The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

39 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Foden and DeBruyne had 36 starts all comps, and Mahrez had 37  starts in all comps. Pep likes to rotate his players.

Jack's stats Compared to Foden (who played 9 more games) are clearly superior, so it baffles me when people talk about Foden starting ahead of Jack. Jack is also clearly a more complete player. 

Wow, I knew he rotated but didnt realise that they're on the bench for so many games. I'd only seen something showing games they'd played which was 50 plus. Is that starts including international too? If so, those three only start 60-65% ish of the games Man City play?

I agree re. Foden.

There was one particular run Grealish made just after coming on that annoyed me, he was through and the pass was clear as day.  I forgot (maybe Phillips) who it were that could of passed it through to Grealish from our midfield but they just ignored him for a less favourable pass that went no where in the end. Grealish does get ignored a fair bit even if the switch from flank to flank is obvious as Jack's is way to open with plenty of space. Some of our England players go off like they're trying to send him the message of F off Jack (it's prob not the case) but at times it sure looks as though some are trying the old teach the new kid the (your unwanted here lesson).

It does feel at times there is something driving a wedge there and if there is something then why does it feel as though Southgates part of it.

Didn't it annoy you guys how everyone was doing there damndest to not mention Grealish name one bit even before the game started. Even the moment came he came on as sub that you felt like when Grealish had involvement that they were still trying to not give him any props or shout outs on commentary, like everyone was being silenced. Maybe it's just me but it's like theres this thing going off that is trying to silence any Grealish mania and that they don't want the bloke getting into the limelight at all for whatever reason that could be there does seem to be this GrealishPhobia knocking around lol.

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I noticed he's now got 2m instawhack followers.

It's only a couple of months ago he celebrated 1m followers so it's doubled in a couple of months.

I bet it doubles again to 4m if not more within the year.  He really is on a journey.

It's great. Some of those followers of Grealish will end up becoming Villa fans (assuming JG stays with us for the next few years).

Even Romeo Beckham posted a insta pic of Grealish with a mind-blown emoji.

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Anyone got a Telegraph subscription. They've run something today about Villa being hopeful he'll sign a new £150k pw contract. 

I have to pinch myself with Jack.   It's like a perfect storm. 

One of the best players in the world. 

Absolutely Villa mad, beyond mere fanhood.  Plenty of players not even as good as him have walked out on their clubs at the first opportunity, see Rooney - once a blue always a blue. 

The richest of rich owners who are determined to keep him and grow our ambitions with him. 

We've been truly blessed by circumstances, never in our modern history would be have kept him even this long before. 

(Use firefox with the Bypass Paywalls extension and you can read Telegraph articles and others.)

Edited by rubberman

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

There was one particular run Grealish made just after coming on that annoyed me, he was through and the pass was clear as day.  I forgot (maybe Phillips) who it were that could of passed it through to Grealish from our midfield but they just ignored him for a less favourable pass that went no where in the end. 

Has happened numerous times. I just hope that with more confidence and stature within the group Jack will be more vocal and damand the ball. Mainly though the instruction should be coming from Southgate. Lets hope they analyse such things and ask why they're not passing to the man who can do the damage. 

As good as Sterling was last night his decision making for passes was pretty poor I think. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It does feel at times there is something driving a wedge there and if there is something then why does it feel as though Southgates part of it.

Nonsense. It's just a by product of the system, where caution and control come first.

Don't overthink it, just go with it. It's quite enjoyable once you do. I have never felt more Italian. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

There was one particular run Grealish made just after coming on that annoyed me, he was through and the pass was clear as day.  I forgot (maybe Phillips) who it were that could of passed it through to Grealish from our midfield but they just ignored him for a less favourable pass that went no where in the end. Grealish does get ignored a fair bit even if the switch from flank to flank is obvious as Jack's is way to open with plenty of space. Some of our England players go off like they're trying to send him the message of F off Jack (it's prob not the case) but at times it sure looks as though some are trying the old teach the new kid the (your unwanted here lesson).

Didn't it annoy you guys how everyone was doing there damndest to not mention Grealish name one bit even before the game started. Even the moment came he came on as sub that you felt like when Grealish had involvement that they were still trying to not give him any props or shout outs on commentary, like everyone was being silenced. Maybe it's just me but it's like theres this thing going off that is trying to silence any Grealish mania and that they don't want the bloke getting into the limelight at all for whatever reason that could be there does seem to be this GrealishPhobia knocking around lol.

I don't think there's any anti-jack conspiracy. For me, it seems like we're all so used to seeing every player on the pitch's first priority being to find Jack every time they get in the ball, it's weird as hell to see him play in a team that doesn't do that.

I also don't see what the media would have to gain by actively silencing discussion about a player who could be the national team's biggest star in decades.

26 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Roll up roll up, this is your daily reminder that Jack Grealish is not for sale. 

Cheers fellas, have a great day and c'mon you Lions! x

Animated GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Villaphil said:

Do you think £150k pw is enough, I had assumed £180k - £200k if we were serious about keeping him.

At the end of the day it’s all about whether at the end of his career he wants to look at some Premier League medals and potentially a CL medal, or a statue of him outside the Holte End.

Let’s hope he has a chat with Alan Shearer who made that choice when leaving Blackburn.

I suppose the biggest difference was that Shearer had already got a Premier League medal in his back pocket…

I imagine it's 150k base. Then a whole lot of bonuses. Goals, assists, appearances etc. I imagine we have to structure it in a certain way to avoid regulations. 

29 minutes ago, birdman said:

I just hope that with more confidence and stature within the group Jack will be more vocal and damand the ball.

Happened with the first goal actually - he absolutely demanded it from Kane. Double arm gesture and screamed for it. Then that lovely little pass. Needs to keep doing it until they realise it’s the best option most times :)

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

Â