The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I hope he goes abroad.

I genuinely can't think of a Prem team I'd be ok with him joining. Any team I don't already hate is so small / crap that the reality that they are a step up would also be crushing.

• Like 2

Just sell him, did ace earlier in the season, couldnt replicate it and your top guys you need to be able to do that. Not arsed, wants a move, is not the footballer people make him to be or whatever other reason it is we cannot afford to keep being the one man team any longer it is costing us when the chips are down.

21 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not arsed. 

Could have been keeping himself ticking over or preparing to come back in incredible shape but instead was out partying to the early morning and crashing his car. Came back a million miles off the pace and took out his anger at himself on his teammates by flailing his arms about after his crap passes and blaming them when he got tackled.

Could sit on United's bench for 4 years for all I care now.  **** him.

Will always let himself down. Always.

We really don’t need to be like this as a fan base. Sounds like a mad ex screaming “yOu’Ll nEvEr FiNd aNyOnE LiKe mE!!!”

Let’s just accept that Grealish got us promoted to the PL, has kept us vaguely in with a shout of surviving, and is now completely burnt out from having too much of the burden placed on his shoulders.

He’s been poor recently, but there’s no reason to turn on him. He’s still our best player of the last decade, and it will be a great shame if we turn on him out of bitterness.

The reality is exactly as Hourihane said - he’s too good for this squad. It benefits everyone to agree a good fee for him and invest it across the team.

On 10/07/2020 at 22:20, Villa_Vids said:

As long as we get the correct fee for Jack (which the club deserves for investing in him since he was a young lad), I don't really care where he goes or what he achieves. 

Likewise. Loved him while he's here, but once he leaves I don't care if he wins every trophy going or never plays another game again. Not our concern. 

Grealish isn't good enough to build a Premier League team around. He's superb on the ball with amazing skill and will score great individual goals - but he doesn't have the brains to be the foundation of a Premier League team. Jack's an icing on the cake player but the side needs to be underpinned by players that can dictate how the whole team plays and can make other players play better. Jack has never done that. 

It's a bit like England building their team around Steven Gerrard and playing Scholes wherever they could fit him in (usually wide left if at all) - when they should've built the team around Scholes.

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

We really don’t need to be like this as a fan base. Sounds like a mad ex screaming “yOu’Ll nEvEr FiNd aNyOnE LiKe mE!!!”

Let’s just accept that Grealish got us promoted to the PL, has kept us vaguely in with a shout of surviving, and is now completely burnt out from having too much of the burden placed on his shoulders.

He’s been poor recently, but there’s no reason to turn on him. He’s still our best player of the last decade, and it will be a great shame if we turn on him out of bitterness.

The reality is exactly as Hourihane said - he’s too good for this squad. It benefits everyone to agree a good fee for him and invest it across the team.

I'm just disappointed in him.  Before lockdown I have no issues but since restart i dont see it as burn out, I really dont and this is the time when he should be standing up, his boyhood team just to give that extra pound of flesh but he's not there, he's actually a burden to the team at the moment.  Obviously this is compounded by the rumours I hear about his off the field activities from reliable friends, which I hope arent true but seeing the car crash incident across the press it seems it may not.  I dont judge him about that but about what he does on the pitch and since restart he's been a lost figure.  Like all players they had 3 months break, maybe he just gave up, maybe, maybe, maybe....

I hoped he eventually left the club as a legend but now he's going out with a whimper and probably will just be remembered as a talent who left the club and did a few good things but in 20/30 years time in my retirement I will remember the greats down the years like McGrath and co, and then somebody will say what about Grealish and I'll remember a few good things and then move onto people that mattered more in Villa history.  It's sad because I didnt want that for him.

Tony Cascarino suggested on Talks**T this morning, that we would get £30m for him, as a relegated club. If that's all we are bid, he stays where he is. That's the sort of derisory bid that Daniel Levy would make. What do you get for £30m these days? Certainly not Jack Grealish from us! We might have been playing like mugs of late, but don't take us for mugs, when it comes to transfer fees!   :rolleyes:  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John said:

Tony Cascarino suggested on Talks**T this morning, that we would get £30m for him, as a relegated club. If that's all we are bid, he stays where he is. That's the sort of derisory bid that Daniel Levy would make. What do you get for £30m these days? Certainly not Jack Grealish from us! We might have been playing like mugs of late, but don't take us for mugs, when it comes to transfer fees!   :rolleyes:  

It’s like people don’t understand that billionaires own the club and are the 5th richest team in the Premier League 

• Like 1

Brilliant player, best I’ve seen in a Villa shirt in my lifetime.

But to make the step up he needs to release the ball quicker, the player he could potentially be working under someone like Pep would be frightening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Back to his very best today.

A joy to watch on days like this.

No way was he back to his best today, he wasnt in my top five ratings today for Villa players.  Today's result was inspite of him not because of him.  Better than recently but the team carried him today more than the other way around.

If Jack could perform like we know he can then put that back into this team who played today we may have a chance over the last three games.  We did it today without the Jack we know and the team did it today for us.  He did ok, but we know he has more gears than that.

Edited by nick76

Just now, nick76 said:

Just trying to think whose played in that time for us.  Definitely isnt the best player I've seen in a Villa shirt and I'm 43

From my memory: Martin Laursen is a very close contender, prime Agbonlahor, Carew and Young are up there too.

Yorke left a little bit too early for me to have many recollections of him playing.  

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

From my memory: Martin Laursen is a very close contender, prime Agbonlahor, Carew and Young are up there too.

Yorke left a little bit too early for me to have many recollections of him playing.  

Yeah you've been a bit short of talent in the last twenty 20 years especially putting Gabby in that bucket.

Forget how old I am sometimes.

Edited by nick76

14 minutes ago, penguin said:

But to make the step up he needs to release the ball quicker, 

This all day, and if I'm honest, never Captain material.

It was strange to see how he burst into life along with the rest of the team.

Obviously confidence lifts everyone, but at times when it is low, as Captain, he should be the one lifting everyone. IMO he has been cowering along with the rest for the last few games.

Based on today, I'm starting to realise that he must also have been VERY low on confidence as well, maybe not so much that he hasn't been bothered.

Confident Jack would have taken a couple of those opportunities to shoot.

5 minutes ago, penguin said:

All different players though. Grealish is not like any other player we have had. Closest maybe Merson and Jack's better than him.

• Like 2

Â