The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

22 hours ago, MrBlack said:

The Rodri injury is a big loss for them too. Gundo loss covered by Rodri but with both of them and De Bruyne out,  they're a significantly weaker outfit.

Still insanely strong as evidence by them sitting third in the league, but far from invincible. 

Rodri's not injured, he was just suspended. He's served his ban now, so the party's over for the rest of the PL.

On Grealish, the narrative that he got us promoted and then kept us up on his own is quite disrespectful to the rest of the team and coaching staff. We failed to get promoted and also got relegated with Grealish in the team so if he was this miracle worker that his dad claims him to be, neither would have happened.

Not only that, if you really wanted to boil down both achievements to one player, as reductive as that is, he's not even the one. It'd be Mings for promotion and Douglas Luiz for staying up.

• Like 2

I wasn't going to talk about him again, but I guess it's been a few years, and his family seem intent and driving an even bigger wedge between him & the Villa fans, so here I am. The important thing for me is has he improved as a player and for me all that excitement that Jack used to have when he got hold of the ball has gone, it's been coached out of him by Pep, to the point that he is just another wide player. I'm sure he does the job Pep wants him to do for his team, but that raw excitement you got when he used to get the ball has completely gone. And it's gone to such an extent that I wouldn't have him back at the club because I don't think he would add much. So for me he can stay at City.

• Like 4

On 10/10/2023 at 16:23, The_Steve said:

Jack's dad also omits how Jack was 24 hours away from joining United the summer before he joined City. 

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/Q7bzxW/jack-grealish-pappa-om-haaland-kompisens-store-sorg-opplevd-ting-som-er-utenkelige

Closer than that. 

And Spurs “strings” were pulled by promises made that Jack would sign and that Villa needed money desperately. Thus a low-ball offer.

So much missed out - the man is a word removed. And Jack, whilst he “supports” Villa, we have former players NOT from the academy who love the club more than he does.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Keyblade said:

On Grealish, the narrative that he got us promoted and then kept us up on his own is quite disrespectful to the rest of the team and coaching staff. We failed to get promoted and also got relegated with Grealish in the team so if he was this miracle worker that his dad claims him to be, neither would have happened.

He did get us up (or at least got us into the playoffs).

He didn't keep us up.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

He did get us up (or at least got us into the playoffs).

He didn't keep us up.

He was in great form. He was in even better form the season before and we didn't get promoted so it couldn't have been down to him.

51 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He was in great form. He was in even better form the season before and we didn't get promoted so it couldn't have been down to him.

I think the upturn in results after his return from injury speaks for itself.  

He was great the season before playing in central midfield a lot of the time.  We did actually finish higher in the league that year.

35 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think the upturn in results after his return from injury speaks for itself.  

He was great the season before playing in central midfield a lot of the time.  We did actually finish higher in the league that year.

I think it had just as much to do with the settling of the defence, most notably with Tuanzebe's return. We had no issues scoring in our "bad" run before that. Actually I think on average we scored more in those 13 games than the 13 games since Grealish came back. Of course he was super influential as usual, but I don't think we get promoted that season if we didn't sign Mings in January. Grealish could have been superman and it just wouldn't happen.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

sad but true.

Aren't most of those clips in the Championship?

This obsession with Grealish losing a part of his game is strange, City win every week and every trophy because it's meticulous. There is absolutely zero room for mavericks or individual expression and thought.

Don't get me wrong. It is absolutely shit and duller than anything Pulis serves up...but it is winning football and football is about winning.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

It's awful.

He was the most exciting player since Gascoigne. Now its irritating that he's so one dimensional.

Seems like the perfect storm of Southgate controlling his individuality to bribe him into getting his first few England appearances...and then Pep finally bullying it out of him completely at Man City. Shame.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, May-Z said:

Seems like the perfect storm of Southgate controlling his individuality to bribe him into getting his first few England appearances...and then Pep finally bullying it out of him completely at Man City. Shame.

It seems like Smith was the only manager that really knew what to do with him

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder which Jack Grealish would fit better into Unai’s Villa, our old Jack or the new Jack 

I think Unai would prefer the old Jack as can see with playing Zaniolo and Bailey that he likes an unpredictable attacking player though wouldnt give him free reign like Smith did

Old jack in zaniolos place and i think we would be a superb team

Gotta remember he was loved here.  At citys its not the same kind of love and affiliation he had with us. At citeh he just another player. Here is was one of us

Â