The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Probably 5th or 6th.

I do not think we will finish in the top 6 and I never had no expectations on us doing that.

Would be nice but if it doesn't I think Jack himself will look back on this season and say we did way better than expected.

Just now, bose said:

My expectations are WAY too high now that Jack is returning. 🤩

I believe we need to start shooting, we have stopped letting shots fly from a distance and if we have a look at the game against spurs, my one moan about that game is I couldn't see where a goal was going to come from because we don't shoot much.

I personally feel if Jack comes back or not that we are going to have this problem that needs sorting out regardless. If I keep seeing us trying to hard and trying to work the ball inside the box only to be met by a wall of opposition. It's going to be a very long end to this last half a season if we continue to make life harder for ourselves. We are making life so tough for ourselves at times that we need players to just take a shot on goal. Sure on target would be sweet but at least let shots fly and if they don't go on target eventually they should do. That is something that even Grealish can't sort out I'm afraid, just like the crossing that hits first defender or fly's way over.

Players need to take chances instead of doing to much and trying to work a ball as close to the keeper as they can where most the time we screw it up by that time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I believe we need to start shooting, we have stopped letting shots fly from a distance and if we have a look at the game against spurs, my one moan about that game is I couldn't see where a goal was going to come from because we don't shoot much.

I personally feel if Jack comes back or not that we are going to have this problem that needs sorting out regardless. If I keep seeing us trying to hard and trying to work the ball inside the box only to be met by a wall of opposition. It's going to be a very long end to this last half a season if we continue to make life harder for ourselves. We are making life so tough for ourselves at times that we need players to just take a shot on goal. Sure on target would be sweet but at least let shots fly and if they don't go on target eventually they should do. That is something that even Grealish can't sort out I'm afraid, just like the crossing that hits first defender or fly's way over.

Players need to take chances instead of doing to much and trying to work a ball as close to the keeper as they can where most the time we screw it up by that time.

Not Trezeguet though... he needs no encouragement to shoot and ironically the one player I least want to be shooting. 

Edited by Tommo_b

15 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Not Trezeguet though... he needs no encouragement to shoot and ironically the one player I least want to be shooting. 

Has Trezeguet ever scored a goal for us that wasn't a 1 touch finish at the back post? Maybe his second goal against Palace last season counts as he took a touch before finishing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Something similar could be said about Ghazi, the one player you feel shoots to much and never scores from 30 shots a game and the one player I dread to see on the ball outside of the box.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Just seen the comments from Jacks agent saying he expects 3 or 4 massive deals this summer from his stable of players.

He probably has about 20 players on his books. Jack won’t be going annnnnyyy where. 

26 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Just seen the comments from Jacks agent saying he expects 3 or 4 massive deals this summer from his stable of players.

If you look at their player list, you'd realize why it doesn't mean necessarily mean Jack Grealish panic stations.

ICM Stellar Sports - Player agency - Player Agents | Transfermarkt

They've got an impressive stable, Camavinga , Mason Mount, Gareth  Bale, Konate, Edouard, Loftus Cheek, Chilwell, Tierney, Ward-Prowse, Maxi Gomez, Nick Pope and the list goes on.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

He probably has about 20 players on his books. Jack won’t be going annnnnyyy where. 

Yes exactly let's not go down this path of suggesting Jack is leaving for the thousandth time this season all because of an Agent suggesting he expect a couple on his books may get a bigger than the normal usual move..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

More concerned about Konsa

Neither will Konsa be going anywhere. Nor Ming's, Target, Cash, Martinez, Watkins, Luiz, Traore, Grealish, Sanson, Mcginn and Wesley (time being)- that's my list of the stay puts.

My list of Outs will be Davis, Ghazi, Trezegeut, Taylor, Elmo, Nakamba, Kalanic, Heaton(possible), Hause(possible).

I'm not sure why people think we're going to start getting rid of our best players, have our Owners said something recently that may make some of you think they want to keep our worst but sell our best??? Summer I think will be exciting for us.

🤭

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you look at their player list, you'd realize why it doesn't mean necessarily mean Jack Grealish panic stations.

ICM Stellar Sports - Player agency - Player Agents | Transfermarkt

They've got an impressive stable, Camavinga , Mason Mount, Gareth  Bale, Konate, Edouard, Loftus Cheek, Chilwell, Tierney, Ward-Prowse, Maxi Gomez, Nick Pope and the list goes on.

A few in that list i wouldn't mind at Villa...

:trollface:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I wouldn't have said this.  I think - and this is largely aimed at AEG - we have been too predictable with our shooting.  All he wants to do is work it on to his right and let fly and defenders now know what is coming.  I think Trez has shot plenty but they just don't always look like shots.

This lack of quality out wide and Barkley's poor play has meant that Ollie has become isolated and is not getting fed in any more, so he is struggling to get shooting opportunities.

Even when Jack is back though, we need to try something different.  Teams have worked out where our threat is coming from (not hard, particularly with Barkley's drop off) and are making plans.  Smith's rigidity means we are not responding.  Jack was frustrated for 70 minutes (I think) of the West Ham game, then pooped up on the right and we score!  That's not rocket science to work out what we need to do!!

• Thanks 1

Being linked strongly with citeh again today.

If they come in for him dont think we will stop him and i think he will want to go. I personally think he will flop there because jacks going to have change his own game and cant do what he wants on the pitch like he can here. He wont be the star player there just another name and has ti accept he will be benched a lot like pep does with a lot of his squad.

If its citeh 100m. That 100m could really help us build a really strong squad if he were to go

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If they come in for him dont think we will stop him and i think he will want to go. I personally think he will flop there because jacks going to have change his own game and cant do what he wants on the pitch like he can here. He wont be the star player there just another name and has ti accept he will be benched a lot like pep does with a lot of his squad.

If its citeh 100m. That 100m could really help us build a really strong squad if he were to go

I agree with most of that. As much as I would love to keep him, City are going to be winning most trophies for the next few years, we are making good progress but are nowhere near them. The good thing about City wanting him (if true) is that I don’t think they will mess us around on price.  Our biggest problem then would be, that every other club we’re trying to purchase from will add a Grealish tax to every potential signing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I agree with most of that. As much as I would love to keep him, City are going to be winning most trophies for the next few years, we are making good progress but are nowhere near them. The good thing about City wanting him (if true) is that I don’t think they will mess us around on price.  Our biggest problem then would be, that every other club we’re trying to purchase from will add a Grealish tax to every potential signing.

Very good point about the city 'tax' i guess we will do it undisclosed so clubs dont know the full price. 

But even with 100m lets say we can get three-four quality players in

As good as grealish is and i would be sad to see him go we will never get anywhere if we just rely on one player only then when he is injured just fall apart like we seem to have done recently

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

He honestly won’t want to go, unless the money he is being offered is astronomical (even then he would be extremely reluctant)

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Very good point about the city 'tax' i guess we will do it undisclosed so clubs dont know the full price. 

But even with 100m lets say we can get three-four quality players in

As good as grealish is and i would be sad to see him go we will never get anywhere if we just rely on one player only then when he is injured just fall apart like we seem to have done recently

The sad thing is, a £25 million player is about the equivalent of a £6 million player 15 years ago, it sounds a lot but it’s not anymore. 

• Like 1

Â