The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

He's not been a flop at city, he's just won the treble.  He'll be forever remembered by city fans as being a part of that team.

He's not the star of that team, like he was with us, but he was a pretty integral part of the system, which is all Pep wanted.

He won't have "unlearned" all of the tricks he used when he was at Villa and I'm sure in a team with a less rigid system he'd be much more fun to watch again.

Real or Liverpool where they're fairly fluid when attacking, he'd be great.

It's a bit like when Benteke went to Liverpool, at the time, we all knew that was a stupid move because Benteke can't lead a press.  But the thing with Jack is, is that he's more adaptable in that LW role than Benteke was in the ST role.  So he had a poor year whilst learning and won the treble in his second year when he was more familiar.

Spot on.

My gripe with Jack is how he took the piss out of us, the club, the owners, and all of those who picked him up off the street and defended him. He was touting for business form other clubs every year like a whore needing crack.

He has been great for City and he was world class for us. 

• Like 1

Not a flop but just kind of meh. For a British record transfer I feel like your return should be a bit more than that. Good thing City has an entire Oil state backing them. No club would presently pay City half what they paid for Jack's services. Shows how crazy good a deal Purslow was able to secure. 

• Like 1

I had a look on Man City forum and their opinions seem strangely different to what I read on here, for the most part they seem to love him, and think he played a massive part in their success last season being one of their most important players, references to him being 'magical', aren't uncommon, the reason for his slow start this season so it seems is that he's had a few niggling injuries, again Man City fans desperate to get him back in the team.

If he was available for £50m every club that could afford it would be trying to buy him no debate

I know how this story will go, Man City will do well again, and Grealish will have played a big part in that presuming he staysf fit, there's another story to unfold within his impressive living biography, but that shall not be told for now.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I had a look on Man City forum and their opinions seem strangely different to what I read on here, for the most part they seem to love him, and think he played a massive part in their success last season being one of their most important players, references to him being 'magical', aren't uncommon, the reason for his slow start this season so it seems is that he's had a few niggling injuries, again Man City fans desperate to get him back in the team.

If he was available for £50m every club that could afford it would be trying to buy him no debate

I know how this story will go, Man City will do well again, and Grealish will have played a big part in that presuming he staysf fit, there's another story to unfold within his impressive living biography, but that shall not be told for now.

They certainly haven't looked the dominant force they used to whilst Jack has been out, although I think their fans are clutching at straws if they think Jack is the answer to that. 

Rodri coming back will sort most of their issues, but playing Jack instead of Doku at the moment wouldn't give them much improvement.

I question whether the desire at club level is still in him after winning everything last season. How much of his niggly injuries are down to the three week bender he went on at the end of the season? Did he test the patience of Pep just a little too far?

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

They certainly haven't looked the dominant force they used to whilst Jack has been out, although I think their fans are clutching at straws if they think Jack is the answer to that. 

Rodri coming back will sort most of their issues, but playing Jack instead of Doku at the moment wouldn't give them much improvement.

I question whether the desire at club level is still in him after winning everything last season. How much of his niggly injuries are down to the three week bender he went on at the end of the season? Did he test the patience of Pep just a little too far?

De Bruyne is a much bigger loss than Grealish and thats who they are missing along with Gundogan

• Like 1

He's not a flop.

He's under delivered for a £100m record signing, imo. And it's disappointing to see him not paying the way he used to with us.

But he's contributed, especially last season, and they won the treble. 

• Like 1

As always depends on context...

As a £100m record transfer he's absolutely a flop

As someone who Wikipedia scouts will look up his goals and assists he's a flop

As someone who combined with Haaland cost £160m (which a huge asterix next to Haaland) that's not so bad

As someone they never needed in the first place he's not a flop

As someone who has been instructed to play in a complete different way to everything that made him good he's not a flop

For him personally on £300k a week, PL, CL winner with a record breaking boot deal and a gucci deal I doubt he'd consider himself a flop....

The strange thing being he still hasn't broken through for England and nailed his place, that as a reason for leaving us is probably the big one that he's not achieved, that is the one where he has definitely failed... But most fingers will point to big nose not him

On 18/10/2023 at 19:34, dubbs said:

Yes but he'll be a star in the Saudi league.

As if Grealish will go to a country where booze is illegal. 

• Haha 4

His first season at City he was average at best. He himself admitted he didn't contribute as much as he wanted to. 

Last year he certainly did. 

This year he's not part of it at all and Doku looks the new shiny toy. 

If it continues that way then that's 1 good season out of 3 for £100 million. 

All his partying years.

Can see him being completely washed up by the age of 30-31

Couple with his ridiculous wages there is no way he'll ever return to Villa. Nor should we want him back. Nor will he be good enough for us.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 2

Â