The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Mic09 said:

To be fair, it's a stupid time for Jack to move. 

If he continues on the same trajectory, he can make this move if the Villa project fails in 12/24 months. He can get his £100m move to City at 27years of age, nothing will stop him.

If he gets worse and fails to start at City, or Villa get CL football, he would have been wiser to stay.

So if I was Jack I'd demand 200k a week and stay at Villa at least until 2023.

Imagine if we get Europa League or CL without him and then $hitty get banned from all European competition for their blatant cheating over the years. He'd regret it forever. I maintain its a stupid decision if he does leave.

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

If he continues on the same trajectory, he can make this move if the Villa project fails in 12/24 months. He can get his £100m move to City at 27years of age, nothing will stop him.

If he gets worse and fails to start at City, or Villa get CL football, he would have been wiser to stay.

Yup. Don't see what the rush is, especially since he bought into the whole thing last year.

Taking the Villa goggles off it wouldn't be a stupid time for him to move.

Entering him prime now, and if he want to fight for trophies and play CL football this is the best time for it.

In 2-3 years time he will be entering his late 20's and the likes of City will probably be looking at younger targets and not overspend on an older player.

It's now or never for Grealish whatever he choose. If he signs a new contract he is very likely to stay at Villa for the rest of his career.

• Like 1

West Ham were what, 6 points away? Leicester almost did it. Why can't we? 

They were only 2 points away. Leicester 1. We were only 12 points away despite our poor second half.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Taking the Villa goggles off it wouldn't be a stupid time for him to move.

Entering him prime now, and if he want to fight for trophies and play CL football this is the best time for it.

In 2-3 years time he will be entering his late 20's and the likes of City will probably be looking at younger targets and not overspend on an older player.

It's now or never for Grealish whatever he choose. If he signs a new contract he is very likely to stay at Villa for the rest of his career.

We are talking about the same City who reportedly just bid £100m for 28 year old Kane? 

Jack is a top athlete, he will keep his fitness until 33/34. 

30 is the new 26 in football these days. Personally I think Jack will only get better in the next 2 years. If he does not, if he gets worse, then being benched at City when the next big star comes does not sound fun.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They were only 2 points away. Leicester 1. We were only 12 points away despite our poor second half.

And without Grealish for 13 games. How many more points would we have had if he had played 38?

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

West Ham were what, 6 points away? Leicester almost did it. Why can't we? 

Cause he said so that’s why … that’s how opinions work on VT they are to be taken as fact and not to questioned … 

though he has a valid point in some respects …

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

And without Grealish for 13 games. How many more points would we have had if he had played 38?

Exactly.  He came back for the full ninety of the last two and we beat Spurs and Chelsea.

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

We are talking about the same City who reportedly just bid £100m for 28 year old Kane? 

30 is the new 26 in football these days. Personally I think Jack will only get better in the next 2 years. If he does not, if he gets worse, then being benched at City when the next big star comes does not sound fun.

Apart from he is injury prone and is kicked pillar to post every game.

He has one injury free season in the last 4. Just sayin.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don't think City were ever in for Kane

• Confused 1

To all those saying he can join Citeh in a season or two. I think working under Pep is the draw and maybe he feels that he can take his game to another level entirely having coached Messi etc … wouldnt underestimate Jack wanting to play for Pep one bit. For all the love of Smith he is no pep when it comes to football insight and pedigree. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Apart from he is injury prone and is kicked pillar to post every game.

He has one injury free season in the last 4. Just sayin.

He's clearly got a stress issue with his shins. If he continues taking those "tackles" every week surely eventually his issue will turn to a full on fracture or break.

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

"Leicester almost did it" - says it all.

Leicester also won the League though.

We can spin these narratives however we want, depending on if we want to be optimists or pessimists.

Wolves got Europa in their first season.

Â