The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I hate that I still love him, as a player, as a person.

FFS

Me too. It's annoying. It's like watching your missus getting railed by the rubbish man and then making her a cup of tea afterwards.

It isn't, but you get my cadburys drifter.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Impaact sub.

The best role for him.

Dunno, in the group where you'd expect England to have a lot of easy possession and the spring traps sterling and saka are definitely the best option but vs a better team foden and grealish are still better on the ball

What a problem to have

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Dunno, in the group where you'd expect England to have a lot of easy possession and the spring traps sterling and saka are definitely the best option but vs a better team foden and grealish are still better on the ball

What a problem to have

Personally I think saka is a must start on the right. He's so.much a better player than he was a couple of years ago . Foden for mount maybe.

Edited by PaulC

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

What a problem to have

For me, our best lineup would be Grealish LW, Saka RW, and Foden instead of the useless Mount.

• Like 1

On 21/11/2022 at 19:37, Tom13 said:

@zab6359 I'm not sure why you've randomly laugh reacted to a post that you'd already replied to ages ago, but do you genuinely not think Jack is a top player? I don't see how anyone can think otherwise.

A top player produces 8/10 in the majority of games and is a guaranteed starter (also for the majority of games, I know Pep rotates even the best players) he does neither. Phil Foden and KDB are top players.

I think Jack is a very good player and probably looked better than he really is when he carried a very average Aston Villa, there is no way on earth he is a 100 mil player we absolutely had Man City's pants down there no two ways about it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

there is no way on earth he is a 100 mil player we absolutely had Man City's pants down there no two ways about it.

He is because that was his value to Aston villa, which seeing as we've taken steps backward since we sold him, sacked 2 managers and bought £100m worth of players who are struggling to meet their cost to us you can argue that he was actually worth a whole lot more than £100m to us...

Transfer fees are no longer based on a players ability to kick a football

I'm sure man City are doing very well out of the social media traffic on his world cup celebration, its metrics like that none of us will fully understand or appreciate, it's not how many 8/10 Saturday afternoons he has

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He is because that was his value to Aston villa, which seeing as we've taken steps backward since we sold him, sacked 2 managers and bought £100m worth of players who are struggling to meet their cost to us you can argue that he was actually worth a whole lot more than £100m to us...

Transfer fees are no longer based on a players ability to kick a football

I'm sure man City are doing very well out of the social media traffic on his world cup celebration, its metrics like that none of us will fully understand or appreciate, it's not how many 8/10 Saturday afternoons he has

You are right, look we signed Countino and look at what a master stroke that was!  (slightly disagree though as Jack is a bit of a commercial disaster waiting to happen at times) 

Oh absolutely he was worth it for Aston Villa I wish Man City had paid 200 mil I think he was worth it :)

Jack wanted a release clause and we thought £100m was fair and nobody was really going to spend that. 

Jack was 48 hours away from signing for Man United the previous year. 

We got a great return on the cost relative to losing him for cheaper to United. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Jack wanted a release clause and we thought £100m was fair and nobody was really going to spend that. 

I imagine we tried to firstly have no clause, and secondly when Grealish's team wanted a clause, I'm sure we tried to make that clause huge.

100m would have been the compromise

Â