The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Bit of an odd take really, it's entirely possible that his dad remains a big Villa fan, but a bigger fan of his son.

It seems weird to us who aren't involved in the professional game, but I'm sure Grealish snr. is incredibly proud of his son and all that he has achieved.

Jack may have come across as a pillock at times, but it's clear he comes from a good family so a bit odd to bring them into it.

I think someone is just observing the cognitive dissonance, that's all. I mean, it was kind of hard to swallow the change. I didn't take it as anything more ...

(And that's a bump, mate.)

Edited by Marka Ragnos

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think someone is just observing the cognitive dissonance, that's all. I mean, it was kind of hard to swallow the change. I didn't take it as anything more ...

(And that's a bump, mate.)

No I get that, but in response to the original point - ten years ago I imagine that Jack's dad envisioned his son having a successful career in professional football. He's achieved that and then some.

People really need to let it go, a lot of posts here are reminiscent of a jilted ex oversharing on Facebook

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

a jilted ex oversharing on Facebook

I hear you. It's hard to let go. On a side note, it is my singular goal on Villatalk life to overshare. I love that word. I love oversharers, as long as they let me overshare, too. If you would ever life to hear about my feelings about my long-lost pet hamster, Binky, I stand prepared to unload, just so you know.

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I hear you. It's hard to let go. On a side note, it is my singular goal on Villatalk life to overshare. I love that word. I love oversharers, as long as they let me overshare, too. If you would ever life to hear about my feelings about my long-lost pet hamster, Binky, I stand prepared to unload, just so you know.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He was crying at FT apparently but cant find any video of it

I was crying over that first goal. Old Trafford bizarre refereeing is well and truly back.  As for Jack, seems to be a good impact sub.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it would be far weirder for his dad to refuse to wear the shirt of the team his son plays for because of his allegiance to Villa. 

He's a grown up ffs

My lad played for Walsall but I never wore their shirt😀

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Imagine a world where a great footballer really does make a firm commitment to the club and community and risks sacrificing millions to do so in a sentimental belief in the team’s future. It does happen, right?

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Imagine a world where a great footballer really does make a firm commitment to the club and community and risks sacrificing millions to do so in a sentimental belief in the team’s future. It does happen, right?

Assuming he moved for money....

• Like 1

Can I just say that this thread has become much more interesting over the last two pages. 

Who thought when it started 3814 pages ago that we'd be talking about f***ing hamsters.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Can I just say that this thread has become much more interesting over the last two pages. 

Who thought when it started 3814 pages ago that we'd be talking about f***ing hamsters.

Who f***ed a hamster? 

I bet it was Gresford. 

Â