The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 27/06/2020 at 14:40, Davkaus said:

One half decent moment today when he spun to take a volley but hit it right in to an opponent.

He was poor today, really poor, to the point I think we'd have done better without him. at least 3 occasions we broke with numbers, gave him the ball, and he just held on to the ball, slowed down, and let them regroup. He can't play the counter attacking style at all.

Some amount of clowns on here

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I think he knows when we come out against the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd with these line ups are about to get done over, lets be honest we all know it. Lets see how he is v Palace on Sunday. 

Why should we know that? We were the better team for the first half hour with Grealish contributing not a fat lot to that if I remember right.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I've never cared about players after they have left the Villa, they cant help my Villa so why do I care about them and Jack will be no different but I know a lot of Villa fans who do follow players careers after they leave the Villa.  i wonder if how they feel about Jack, if what you say is correct, and it gets more confirmed.  I assume they will be angry because when we needed one of our own to perform, he's gone missing because his head is already at his new club.  If anybody then says he deserves to be at a better club and know that and what he's done to the Villa, leaving us for dead in the last six games, then they need their head reading.

Apart from Luiz they have all been shit, we expect more from Jack because he's got the ability, we don't give a shit the rest have been crap because we know they are crap.

He can't be top level Grealish every game, he's off form. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be in this league and if it wasn't for him we would be relegated along time ago. He's never going to be able to drag the entire team through the whole season.

According to WhoScored he has the 22nd highest overall match rating out of the entire league, if we get relegated the one person you cant blame for this is Jack Grealish. 

• Like 1

Embarrassing people are turning on him, we would be down without his contribution this season. 

Its like bitter people know he is leaving and queuing up to say we could do better 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

Apart from Luiz they have all been shit, we expect more from Jack because he's got the ability, we don't give a shit the rest have been crap because we know they are crap.

He can't be top level Grealish every game, he's off form. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be in this league and if it wasn't for him we would be relegated along time ago. He's never going to be able to drag the entire team through the whole season.

According to WhoScored he has the 22nd highest overall match rating out of the entire league, if we get relegated the one person you cant blame for this is Jack Grealish. 

I would normally agree with you but where has he been the last six games?  He’s arguably been one of our poorer players over the six games.  I’m not expecting miracles from him but I also don’t expect him to be one of the main passengers for six games on the trot.  We literally would be better if he wasn’t playing at the moment because he’s too much of a luxury player in current form. We have nobody to bring in to replace him so that’s a problem but I wouldn’t mind if it was just off form, it looks like his interest isn’t there either....I’m hoping it’s only his head has dropped and he can fix or at least buck up for the Palace game but if it’s interest then it’s a massive problem.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Reaction in here is insane. What do you want Grealish to do? Skin half the defence? He's doubled up on every time, they are happy to surround him and let him pass it backwards.

He's trying too hard right now and he's playing awfully but what are his options? Pass it to Davis? Taylor? Everyone is awful and we have such little quality. We expect way too much from Grealish, you could replace him with Messi in the game today and you'd get the same replies in here 'That Messi kid, I don't see the fuss'. He looks injured/nackered too. You have to look at the bigger picture, he's off form but the replies here are embarrassing. 

I want him to run and press and show the desire that Luiz is showing. Jack is the captain, he should lead with example. Today he looked half arsed, sloppy with the ball, bad body language. Should have been subbed. Didn't look like a captain today, looked like a spoiled kid. Didn't even show much class or talent. Could be that he is half injured or exhausted, if so he should definitely have been subbed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Embarrassing people are turning on him, we would be down without his contribution this season. 

Its like bitter people know he is leaving and queuing up to say we could do better 

We look likely to go down with his contribution this season anyway. I’m all for supporting him when things are going right but since the lockdown he has been very poor on and off the pitch.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I would normally agree with you but where has he been the last six games?  He’s arguably been one of our poorer players over the six games.  I’m not expecting miracles from him but I also don’t expect him to be one of the main passengers for six games on the trot.  We literally would be better if he wasn’t playing at the moment because he’s too much of a luxury player in current form. We have nobody to bring in to replace him so that’s a problem but I wouldn’t mind if it was just off form, it looks like his interest isn’t there either....I’m hoping it’s only his head has dropped and he can fix or at least buck up for the Palace game but if it’s interest then it’s a massive problem.

I agree he's been poor, he's allowed to have a patch of poor form but its in a period where we can't afford it and we have been hurt by fixtures congestion, quality of the opponent and injuries. I still think it's a massive loss not having Targett and Guilbert on the flanks too. We have tried to focus on being much more compact and defensive minded to stop leaking goals, this has killed us at the other end and is partly what is hurting Jack in my opinion.

I don't agree he's not interested, I think he might be injured or just nackered but we will know for sure against Palace, it's a must win.

Don’t understand why he isn’t putting the effort in. Purslow would have told his agent that we are not forced sellers and there is a minimum price reserve, so to get his move he really needs to put in the effort and performance levels that will convince someone to pay that price for him. 

33 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So we are comparing Grealish with Messi now?

One of them is a great of the game and the other is about to be relegated for the second time, know who I'd rather have playing for Villa 🤦‍♂️

**** me, nuance really has died.

The whole point was people saying they think even Messi would struggle to look his best in our team so Grealish has no chance.

• Like 2

I'd tell him that unless his form improves we won't be selling him in the summer whichever division we're in. We shouldn't be accepting a lower transfer fee just because he's had a few below par performances, that opens up the club to be being messed about by players, knowing that they'd just have to drop their levels for a few games and their new team could buy them on the cheap.

On 07/07/2020 at 16:21, WooJung said:

It's only a bad thing if there are better options, such as shooting (many times grealish has the option to shoot, but doesn't) or releasing the ball more quickly when their defense isn't well set up. 

When those options are there it's fair to say that in many occasion Grealish can kill the momentum by holding the ball a bit too long. He's still a brilliant player, but that's where he should improve. It probably doesn't help feeling the pressure of having to do almost everything himself. 

Bland, predictable... He holds the ball and does nothing with it. As I said in the match thread, I suspect he has been found out, trama have figured out how to handle him. We haven't figured out that they have figured out and expect that just giving it it to him and hope he does something is a viable game plan. 

(sorry I didn't mean this as a direct response to you) 

Edited by WooJung

Â