The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Jack’s goal was unbelievable but I actually enjoyed Tammy’s goal more. I am not saying that it was better than Jack’s obviously but I do enjoy goals like Tammy’s more. It was a class team goal from back to front that tore Derby apart, leading to a tap in.

Beyond the whole who’s goal was better debate something else occurred to me yesterday. 

When we were playing well earlier in the season and McGinn put in several for me at least 10/10 performances I found myself wondering is he better than Jack? Or if not a better player would we miss him more if he was out the team and Jack wasn’t? 

I am genuinely surprised by how emphatic the answer has been to that question. Only a very small sample size but the difference couldn’t be clearer in that sample. 

Edited by villaglint

On 02/03/2019 at 19:21, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, he’s a fantastic player but he’s not a captain, not a leader, Mings should be captain

Yeah my comment was a bit tounge in cheek. But I actually thought Jack grew with the captaincy, looked to take more responsability than usual, not only when he had the ball but in other situations as well. And when players went down he was there to check how they were etc. 

18 hours ago, villaglint said:

Jack is a wonder goal and capped off an amazing comeback. We haven't had one of mazy run goals in a long time, be nice to do that on Sunday. 

The scum will hack him down if he tries to run with the ball. Hopefully, we will have a strong ref who will issue yellow cards early to prevent them doing it over and over again.

2 minutes ago, Ouchmefoot said:

The scum will hack him down if he tries to run with the ball. Hopefully, we will have a strong ref who will issue yellow cards early to prevent them doing it over and over again.

If I learned anything from the last game they are useless when our players are running at them ;) 

17 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Jack’s goal was unbelievable but I actually enjoyed Tammy’s goal more. I am not saying that it was better than Jack’s obviously but I do enjoy goals like Tammy’s more. It was a class team goal from back to front that tore Derby apart, leading to a tap in.

i think first time i saw it yeah i was loving it, 3/4 really good quick passing but then after a couple of watches i started to question where all the derby players were...its an awful goal from their perspective, midfield non existent, LB gone for a hot dog, its terrible from them

Just now, turvontour said:

Derby were terrified to close Grealish down in the end. The amount of time he had to measure up that left footed shot in the second half was ridiculous. Just walked into the position to shoot.

Jack dropped the shoulder and they expected him to shoot with his right. 

9 hours ago, turvontour said:

Derby were terrified to close Grealish down in the end. The amount of time he had to measure up that left footed shot in the second half was ridiculous. Just walked into the position to shoot.

That used to happen to Gazza all the time, it does to most really good players. 

The defence gets so scared of them they do the worse thing they can possibly do and back off and give them space. 

12 hours ago, turvontour said:

Derby were terrified to close Grealish down in the end.

He wanders round people so slowly they look like real mugs. It scares them into retreating and giving him space which he then thrives in.

He also spreads confidence everywhere by making it look so bleeding easy. The squad need to believe in themselves to do it when he isn't leading the way.

15 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I just logged in to say I love you.

Thanks!  Not sure what Mrs F will think of this though?  She already thinks I’m having an affair with Villatalk!! :lol:

• Haha 1

It sucks that he's spent most of his time down here in the Championship, but I think he's our best player since Yorke. The only player since then to have world class potential was Benteke but sadly he never realized it, with us or without us. I think Jack can get there. Hopefully with us!

• Like 1

Â