The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’ll leave regardless of what division we’re in, I think he thinks he’s too good for us 

Probably a bit harsh that . He is villa thru and thru and has stuck with it so far. IMO yes he is to good for this villa team! 

I think he will go next season even in the unlikely event of us avoiding relegation. And can you blame him - he has single handed carried his team week in week out.  

I've never been so excited watching this lad week in week out he is class and deserves to be playing at a better level.We unfortunately cant offer him the level of football he should be paying  at for the next foreseeable  seasons. Can you imagine what Jack really thinks looking across the villa midfield at the other players. he is on a different level!

When he goes he should go with the full support of all villa fans , hopefully we can recoup some decent wedge to rebuild again.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think alot of the fans have a part to play in this.

Well if he does think that, he doesn’t show it. His attitude is excellent. 

The fans may well have played a part in him thinking he’s a fantastic player but then he is. Why wouldn’t we praise arguably the best player we’ve ever produced? 

He’s a superstar in the making. I don’t think we will manage to keep hold of him even if we stay up, he is just THAT good. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Probably a bit harsh that . He is villa thru and thru and has stuck with it so far. IMO yes he is to good for this villa team! 

I think he will go next season even in the unlikely event of us avoiding relegation. And can you blame him - he has single handed carried his team week in week out.  

I've never been so excited watching this lad week in week out he is class and deserves to be playing at a better level.We unfortunately cant offer him the level of football he should be paying  at for the next foreseeable  seasons. Can you imagine what Jack really thinks looking across the villa midfield at the other players. he is on a different level!

When he goes he should go with the full support of all villa fans , hopefully we can recoup some decent wedge to rebuild again.

Yeah I can blame him, because realistically he has played 2/3rds of a season in the Premier League, and we are as responsible for making Jack Grealish who he is, as Jack Grealish.

Now the combo of fans and media make it seem as if we are Bolton, Jack is Leo Messi, we have reached our ceiling and Jack, at 24 has been carrying/yo yoing with us for a decade, whilst turning down multiple offers from Champions League clubs for multiple seasons out of "love".

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I can blame him, because realistically he has played 2/3rds of a season in the Premier League, and we are as responsible for making Jack Grealish who he is, as Jack Grealish.

Now the combo of fans and media make it seem as if we are Bolton, Jack is Leo Messi, we have reached our ceiling and Jack, at 24 has been carrying/yo yoing with us for a decade, whilst turning down multiple offers from Champion League clubs for multiple seasons out of "love".

its football mate not love island

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Now the combo of fans and media make it seem as if we are Bolton, Jack is Leo Messi, we have reached our ceiling and Jack, at 24 has been carrying/yo yoing with us for a decade, whilst turning down multiple offers from Champion League clubs for multiple seasons out of "love".

I  do not believe anyone is saying that!

The facts are Jacks capable of playing at a decent level - Villa unfortunately are no where near his potential at the moment .

Its all about cash at the end of the day and the desire to play at a better level. I wouldn't blame him one bit!!!!!!

• Like 1

Have to say the way he breezed past Toby Alderweireld was fun to watch. That is one of the best CBs in league in last 4 years and he made him look like a Sunday league hack teasing him on the touchline. That run actually lead to the Luiz chance.

Thought Spurs were pretty rubbish at the back today.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I  do not believe anyone is saying that!

The facts are Jacks capable of playing at a decent level - Villa unfortunately are no where near his potential at the moment .

Its all about cash at the end of the day and the desire to play at a better level. I wouldn't blame him one bit!!!!!!

And we'll never get there if anytime we have players like this we roll over and decide that they are too good for us and should go and play for a better club because they "deserve it" and are too good for us.

I'll admit I might have tunnel vision on this and I'm very defensive of the club, yes we obviously know the shortcomings we have, but I miss the days of loyalty.

It feels shit enough to have to hear/see members of the media and other clubs fans talking about how great he is and how shite we are, and it hurts me even more from our own fans ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And we'll never get there if anytime we have players like this we roll over and decide that they are too good for us and should go and play for a better club because they "deserve it" and are too good for us.

I'll admit I might have tunnel vision on this and I'm very defensive of the club, yes we obviously know the shortcomings we have, but I miss the days of loyalty.

It feels shit enough to have to hear/see members of the media and other clubs fans talking about how great he is and how shite we are, and it hurts me even more from our own fans ffs.

This is football.

There are like 2 or 3 clubs in the world who are able to stop top players from leaving for better things. 

Jack Grealish is too good for us. I have no doubt he will go on to better things.

I’m going to bite. Let’s say he does think he is too good for us (which he obviously is). What does this even mean and why would a villa fan even suggest it? Is he showing a poor attitude? Is he not fighting for the cause?  Is it having a go at other players and blaming everything on them? is he trying to engineer a move?  

Sorry @sir_gary_cahill. I know you think he is overrated but this statement is ******* ridiculous. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think you are.  It’s ruining the thread in my opinion. 

Yes, I'm bored of it now. The post yesterday that said 'he has the longest run of Premier League losses . . . can't we talk about more recent performances' or words to that effect really made clear that there's no worthwhile debate to be had about this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m going to bite. Let’s say he does think he is too good for us (which he obviously is). What does this even mean and why would a villa fan even suggest it? Is he showing a poor attitude? Is he not fighting for the cause?  Is it having a go at other players and blaming everything on them? is he trying to engineer a move?  

Sorry @sir_gary_cahill. I know you think he is overrated but this statement is ******* ridiculous. 

🎣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’ll leave regardless of what division we’re in, I think he thinks he’s too good for us 

I agree and to be fair to him he is and deserves to be playing in a team chasIng the big trophies - would rather he went abroad than to another English club but good to luck to hIm -  probably the best player we’ve had since McGrath 

Â