The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just looked at Whoscored. Jack is 3rd best player across the top 5 leagues for the season.Messi and Lewandowski above him and Harry Kane and Ronaldo below so in very esteemed company . Bruno at Manure is 22nd 

Edited by MWARLEY2
Missed a bit
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

WTF !!!

Two of my oldest and best friends. I've been down The Hawthorns to watch games with them, and they to VP with me. In terms of 'real life' Birmingham friends, I don't actually know any Villa fans, never have done. Went to school in a blues area. I always used to go to matches on my own or with a neutral, until my daughter got old enough. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Risso said:

McGrath was the best defender I've ever seen, but prime Jack up against prime McGrath? No contest.

It would be a real contest. Prime Macca was as close to the best defender in the world as you could get - maybe Maldini at the time, Jack is close to the best player(s) in the world now. Macca shut out Baggio, was it, in USA 94, and he was past his best then. He was an unbelievably good defender.

Jack now, just takes the breath away. Such different positions, but two just marvellous players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

If I were Dean Smith, given that we are out of the cups, I would go all out on trying to capitalize on that wide open 4th CL spot. Who can take Jack away from Aston Villa when he's leading his boyhood team out to the CL theme at Villa Park and real belief that we can fight for a title? What could you realistically offer that's better than that?

While I understand the sentiment, what more could Dean Smith do? Hes surely already trying to win every game?

25 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

While I understand the sentiment, what more could Dean Smith do? Hes surely already trying to win every game?

Yeah that came across wrong. I'm not saying he isn't, just that he has the right mindset to try to keep Jack at the club as do the owners.

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah that came across wrong. I'm not saying he isn't, just that he has the right mindset to try to keep Jack at the club as do the owners.

Yeah, I think the key bit is, if we want to keep Jack we need to match his ambition and this season for some reason things are conspiring that someone mean it might be possible to go from 17th to a position much higher.

We should just do what barca did with countinho . Loan him to city or bayern for the seasom so he can win the league and the champions league and then he can come back and with that experience take us as high as we can imagine whilst playing till 40 and ending up in the  Pirlo role. 

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have mates that never really rated him t hits highly because they only every saw him when their teams player Villa. But with lockdown and people pretty much watching every game that’s on they now accept how good he really is. I reckon that’s the same with many people. 

I was thinking this.  With every game being televised he's probably getting a lot more exposure than he would have in normal times. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I was thinking this.  With every game being televised he's probably getting a lot more exposure than he would have in normal times. 

Just gutting we can't see him in the flesh. I'm really starting to miss going to Villa Park lately.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Just gutting we can't see him in the flesh. I'm really starting to miss going to Villa Park lately.

Yeah, we really are being deprived of the greatest time in our recent history right now. 

• Sad 2

Just now, sidcow said:

Yeah, we really are being deprived of the greatest time in our recent history right now. 

the fans would probably preside over a dip in form if they returned........unfortunately :)

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Knowing our luck, we'll turn crap again the minute fans are allowed back in. I'd still enjoy going though. I even got the Villa Park butterflies every game day during the 15/16 season.

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

Missing it too but not missing the inevitable  ‘Smith ya ****** bring a ******* sub on!’

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's nice being able to watch every game on TV though. I don't get to go to VP very often due to work and not having anyone to go with, so I can honestly say our great form has come at the ideal time for me. I'm probably not the only one.

Â