moment.  Different talents between Foden and Jack obviously but there is just a hairs breathe between them.

For me, Mount is an 8 and a damn good one.

Jack is the best at beating a man/creating.

Foden is the best at dynamic/quick interplay because he has grown up playing with de Bruyne, Silva, Gundoghan, Mahrez etc.. I don't think he would look as good as Jack, or possibly Mount, in a lesser team but we probably won't ever see that as he'll always be at Citeh or playing in a quality England team.

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yet you watch England look totally pedestrian and get beat by the first actually good team we come up against. 

Because Safegate hasn't got a clue how to deploy all of the talent that he has at his disposal!  He is so worried about other teams that he does not realise what he has.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think you’re joking but anyway Foden is sublime.  It’s fantastic that we have Grealish, Foden and Mount that are young and English.  Three probable world class talents.  I put Grealish and Foden ahead of Mount at the moment.  Different talents between Foden and Jack obviously but there is just a hairs breathe between them.

Every time I've watched city. Foden has looked average or bad. I think he is benefitting a lot from the fact his teammates get the vast majority of the attention so when he does something it is almost always in a 1v1 situation. 

Mount has been Chelseas best player this year. You wouldn't say that about Foden. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Anyone heard from that inner circle mate of his about where he is househunting this year? 

Arsenal fans have said he just bought a new house in Angel blud :P 

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Its an incredible production line of talent not just them but Maddison, Sancho, Greenwood etc but led by an idiot. Spain not long ago had Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alonso, Fabregas and Silva but the manager got nearly them all into the team

Southgate is the opposite and wants as many out of the team as possible, I would be shocked if England start a game at the Euros with 2 of Jack, Mount and Foden starting

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Southgate is the opposite and wants as many out of the team as possible, I would be shocked if England start a game at the Euros with 2 of Jack, Mount and Foden starting

No room for them and 5 DMs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

They offer different things to me.....on their day they are all top class.

11 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Every time I've watched city. Foden has looked average or bad. I think he is benefitting a lot from the fact his teammates get the vast majority of the attention so when he does something it is almost always in a 1v1 situation. 

Mount has been Chelseas best player this year. You wouldn't say that about Foden. 

Not sure why you think like that. Although Man City is full of world class players, Foden has been the shining light in that team. this season

48 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Don't have a subscription. It strikes me club PR via the Athletic to get the fans back onside after the CL debacle.

Nah, Sam Lee is reliable. He's also far from the first reliable source to say that City want Jack, so it's almost certainly true. Hopefully they won't be able to sell anyone in his position or I fear he'll be gone

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure why you think like that. Although Man City is full of world class players, Foden has been the shining light in that team. this season

This is a bit of how the  overhype starts on Foden, he has had a very good season but he hasnt had the impact of Dias, Gundogan, Cancelo, Rodri or De Bruyne this season

he is a very good player but he probably wont be up for the Manchester City Player of the Season

11 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I assume you didn’t watch the villa - City game then a couple of months ago where he ran us ragged, scored a great goal and frustrated Cash so much he got sent off.

Strange opinion to take.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I think they need Kane a lot more than they need Jack so hopefully if it's one or the other it will be Kane.

Don't necessarily agree with this, Kane's age per fee works against him. See City going for Mbappe or Haaland for that type of fee and getting a decade from the player like they did with Aguero.

Â