The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

One rule change should be that ticket revenue is only included if the person attends the game.

We know this is a way clubs like City boost the income by having a surprisingly high number of people buy tickets but don’t turn up. It could be that those people live 4,000 miles from the ground.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Jack doing his reputation no favours there. People will forget that he used to be an exciting footballer soon. 

It's a foul and a booking in fairness, I think the Spurs fans are saying dive and Jack makes sure, but if you stick your leg out you're going to get trouble.

15 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

It's ridiculous and he rightly should get pilloried.

But how many times, how many times have you watched Match of The Day and heard them say stuff like if defender puts his leg out like that you're entitled to go over it? 

Suggests every professional footballer sees this as part of the game until they're on the receiving end. 

19 hours ago, Genie said:

One rule change should be that ticket revenue is only included if the person attends the game.

We know this is a way clubs like City boost the income by having a surprisingly high number of people buy tickets but don’t turn up. It could be that those people live 4,000 miles from the ground.

So if the person buys the ticket, but doesn't go to the game, who gets the person's money?

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

So if the person buys the ticket, but doesn't go to the game, who gets the person's money?

The money is spent but the club should not be allowed to include it in the FFP calculation. It would basically make the practice of buying up empty seats to inflate income pointless.

With the way people enter stadiums now with QR codes it will be easy to remove the income from seats which never got sat in from the balance. 

City want to extend the stadium again even though they often to fill the current one in Champions League games. 

It’s just a small thing but will reduce some of the book-cooking.

Edited by Genie

How did he milk it?

This is part of the problem with watching a ridiculous slo-mo video.  In the game, he was running full pelt with the ball, someone tried to foul him (and he skipped past) then Romero deliberately tripped him.

It's a foul and a yellow card 100% of the time.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

How did he milk it?

This is part of the problem with watching a ridiculous slo-mo video.  In the game, he was running full pelt with the ball, someone tried to foul him (and he skipped past) then Romero deliberately tripped him.

Nobody saying it isn’t a foul. Do you think that superman thing was natural? :lol: 

It was to catch the referee’s eye and ensure a card is given. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Nobody saying it isn’t a foul. Do you think that superman thing was natural? :lol: 

Superman thing?  He's fouled.

He doesn't roll around afterwards or make it look worse.  He gets straight up and remonstrates... because he got fouled.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Exactly. Jack gets up and starts jumping and flailing his arms in the air towards the ref like someone had spilt his drink at a club. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Superman thing?  He's fouled.

He doesn't roll around afterwards or make it look worse.  He gets straight up and remonstrates... because he got fouled.

There is contact between shins and then Grealish bounces into the air hilariously, then follows it up with full scale “I could have been killed” type flapping. Completely unnatural and fake (to try and the the player booked). 

If you think that’s a natural reaction to the contact then I don’t know what to say. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

There is contact between shins and then Grealish bounces into the air hilariously, then follows it up with full scale “I could have been killed” type flapping. Completely unnatural and fake (to try and the the player booked). 

If you think that’s a natural reaction to the contact then I don’t know what to say. 

As I said before, it's the problem with watching something in slow motion.  You need to watch the actual game and what was actually happening.  Grealish is running through toward goal - he's going for that, not trying to get someone booked.

He probably straightens his legs to brace for contact, I don't particularly know or care.  But it's a foul and a yellow card 100% of the time.  No-one is surprised by it, Romero doesn't fight against it.  He knew he had fouled him, he knew he had to get sent off.

39 minutes ago, bobzy said:

How did he milk it?

The more I look at it the worse it looks. You can see a fraction before there is contact rather than lift his right leg up out of the way he straightens it down to collide with Romero and then does a ridiculous salmon leap followed by “I could have been killed” type reaction to his own creation. He could have easily side stepped than leg but instead got a fellow pro sent off. He’s a prick.

HEJk2UJ.gif

Grealish stamped on Romero’s ankle with his left foot, and kicked his knee with his right shin. Grealish could have been booked for that :lol: 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Â