The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

People never talk about his family. His little sister has cerebral paulsy and his brother who sadly passed away - well his grave is in Brum. His family go to VP to watch him. What will happen? Will they be able to go to the Emptihad? Will they all move to Manchester away from family, friends, doctors?

I would imagine it would mean huge changes for the Grealish family. Maybe they are fine with it but I’m sure it’s part of the consideration for Jack as he is very close to them.

It’s Manchester, not Australia. It’s what, an hour and half away? He could still live in Birmingham if he wanted.

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

People never talk about his family. His little sister has cerebral paulsy and his brother who sadly passed away - well his grave is in Brum. His family go to VP to watch him. What will happen? Will they be able to go to the Emptihad? Will they all move to Manchester away from family, friends, doctors?

I would imagine it would mean huge changes for the Grealish family. Maybe they are fine with it but I’m sure it’s part of the consideration for Jack as he is very close to them.

It’s not going to happen but if Jack left, imagine his dad. “Jack, I support you in whatever you do and as a father if you feel City is the right move then go for it but as a Villa fan you are dead to me, banned from this house, any contact with this family and I spit at your feet.” 😂

• Like 1

Just now, beachboys1 said:

you don't think he'll go

Obviously there is always a chance but I’m probably at about 95% that he’s staying.  

The 5% is split between a release clause possibility or Man City bid eventually something stupid like 160m then the owners might think but not 100m or close to that.  I don’t think City will bid anywhere near that and I don’t think there is a release clause or if there is, Man City won’t pay it so it would be more like 125m or something high.

I wouldn’t sell whatever but I aside from that I don’t think the owners would sell and I don’t think Jack will force a move.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Obviously there is always a chance but I’m probably at about 95% that he’s staying.  

The 5% is split between a release clause possibility or Man City bid eventually something stupid like 160m then the owners might think but not 100m or close to that.  I don’t think City will bid anywhere near that and I don’t think there is a release clause or if there is, Man City won’t pay it so it would be more like 125m or something high.

I wouldn’t sell whatever but I aside from that I don’t think the owners would sell and I don’t think Jack will force a move.

Now there’s some positivity! Nice one UTV !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fair play, Nick. I can’t say I agree but great positivity! 

• Thanks 1

I’m assuming that Buendia was sold the vision from Aston Villa’s owners? That’s why he would have chosen us… would that vision have included holding onto our best player? Would any potential target be given reassurances by the owners?

Edited by ben1505
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, thunderball said:

….unless it’s all done and it’s under an embargo so Villa can sign a few before we get “Grealish money” taxed by who ever we are buying from?

Starting to look like this might have been the case you know.

I thought it was absolute bollox when similar reported, but dots seem to be connecting.

Also the persistence with ESR.

Agreement might have been that none of this becomes official until we have adequately replaced and managed the situation to our pleasing and long term advantage.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I respect your view, I just don’t get it based on the facts we know.  Only a low release clause would I then be on the him leaving side and that doesn’t seem the case as it wouldn’t have been a bid from City it would’ve been an activating the clause offer.

I’m with you on this , if there was a release clause which we class as low 100m ish even with COVID money issues there would definitely be more than just shiteh trying to activate it , with the long contract and spread payments nowadays lots would/ could be sniffing around 

• Like 1

To be fair, it's a stupid time for Jack to move. 

If he continues on the same trajectory, he can make this move if the Villa project fails in 12/24 months. He can get his £100m move to City at 27years of age, nothing will stop him.

If he gets worse and fails to start at City, or Villa get CL football, he would have been wiser to stay.

So if I was Jack I'd demand 200k a week and stay at Villa at least until 2023.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â