The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

There is quite a big part of me that thinks supporting villa or any team outside of the top 3/4 is a total waste of time. Unfortunately I’m physically unable to stop but we will never compete for anything. We are simply not allowed. 

Leicester did it - we can too 

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

There is quite a big part of me that thinks supporting villa or any team outside of the top 3/4 is a total waste of time. Unfortunately I’m physically unable to stop but we will never compete for anything. We are simply not allowed. 

The Americans have got it nailed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

There is quite a big part of me that thinks supporting villa or any of the top 3/4 is a total waste of time. Unfortunately I’m physically unable to stop but we will never compete for anything. We are simply not allowed. 

Get a grip! No matter what happens with Jack we're still Villa, a team packed with great players! Snap yourself out of it! 😆

12 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

There is actually no such thing as shin splints.

What Jack had was a tibial stress fracture.

This article states "Alcohol consumption is a known risk factor for traumatic injuries of all types and has been shown to produce detrimental effects on bone metabolism."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3139786/

While this study, admittedly on female army recruits, found that: "Compared with their non-stress-fracture counterparts, recruits who developed stress fractures were more likely to report current or past... alcoholic drinking of > 10 drinks/week..."

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s001980170155

Thanks for the reply 👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Obviously I know zero facts here, however a few people have said that they have heard that Jack would go if we got 100m. So it makes sense for that to have been put into Jack’s contract to not only ensure we get that amount but to also be the trigger point for contract talks to take place  between Jack and the other party.  
Ultimately it is still Jack’s choice though. 

Ah, the media have liked that figure for a little while, they used to like £80m. I wouldn't necessarily hold much truck with it personally. It sounds like a bid has been made, I don't think anyone knows whether there is a release clause, let alone whether it's been triggered. Reaction to the bid will be interesting. I think Jack will be influenced by where he is - if he's alone speaking to his agent, his sponsors and so on, he'll have his head turned - if we can get him back to Bodymoor for a few days, we stand a chance. 

Whichever way it goes, it looks like we'll know soon enough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, birdman said:

Get a grip! No matter what happens with Jack we're still Villa, a team packed with great players! Snap yourself out of it! 😆

Just that we can’t sign who we want because of FFP…but City can take our best player away for £100m+…

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Keep fighting. Keep dreaming. The elites want us to give up. I am glad I am a Villa fan - Win, Lose or Draw. I am here for my lifetime. 

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Letting them **** off to the Super League was the best chance we had.  We should've all got behind it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Ultimately, if Jack has expressed his desire to leave to the board, then we sell IMO, subject to getting the fee we want. 

If your girlfriend has already fantasised about sleeping with the richer bloke up the road in the bigger house and with a more flashy car, then you get rid and move on! :) 

Really?

Why not try and spice up your relationship by getting some really attractive women to come and play alongside your girlfriend to keep her with you instead?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Your heart is in the right place, but bollocks to this. He's never had the choice to leave because a club has never made an accepotable offer. Are we praisin hium fror not downing tools and refusing to play?

He signed a 5 year contract, if he's now saying he wants to leave, he's pissed over any concept of loyalty, and waved goodbye to having any kind of legacy at Villa.

He said all the right things, but as soon as he's had a real chance to leave, he's off. 

My post wasn’t the heat it was practical.

He has had many opportunities to leave. when we were stuck in the championship he could have moved to the premier league at any point, he stuck with us.

When Spurs bid just as xia left many wouldn’t have begrudged him a move away, it wouldn’t even have taken him to down tools. He dragged us to within a game of the PL single handed. Then the next year after three months out he dragged us on a ten game winning run back to where we belong.

his form since then has undoubtedly kept us in the league.

Yes he didn’t have to sign a five year deal, yes it got him more money, but if he didn’t he would have had a year left and left for peanuts. 

By not signing he would have forced the club to cash in. Instead he risked it all staking on himself that he was good enough for a top club to pay top dollar and get us a record transfer fee. More than paid for any other player in PL history ffs!

Jack owes us nothing. we are where we are because of him he rescued us from the abyss after Lerner and xia. Eden’s and Sawiris had barely any chance to make an impact before he graded us back to the PL single handed. He is and always will be one of us. I am sure we will go from strength to strength and I wouldn’t bet against jack winning a golden ball if he stays fit.

however feelings and sentiment aside, my original post made clear I believe Jack has a serious injury. One which I suffered with for many years. It is usually a chronic condition that only becomes worse at elite level as it struggles to cope with the loading required at that level. It genuinely would not surprise he to see Jack struggle more frequently from now on with that type of injury. At the euros he hasn’t looked anything like his explosive self. Yet city are willing to blow that kind of money. It’s a huge risk.

I also maintain that we are too reliant on Jack, when he plays others wait for him to do something rather than stepping up to the plate. When he is out we are devoid. We are now in a place we can build. I genuinely believe in many Watts both the club and Jack May be holding each other back in some small way. Both can go on to achieve greater things.

I also think we shouldn’t underestimate the commitment a 200k a week contract is for villa. Jack May be special but others coming in will expect parity. We may have rich owners but our turnover cannot sustain that. We have all seen rich playboys lose interest to the point the very future of our club was in the balance. We shouldn’t be going that road again. We are building with youth and sound recruitment and should increase as our profile and turnover do.

jack is special but not enough to risk the future of the club. Paying a contract like that will have all new signing and current players wanting more, much more. It’s dangerous and for the reasons pointed above, I feel this offer may be actually more of an opportunity than many realise

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

To be honest, pre-FFP, we had a golden opportunity to buy our way to the Champions League spots and possible title/cup glories under Lerner, and I think we would have done so if O'Neill hadn't been such an old stick in the mud when it came to transfers. The club only has itself to blame for letting him do that, no conspiracy needed there.

But I think there's a lot to be optimistic about with our current owners and the recruitment team we've got now. Just as long as we're not too patient about it.

Edited by His Name Is Death

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Leicester did it - we can too 

that was a fluke. a complete and total one. never again will you get a season where city, liverpool, chelsea and utd all spectacularly underperform. it was a 2 horse race between arsenal and spurs and leicester somehow won

i remember that season. the number of games where teams rolled over to that side. the current leicester team beats that one IMO.

we would've beaten them that season with a better manager than sherwood.

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Letting them **** off to the Super League was the best chance we had.  We should've all got behind it.

The bastards were still staying in the PL though, only with about £500m additional income per year on top of the Sky money.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I was excited when he first tweeted again but he’s a complete bum. Not got a clue. 

This whole statement thing came from JulieB. Nothing to see here. 

Â