The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Elphick would of been shouted at for that I reckon. It's a very good view and angle the video is and he nearly got his head to that and helped them defend a great ball..

So Gary Thompson is claiming Grealish would be a snip at 20 million.

Personally I think our owners will stamp any offer out for the lad in the summer, I dont think he would go to wolves no matter what anyway. Something in that contract i will put a bet on Jack staying with us, he knows something we dont and so do the owner's.

Edited by Dave-R

7 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

Surely if you've had issues with your shins then it's worth protecting them a bit more? Every little helps.

Oh, wearing shin pads is of course always a good idea - but they protect against fractures or other injuries from a sudden external impact. They protect as much against stress fractures as a boxer's mouthguard protects against tooth decay.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If by the end of the season he believes in what Smith is selling the we may just be able to keep him for one more year.

However I think with the madness of money someone will come in and bid 35 million and it will be goodbye Jack.

If we get 35m for him then bye bye ffp. We can really build a quality squad with that. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we get 35m for him then bye bye ffp. We can really build a quality squad with that. 

We could also buy players like McCormack, Hogan and a couple more shit keepers. Jack's a massive player for us and our best chance to go up. If we let him go then I fear our future is championship for a few seasons more, we have waited decades for a player like him .

We need to hope we go up this season and Jack is the key to that. For me the games we have left this season define us for 5 years or longer. Jack's the key , no pressure there then 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

We could also buy players like McCormack, Hogan and a couple more shit keepers. Jack's a massive player for us and our best chance to go up. If we let him go then I fear our future is championship for a few seasons more, we have waited decades for a player like him .

We need to hope we go up this season and Jack is the key to that. For me the games we have left this season define us for 5 years or longer. Jack's the key , no pressure there then 😅

Or we keep him and lose him for half the season again. He is an injury prone player.  I don’t think he has managed one full season with us. 

I think we should cash in if the money is right and build a team that doesn’t fall apart without one player.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is an injury prone player.  I don’t think he has managed one full season with us. 

I wouldn't say injury prone as much, he cannot help getting the shit kicked out of him nearly every game. Eventually they do take their toll.

However, I agree I also don't think I have seen a full season from him yet either.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Or we keep him and lose him for half the season again. He is an injury prone player.  I don’t think he has managed one full season with us. 

I think we should cash in if the money is right and build a team that doesn’t fall apart without one player.

We don’t often agree but I agree with you here. If a stupid money offer comes then we should sell. I’d rathe4 have a talented team than a average side wh one or two excellent individuals - one who picks up major injuries regularly 

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS: following a request to allow Gary Gardner to be able to play in the 2nd city derby a further request has been made by Birmingham city to leave Jack Grealish out of the Aston Villa squad 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dean has just reiterated that "He has a long term future at the club" in the Press Conference when asked about him remaining Captain.

Seems Bullish.

We all know the reality and have to reluctantly accept it - if any club bids 30m+ he is going providing we don't go up. 

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dean has just reiterated that "He has a long term future at the club" in the Press Conference when asked about him remaining Captain.

Seems Bullish.

I am starting to think that we have no intention of selling Jack over the summer. Smith has now mentioned that he intends to build his team around Grealish and that he has a long term future at the club.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wouldn't say injury prone as much, he cannot help getting the shit kicked out of him nearly every game. Eventually they do take their toll.

However, I agree I also don't think I have seen a full season from him yet either.

I agree completely, this 'Injury Prone' Malarkey doesn't make sense at all.  He had a life threatening injury start of last season and as mentioned above a bone fracture from (probably) being the most kicked player in the championship. And he even still tried to play with that fracture. I'm not saying all of this helps his valuation but i think we're exaggerating massively when we say that clubs will be put off bidding for this reason. 

If anything being the most fouled player in the champ (Even after missing a third of the season so far) is a plus not a minus... 

If he stays for one more season, Aston Villa is really going places regardless of which league we find ourselves in next season.

I can see a new team built by Smith and co. around Jack and McGinn storming the league next season.

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We all know the reality and have to reluctantly accept it - if any club bids 30m+ he is going providing we don't go up. 

He'd have to want to go, he might want to stay and be our Totti.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I think there is no doubt he loves the club and it must be killing him the fact that he is playing the best football of his career but so far it hasnt been enough to get us promoted. 

That said being in the Championship is clearly ruining his international hopes. If a decent team comes in he will be off, he obviously wanted to join Spurs listening to him talk about it. 

Whether a team is willing to pay what our owners want is another matter. He doesnt seem to be able to last a full season without some kind of serious injury. The owners obviously wanted mega bucks last summer which Spurs werent willing to pay. Whether that changes with FFP I guess we will find out in the summer. 

Edited by villaglint

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Not going to happen. If spurs make a big offer we can't turn it down and jack will go with a heavy heart. Even the club has admitted we face big challenges come the summer. 

I think we need to be realistic

1 hour ago, El Kami Ghazi said:

I agree completely, this 'Injury Prone' Malarkey doesn't make sense at all.  He had a life threatening injury start of last season and as mentioned above a bone fracture from (probably) being the most kicked player in the championship. And he even still tried to play with that fracture. I'm not saying all of this helps his valuation but i think we're exaggerating massively when we say that clubs will be put off bidding for this reason. 

If anything being the most fouled player in the champ (Even after missing a third of the season so far) is a plus not a minus... 

The crappy championship referees have to take some responsibility for that too. Protect the poor lad 

Â