The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

16 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I've commented a length about his private life before, but I want to park it for the moment. Instead, I want to acknowledge that his rise to stardom coinciding with Gareth Southgate and Pep Guardiola's respective managerial careers has stolen the golden years of one of the most unusually gifted English footballers of his generation. A player who, on his day (and there were many of them for us), offers something no other English player can. He had his wings clipped by modern football's emphasis on rigidity and systems-thinking. 

I genuinely think he could have set the world alight with his level of talent (even more than he has). His personal antics may have put a ceiling on how far he could've gone, but his ability with a football, his vision and utter cheek were singular in terms of English football in the modern era. Before he moved to Citeh, his cameos in the Euros were genuinely game changing. He was so different, defenders had no clue how to deal with him, but the big money and the approach to football advocated by Pep at Citeh were just not conducive to his type of talent. 

I'm so pleased we got to see him in his pomp at VP. I'm also pleased we cashed in when we did. 

Spot on, Boregate especially should be charged with anti football crimes. 

Between them, they have turned a potential British Messi into Kent Nielson in 2 years! 

Pair of self entitled words removed 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I've commented a length about his private life before, but I want to park it for the moment. Instead, I want to acknowledge that his rise to stardom coinciding with Gareth Southgate and Pep Guardiola's respective managerial careers has stolen the golden years of one of the most unusually gifted English footballers of his generation. A player who, on his day (and there were many of them for us), offers something no other English player can. He had his wings clipped by modern football's emphasis on rigidity and systems-thinking. 

I genuinely think he could have set the world alight with his level of talent (even more than he has). His personal antics may have put a ceiling on how far he could've gone, but his ability with a football, his vision and utter cheek were singular in terms of English football in the modern era. Before he moved to Citeh, his cameos in the Euros were genuinely game changing. He was so different, defenders had no clue how to deal with him, but the big money and the approach to football advocated by Pep at Citeh were just not conducive to his type of talent. 

I'm so pleased we got to see him in his pomp at VP. I'm also pleased we cashed in when we did. 

Southgate I agree but a lot of players have flourished under Pep. Hes won league titles and champions league and earned bags of money but if he would have been a better player if he had stayed at Villa. i can imagine a peak Grealish in this Emery team challenging for the title. 

Kevin Grealish explained, “I said (to Tottenham) put some real money on the table. I didn’t want to see the club in our hearts robbed of money.”

“I said, ‘No, Jack is not going’. Something was not right. They tried to get him cheap. For pennies. Maybe I was naive, but I said, ‘We’re not going’. I thought, ‘Have I made a complete fool of myself?’, ‘have I messed it up?’. And, ‘Will Jack ever get the chance to play against such great players?’

Kevin Grealish continued, “It was Jack who got them (Aston Villa) up. When he returned and became captain, the odds were 20 to manage promotion. I know it’s a team game, but still… The next year he was also the one who kept Villa up. Then he left for £100 million.”

https://cityxtra.co.uk/6766/put-some-real-money-on-the-table-father-of-manchester-city-superstar-reveals-rejected-move-to-tottenham/

image.png

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Not strictly true. His dad is spinning a yarn here - Bruce admitted that everyone was for sale - Spurs tried to lowball NSWE and it failed, but various sources indicated he'd agreed to join. Jack even said himself that he thought the Hull game was his final game for us - his head was "turned" and was unfocused that summer. He was frustrated at the move. The idea that this was some noble act is just trying to save face. If they were honest about it, less of this ''my club, my club" stuff, people would be less fussed. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This loudmouth again. An absolute egotistical clown

Some Spurs ‘insiders’ thought otherwise about the deal 

By Jack’s and Bruce’s words, the deal was a lot closer than his dad wants to claim now. 

Jack looked totally miserable when he was last subbed and Daku seems to be doing the same job for less, so I wondered whether, now that he has five medals in his sock-draw, he might decide to move to a club where he would be given the sort of freedom he enjoyed at Villa.

City seems to have cocked up by getting rid of Mahrez and Gündoğan; they now have players like Kovačić and Phillips, who are not very convincing.

So City might cash Jack in, which could suit both parties.

40 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Jack looked totally miserable when he was last subbed and Daku seems to be doing the same job for less, so I wondered whether, now that he has five medals in his sock-draw, he might decide to move to a club where he would be given the sort of freedom he enjoyed at Villa.

City seems to have cocked up by getting rid of Mahrez and Gündoğan; they now have players like Kovačić and Phillips, who are not very convincing.

The Rodri injury is a big loss for them too. Gundo loss covered by Rodri but with both of them and De Bruyne out,  they're a significantly weaker outfit.

Still insanely strong as evidence by them sitting third in the league, but far from invincible. 

Edited by MrBlack

3 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I think City were more in trouble that Rodri was out and they didn't have KDB's superhuman abilities to bail them out again.

Grealish was never needed for City despite all the boohoo about his ball retention.

United, Liverpool - he would have shined but in Pep's sacrificial system. - just a horribly expensive cog in the machine.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Are these quotes real?

If so, I agree he played a huge part in keeping us up.

However, the run in, post Covid in survival season, he completely disappeared. 

46 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Are these quotes real?

Looks like it

At the time when grealish looks like he's really struggling at city, Alvarez and Doku ahead of him in the team, struggling with fitness his dad does an interview with a Norwegian paper talking about villa and spurs...

Theres a lot of deflection going on there

On 09/10/2023 at 15:32, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Absolutely bang on.

On 09/10/2023 at 15:32, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Please PM that to him on Instagram

17 hours ago, MrBlack said:

The Rodri injury is a big loss for them too. Gundo loss covered by Rodri but with both of them and De Bruyne out,  they're a significantly weaker outfit.

Still insanely strong as evidence by them sitting third in the league, but far from invincible. 

Think Rodri was just a suspension? Him stupidly getting sent off in a comfortable win and then missing the next 2 which they lost could be very significant.

• Like 1

Just now, villan95 said:

Think Rodri was just a suspension? Him stupidly getting sent off in a comfortable win and then missing the next 2 which they lost could be very significant.

Apologies, yes. I try not to pay too close attention to them but knew he was out. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Are these quotes real?

Indeed. He was poor in that run-in. Those quotes are disrespectful to his teammates and a bit (well very) cringe tbh.

Â