The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The marketing impact of keeping Grealish plus the Premier League merit payments which is worth around £3M per place easily justify doubling his wages. Obviously, sensible safeguards need to be in place in case we get relegated, he suffers a long-term injury or a giant meteor hits Birmingham.

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

The marketing impact of keeping Grealish plus the Premier League merit payments which is worth around £3M per place easily justify doubling his wages. Obviously, sensible safeguards need to be in place in case we get relegated, he suffers a long-term injury or a giant meteor hits Birmingham.

It's a good job that bits on VillaTalk and not social media like twitter, Facebook, Instagram so on, they would be wishing it to happen lol. There was an american politician I remember way back now possible last year or year before who said something in reference to Birmingham, it wasnt very nice lol.

Onto Grealish...

Grealish should be given an higher contract, it shows to everyone else at Villa that hard work on the field and off it pays off( minus the misdemeanor's 😉),of course. The rest of the players will look highly at Grealish and not just because of the new money he will be getting,  but the new contract is recognition of how hard he has worked to get to where he is. The whole squad will look to work as hard as he as and it will lift them into thinking I want some of that as well.

We do have a squad now that is capable of winning games, yet at times we have looked abit sloppy but it happens, the bounce back is important and seems rather fast now in pulling a win off. We do need to strengthen the squad and summer should be an exciting time. Grealish will expect even more for Lange and co to pull rabbits out the hat not just to strengthen the squad but to keep Grealish motivated even more and keep him rising to the top.

Grealish has been on fire all season apart from a couple of games like Leeds and WestHam, hopefully next game against Leeds Grealish can piss them off and we get some retribution.

• Like 1

Here's the audio. Obviously Messi can shoot better and has done it for years and years but their dribbling ability is similar and Grealish is faster so I think there's a valid comparison

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Ohhh rival fans won't like this.

That's Iniesta and Messi this season.

The sort of comparison he should be getting, not bloody Maddison and Mount.

People on Twitter are implying that he thinks Jack is better than Messi.

I should know better than to engage with these people, really.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Grealish right now vs Messi right now - i'd rather have Grealish 😀

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

Here's the audio. Obviously Messi can shoot better and has done it for years and years but their dribbling ability is similar and Grealish is faster so I think there's a valid comparison

You can tell from that interview that he learned english in Norf Londan bruv. :D

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

Here is the sensible and rational comment from a guy who has played with both players and is able to make a comparison between the 2 and pick out an element in which they are similar 

Then there is the headline that distorts that comment in to something it's not

Then there are the fans who don't even read the headline properly let alone take the effort to read what emi actually said and why and instead instantly dismiss it with their own opinion

Its a great way of identifying idiots, the problem is there's just so **** many of them

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Here is the sensible and rational comment from a guy who has played with both players and is able to make a comparison between the 2 and pick out an element in which they are similar 

Then there is the headline that distorts that comment in to something it's not

Then there are the fans who don't even read the headline properly let alone take the effort to read what emi actually said and why and instead instantly dismiss it with their own opinion

Its a great way of identifying idiots, the problem is there's just so **** many of them

They don't even have to read it. He said it. It's recorded, all they have to do is press play but they're too blinded by the headline to even do that.

58 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

mind boggling....

One thing he's added to his game this year is the ability to thread the ball through 4 or 5 players in a packed box. Seriously, how many times has he set up Bert like that this season? I think he mentioned working on that to Crouch. Can't think of any other player who can do that as consistently as he does. 

25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Can I just remind everyone that if Levy had not been a total prat and offered anything north of 20 mil, Jack would be an established Spurs player by now and we would be playing Josh Onomah. 

That was a real sliding doors moment. But with less goop.

Zero doubt we'd still be in the Championship. Maybe worse.

Â