The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

20 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

To much of Gabby’s influence early on in his career 

Bit harsh on gabby, Jack seems perfectly capable of enjoying a beer and a night out without anyone's influence 

Plus then you look at his "mates" taking various pics of him and leaking them even now 

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bit harsh on gabby, Jack seems perfectly capable of enjoying a beer and a night out without anyone's influence 

Plus then you look at his "mates" taking various pics of him and leaking them even now 

He just doesn’t seem like his own man, the type that’s easily led, he had his share of embarrassment here but now things are being leaked weekly now that he’s in Manchester 

22 hours ago, villa89 said:

To be honest I dont know how mature I'd be if I had 350K a week coming into my bank account and sexy young women were begging for me to DHUTWU. Easy to lose focus. 

21 hours ago, a-k said:

U WOT M8 | Know Your Meme

A bit of "back door action" if you know what I mean? Wink wink, nudge nudge.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

It might just be because hes not at Villa but it feels like hes disappeared. I thought he would be even more prominent at man city but is seems to have gone the other way.

He's been left out of recent fixtures.

I think the style of play which City has, which consists of intricate passing sequences, if and when the opposition has so many men protecting the final third and the box, is such a contrast to what Grealish was largely used to where he had the freedom to pick the ball up fairly deep and then waltz solo into our attacking half and even beyond at his will.

They've got him as a left sided forward again but he's often, from what I've seen, almost suffocated playing in confined spaces and penned into pigeon-holes that really don't allow for the best in him to come out, at least not the best of him that was developed and established for us.

He'll have to adjust and adapt but you have to wonder if, like Coutinho at Barca, it is ultimately considered a flop move because the club who have brought in the talent don't use them in a role that allows for the play that earned them the move in the first place!!

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Nobody really loves or hates them or their players because none of those players are going to really make a difference to their fortunes at this stage. None of their players are really heroes that capture supporter hearts because you capturing hearts is all about stirring up hope.

I think this is a good point. I found Aguero and Silva quite likeable as players, because they had really dragged them first to that title and then to being the best side in the country, and they did entertain quite a lot on the way.

I find it hard to care about any of their current players. Mostly just a bunch of brushed-steel terminators.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

They're a soulless club at this point. They're going to win the title because they've paid by far the most for their squad. They don't have deep support, they have broad support. Nobody really loves or hates them or their players because none of those players are going to really make a difference to their fortunes at this stage. None of their players are really heroes that capture supporter hearts because you capturing hearts is all about stirring up hope. Coutinho and Digne have absolutely set the Villa fanbase ablaze because of what their signings mean for our club. There is nobody in the world that Man City could sign that would be that important for them. Pep coaches them to be easily rotatable robots. There are no talismans or characters on the field. 

The likes of Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool, while in dominant positions over the last 2 decades, had a huge amount of history and character that made them interesting. Not Man City.

By being so rich and so soulless they've effectively transcended what makes football fun and interesting. So a story about Jack Grealish isn't worth writing because nobody cares. Nobody is discussing Jack on social media because nobody cares. 

They are a soulless club now, but their history pre PL isn't too shabby. They were a proper club with a team full of household names and they bounced around the divisions just like Chelsea and Manure did for a while. 

That history is what makes what they've become even more sad. More soulless than Chelski and that's saying something. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turvontour said:

It might just be because hes not at Villa but it feels like hes disappeared. I thought he would be even more prominent at man city but is seems to have gone the other way.

In terms off on the pitch yes, but is now a staple of the gossip pages and generally I am sure his social media team believe he is a bigger star now.  He will win a load of trophies and earn a ton of money at City. I am sure  he is very happy with his move.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

In terms off on the pitch yes, but is now a staple of the gossip pages and generally I am sure his social media team believe he is a bigger star now.  He will win a load of trophies and earn a ton of money at City. I am sure  he is very happy with his move.

Yes but he and some people on here believed that as he played with better playera he was going to be heading for Ballon D'Or nominations and would be with Messi and Mbappe as the face of this years World Cup 

Truth is his team really didn't realise how exposed he would be off the pitch. Whether the media don't care about what happens in Birmingham or the club did an incredible job of covering up his antics it was something they really took for granted

• Like 1

Why did S***** think that suddenly Greal-hiss would start to behave himself, he seems to have gotten worse!

Or did they just not know what he was like and his various persuasions; presumably this is his weakness. You can almost see it from afar the fella looks drained of his Qi.

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes but he and some people on here believed that as he played with better playera he was going to be heading for Ballon D'Or nominations and would be with Messi and Mbappe as the face of this years World Cup 

Truth is his team really didn't realise how exposed he would be off the pitch. Whether the media don't care about what happens in Birmingham or the club did an incredible job of covering up his antics it was something they really took for granted

or just dont read the gossip pages of the rags ;)

i still think he will be the face of the world cup for england but i dont see the pepsi deal coming any time soon, he's still way off sterling and kane outside of the UK

i'll be honest and say i knew city would be tough but i thought he'd have done more, the system and style that pep has him playing has really neutered him - but i think southgate will let him off the leash and let him run at people

8 hours ago, A'Villan said:

He'll have to adjust and adapt but you have to wonder if, like Coutinho at Barca, it is ultimately considered a flop move because the club who have brought in the talent don't use them in a role that allows for the play that earned them the move in the first place!!

like coutinho at barca a player that ultimately they didnt need....

barca are slightly different though in that they're a mess and they're a bit more man utd with signings that are blatantly peacocking rather than for footballing reasons (coutinho and griezmann both very guilty of that) whereas i wouldnt aim that criticism at city, he's not a muscle flexing look at us signing to try and impress the part time global football audience, i dont think city do that

i think they have a plan for him its just a weird looking signing because the nurturing of him to fit that plan seems to involve taking away what made the £100m player in the first place 

2 hours ago, turnbull said:

They are a soulless club now, but their history pre PL isn't too shabby. They were a proper club with a team full of household names and they bounced around the divisions just like Chelsea and Manure did for a while. 

That history is what makes what they've become even more sad. More soulless than Chelski and that's saying something. 

That’s a very relevant and often forgotten point. I had a lot of time for City fans at the time they were relegated and dropped down to the old first division, they had a loyal fan base who followed their team week in week out regardless of which division they were in. Away games at Maine Rd were interesting to say the least especially after the game but they were a proper football club.

Nowadays they’re as soulless as a club can be, a tourist day out with half and half scarves everywhere - a light blue version of ManUre.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

That’s a very relevant and often forgotten point. I had a lot of time for City fans at the time they were relegated and dropped down to the old first division, they had a loyal fan base who followed their team week in week out regardless of which division they were in. Away games at Maine Rd were interesting to say the least especially after the game but they were a proper football club.

Nowadays they’re as soulless as a club can be, a tourist day out with half and half scarves everywhere - a light blue version of ManUre.

loads of alleys and backstreets, terrible on a night game and could get lost easily 

4 hours ago, turnbull said:

It is interesting because despite Chelsea having gone through the same period of becoming mega rich and buying titles, they never felt soulless like this. I think at this point it's Pep's influence. His style of rotating footballing robots who are individually meaningless makes them boring. Chelsea had some incredible teams but in those teams they had big characters like Drogba, Lampard and Terry. 

@HanoiVillan made a great point that Aguero and Silva were a bit different because they dragged them to their first title before they had established themselves as the big dogs in the league. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It is interesting because despite Chelsea having gone through the same period of becoming mega rich and buying titles, they never felt soulless like this. I think at this point it's Pep's influence. His style of rotating footballing robots who are individually meaningless makes them boring. Chelsea had some incredible teams but in those teams they had big characters like Drogba, Lampard and Terry. 

@HanoiVillan made a great point that Aguero and Silva were a bit different because they dragged them to their first title before they had established themselves as the big dogs in the league. 

City were actually likeable under the last 2 managers and showed personality. Now they just play boring risk free negative football

• Like 2

Â