The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 05/11/2022 at 22:05, Tommo_b said:

Surely this version of Grealish is going to be heading to the World Cup very low on confidence and out of form…

But he plays for Man City now so he will start every game no doubt.

Madness isn’t it. Top form for us and Southgate refuses to play him, but hardly playing for Man City AND in awful form and he will likely get plenty of pitch time.

Mental.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Madness isn’t it. Top form for us and Southgate refuses to play him, but hardly playing for Man City AND in awful form and he will likely get plenty of pitch time.

Mental.

It's Laughable but no one will call him out for it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It's Laughable but no one will call him out for it.

Nope. It’s even funny how he defends where the World Cup is being held, and yet has made (almost) opposing views about human rights in the past. He’s a company man towing the company line.  

19 hours ago, The_Steve said:

When Jack’s time at City ends, at least he can be fondly remembered for this 

To be fair to Jack, we all know he's taking this situation on the chin and laughing at himself. It won't be long before he mentions it in some way.

On 06/11/2022 at 02:02, TheAuthority said:

I know there's a lot of mixed feelings Jack but I loved watching him play for us. In the Championship and that 1/2 season he had in PL including the 7-2 proved what we all knew about him.

The move to City has castrated him as a player. It also just terrible timing that he's playing under the most boring, pathetic England manager in my lifetime (imagine him under Venables FFS) 

Purely on a selfish level of wanting to watch an exciting world class England player, what a waste. You could argue that Kane is world class but is he really that exciting? Especially when he plays CDM for England. Son is more dynamic in that Spuds team. But who else for England is really that fun to watch?

Kane certainly isn't exciting, add the fact that he almost never smiles and always looks exhausted, I find it draining watching him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Tbf he should still be in the squad, and probably starting LW. England's best player still IMO.

yep, easy to say he shouldnt be in the squad but who is starting ahead of him? saka and foden for me, thats it, mount has shown he cant play out wide for england, maddison plays central

bowen, sancho, sterling, barnes are all also struggling for form, ESR doesnt play and watkins form is non existent 

we go in to this world cup bigging up our world class attack on paper that in reality is struggling 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yep, easy to say he shouldnt be in the squad but who is starting ahead of him? saka and foden for me, thats it, mount has shown he cant play out wide for england, maddison plays central

bowen, sancho, sterling, barnes are all also struggling for form, ESR doesnt play and watkins form is non existent 

we go in to this world cup bigging up our world class attack on paper that in reality is struggling 

Will never happen, but I'd like to see a front six of:

Bellingham-Rice-Foden

Saka-Kane-Grealish

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Bellingham-Rice-Foden

Saka-Kane-Grealish

i wouldnt start grealish, i think england's biggest problem in attack is the leash that Southgate keeps them all on paired with kane's wandering off anywhere apart from up front, if kane drops then you have to have a runner than will push on past him so i'd put mount in the middle because i think he can do that frank lampard role, it should be sterling in the son role and i think he would be very good at it but he bizarrely wants to play behind the front man too, england's best 2 goalscorers want to play 40 yards from goal linking play up and creating for others...its **** stupid and grealish isnt enough of a goal threat to work with it IMO

bellingham - rice - mount

saka - kane - foden 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

i wouldnt start grealish, i think england's biggest problem in attack is the leash that Southgate keeps them all on paired with kane's wandering off anywhere apart from up front, if kane drops then you have to have a runner than will push on past him so i'd put mount in the middle because i think he can do that frank lampard role, it should be sterling in the son role and i think he would be very good at it but he bizarrely wants to play behind the front man too, england's best 2 goalscorers want to play 40 yards from goal linking play up and creating for others...its **** stupid and grealish isnt enough of a goal threat to work with it IMO

bellingham - rice - mount

saka - kane - foden 

I just remember the Euros, Grealish was our brightest spark, of course criminally underused by the clown in charge.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Bellingham-Rice-Foden

Saka-Kane-Grealish

I'd like to see that too. At least all the best players would be on the pitch.

Kane as the deep lying CDM I presume :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â