The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

To slow on the counter, the team worked well today mcginn and luiz picked the ball up well from deep yet jack always had his back to goal standing still and demanding the ball , big weakness in his game inability to make a forward run 

15 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Yet he was the only one who fashioned openings and direct shots on goal.

I dont think this is quite true. El Ghazi had a shot and so did Luis.

Realistically hes our best player, head and shoulders above everyone else we have. But preformance wise for the last few games we have played he's been shocking.

At the beginning of the season he was non stop moving, chasing people down, making tackles everywhere. Today he barely broke a sweat. To often he was strolling about the pitch especially in the second half. As Captain his preformances since the end of lockdown have been pathetic. He looks a shadow of the player he was at the start of the season. His passing today at times bar once or twice was poor. He was so slow on the ball killing any momentum. He had the ball pinched off him a lot. He clearly is better than this and clearly is not putting in the effort. I struggle to rememeber him even breaking into a sprint.

I'm praying he's struggling with fitness.

I really don't want to believe he wouldn't put his heart and soul into a relegation battle for his boyhood club, move away already agreed or not.

• Like 1

Clutching at straws but I hope Souness doubting him on Sky - and the social media reaction to that - which he must have noticed will force a reaction or sorts.

He is 100% not looking himself though.

I have two minds about this:-

a) This is partly due to us playing a system more focussed towards our defence and less towards him. He is a 'victim' of that of sorts and will hopefully soon improve as the likes of McGinn come unto match speed and we'll see the world class player he can be coupled with a more solid defence.

b) We have been playing a system for 2 years now designed, specifically, to get the absolute best out of him (something Smith is famous for doing i..e Sawyers at Brentford/Walsall). This has led to us all getting a slightly overinflated opinion of his 'true' ability and if we can get silly money (£50m+) for him we should take it.

18 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Possibly doing us out of millions with recent performances.  

I reckon he’s done a deal already (as the papers think) and he is trying not to pick up a serious injury.

31 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Clutching at straws but I hope Souness doubting him on Sky - and the social media reaction to that - which he must have noticed will force a reaction or sorts.

He is 100% not looking himself though.

I have two minds about this:-

a) This is partly due to us playing a system more focussed towards our defence and less towards him. He is a 'victim' of that of sorts and will hopefully soon improve as the likes of McGinn come unto match speed and we'll see the world class player he can be coupled with a more solid defence.

b) We have been playing a system for 2 years now designed, specifically, to get the absolute best out of him (something Smith is famous for doing i..e Sawyers at Brentford/Walsall). This has led to us all getting a slightly overinflated opinion of his 'true' ability and if we can get silly money (£50m+) for him we should take it.

Option c) is that he's just having a poor run of games, most players do on occasion. 

However I do believe that there is an element of truth to option b), he often holds the ball too long when there are other options available (sometimes including shooting). He always wants to either win a foul or dribble past the opponents, and it often works, but especially when there is a lot of space and a through ball is clearly the best option to open a defense, he holds the ball too long and we lose momentum. I think this is one of the reasons we are so Terrible on the counter. 

The other side of the coin is that our other players hardly want to take responsibility to attempt a better pass, cross or shot option and just go for the lazy and responsibility-free option of "just give it to jack". 

7 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Option c) is that he's just having a poor run of games, most players do on occasion. 

However I do believe that there is an element of truth to option b), he often holds the ball too long when there are other options available (sometimes including shooting). He always wants to either win a foul or dribble past the opponents, and it often works, but especially when there is a lot of space and a through ball is clearly the best option to open a defense, he holds the ball too long and we lose momentum. I think this is one of the reasons we are so Terrible on the counter. 

The other side of the coin is that our other players hardly want to take responsibility to attempt a better pass, cross or shot option and just go for the lazy and responsibility-free option of "just give it to jack". 

Option d) He doesn't want to play against Aston Villa next season.

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Going through the motions, heads turned, doesn’t want to be here, doesn’t want to get injured etc...did you miss the bit where he got injured early doors got treated 3 times but stayed on and finished the 90 mins rather than going off? If he wanted to go in to hiding he could quite easily

some heads need a right wobble, best player in a generation, best player to come through the villa ranks in my lifetime, played / playing in the 2 worst villa teams in my lifetime

hes playing badly...that’s it, none of this bollocks about him giving up or not performing when we need him the most or not being able to save us because his head and heart aren’t in it...he’s just out of form in a team with 1 player in the whole 25 man squad in form even then he’s not “shit” he’s still our 2nd best performer most games since the restart 

Still with one foot creates most chances and opportunities. If we had just one more legitimate threat he would have been even better this season. It's a shame the Jean Kevin Augustin deal didn't come off because his electric pace would have meant Jack creating even more chances.

Â