The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Jack is a very talented footballer who is I think just a bit too thick and a bit too old now to be playing for a master tactician like Pep who micromanages every aspect of the game and gives all his players detailed instructions.

He’s definitely good enough to play for a top side, but unless he really turns things around in the next few months, I can’t see it being City.

The thing that’s really noticeable about him at City is that he is half a beat off the pace when they press, and doesn’t make the quick moves into space that the other attackers make. So because of that, he gets a lot less of the ball than he wants, and he just ends up looking a bit lost.

When he does get the ball, he’s fine.

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Jack is a very talented footballer who is I think just a bit too thick and a bit too old now to be playing for a master tactician like Pep who micromanages every aspect of the game and gives all his players detailed instructions.

He’s definitely good enough to play for a top side, but unless he really turns things around in the next few months, I can’t see it being City.

The thing that’s really noticeable about him at City is that he is half a beat off the pace when they press, and doesn’t make the quick moves into space that the other attackers make. So because of that, he gets a lot less of the ball than he wants, and he just ends up looking a bit lost.

I mean his pressing was so effective for us - it's hard to know what's gone wrong.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, KentVillan said:

It's mean to say but if he was slightly more intelligent he would adapt a lot quicker and take Pep's instructions on board.

Smith telling him to forget about a system and just play like he was in a ball park was the best thing for him. He is like a child in a grown man's body.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Pinebro said:

It's mean to say but if he was slightly more intelligent he would adapt a lot quicker and take Pep's instructions on board.

Smith telling him to forget about a system and just play like he was in a ball park was the best thing for him. He is like a child in a grown man's body.

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can’t imagine Pep is thrilled with him taking a spot in the squad and a big slice of the wage budget. 

Will he stay the full 5 years or will they look to move him on?

Wasnt it a 6 year deal :D 

Nobody will be able to afford him so City will be eating a lot of wages even to get him out on loan

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Good point.

If he'd gone to Utd under OGS he would have dragged them up the league like he did to us. It would have been a much better move for him, profile wise.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Good point.

If he'd gone to Utd under OGS he would have dragged them up the league like he did to us. It would have been a much better move for him, profile wise.

simply from a footballing and a squad rotation standpoint any one of the other sky 6 and he'd have been better off, even liverpool (although his lack of goals would probably be a thing there too)

but he'll get his medals and his money and his seat on the plane to qatar

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Good point.

Yeah agreed.

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Surely this version of Grealish is going to be heading to the World Cup very low on confidence and out of form…

But he plays for Man City now so he will start every game no doubt.

He really should not be in the squad but its the Southgate way

I know there's a lot of mixed feelings Jack but I loved watching him play for us. In the Championship and that 1/2 season he had in PL including the 7-2 proved what we all knew about him.

The move to City has castrated him as a player. It also just terrible timing that he's playing under the most boring, pathetic England manager in my lifetime (imagine him under Venables FFS) 

Purely on a selfish level of wanting to watch an exciting world class England player, what a waste. You could argue that Kane is world class but is he really that exciting? Especially when he plays CDM for England. Son is more dynamic in that Spuds team. But who else for England is really that fun to watch?

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

He’s probably be going to the world cup over Maddison absolute madness.

Deserved too as Maddison hasnt followed the guru Southgates advice to be a squad player at a Sky 6 team and bizarrely plays every week

Â