The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

On 25/10/2023 at 14:16, TheMelvillan said:

wouldnt swap them at this moment in time personally

I’m really not sure myself - I think Jack is a much better footballer than Diaby and that is no reflection on him whatsoever. I would bring Jack home now, if possible.

But I also rate Diaby and back him 100%

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Jack can stay where  he his thanks or go somewhere else if that lot are sick of their shiny toy.

It was either bollocks about him being a massive Villa fan (like it was with his Irish stuff circa 2014-2015) or he really was a massive villa fan and still shattered on us.

Such an odd thing to say with all due respect.

Jack is a professional footballer and would clearly want to achieve great things in the game - why would he not? Doesn’t stop him being a villan. 
Just imagine having Jack, Diaby Watkins, Zaniolo, Duran, Bertie, Bailey all pushing for a forward spot?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

That's fine, but don't go on social media and profess undying love for the club you are about to shift the week before deadline day.

I do think Jack still loves the club - would you stop supporting Villa, if you got offered a pro contract ?  How was he really supposed to turn down city?
I’d bring Jack home tomorrow, if it was possible.

Each to their own as the saying goes is applicable here I feel 👍🏻

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I do think Jack still loves the club - would you stop supporting Villa, if you got offered a pro contract ?  How was he really supposed to turn down city?

And all the other transfers he tried to make before City

I wouldn't swap him for Diaby anyway

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

And all the other transfers he tried to make before City

I wouldn't swap him for Diaby anyway

This is the key for me. After we lost to Fulham in the final, he would have moved at any opportunity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Grealish returning to Villa could be problematic to the current balance and cohesion of the team. And we'd have to pay a massive fee. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

How long has he got on his contract at city? He could come back on a free afterwards, having accomplished his personal goals.

3+ more years at 300k a week. We aint paying that and he would be a fool to walk away from that deal. We have a better player in Diaby anyway so why are we talking about a ManC bench player. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

3+ more years at 300k a week. We aint paying that and he would be a fool to walk away from that deal. We have a better player in Diaby anyway so why are we talking about a ManC bench player. 

IF we wanted him it would be a FREE transfer and for a much lower contract. He won't get that much in a contract again outside of Saudi Arabia. He may well want to join us at 31/32 years of age, for the last part of his career. Only if he's good enough for us though. It was just a musing thought, not a serious suggestion. Don't get your knickers in a twist, I'm not suggesting we replace Diaby.

Â