The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Absolute joke! Not sure what more he could have done last season to earn the call up. I know he wasn't on top form post-lockdown but having been told he needed to prove himself in the prem as an attacking midfielder, he finished only second to KDB in chances created and still hasn't been picked! Has Kalvin Phillips proved himself in the Prem???

I'm not actually bothered about England's performance in these two friendlies but we all know this is more likely to sway Jack into a move away - if he feels that's the only way he might get in to the squad for the Euros. Foden and Greenwood had some good games post-lockdown but I think it's crucial to look at who they play for to understand their selection ahead of Jack.

• Like 1

Can remember before the Arsenal game a lot of people on here were saying that Grealish had been very poor since lockdown, some even going so far as to say that he didn't care and that his mind was already on a move in the summer.

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

Can remember before the Arsenal game a lot of people on here were saying that Grealish had been very poor since lockdown, some even going so far as to say that he didn't care and that his mind was already on a move in the summer.

He wasn’t at his best. But given the injuries etc at the moment it’s a joke, given his whole overall season, that he’s not given a call up and players who have, have 

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

There were a few games where he was poor (by his own high standards). I thought that too, and thought he might have had his mind on other things. What wrong with people voicing that opinion?

Sorry but this "Needs a move" is bullcrap.

If a player is good enough, he is good enough.

Even if the argument is "He needs a move to play with better players to be able to perform at this best".

Wouldn't you give him a call up to see how he performs with the "Best" players from the country?

If the player has the raw attributes and contribution, he just has it.

I've never seen a country where players don't get called up due to what club they play for.

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even if the argument is "He needs a move to play with better players to be able to perform at this best".

Wouldn't you give him a call up to see how he performs with the "Best" players from the country?

I've never seen a country where players don't get called up due to what club they play for.

Southgate's agenda mate. Gutted it'll be ages before Villa fans get to make their voices known. Southgate not welcome at Villa Park 🤬

I agree he should have been called up this time and am pretty staggered that he hasn't been, just saying that he was getting a lot of criticism on here and elsewhere for his form when football returned.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's absolute nonsense. Surely Grealish excelling in a team of crap players is better proof of his ability than playing well with good teammates! It makes literally no sense at all.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Anyone hear Gabby on talksport? 

Apparently he was very clear that he didn't agree with the decision.

Yeah l did and he was spot on in telling them Villa have provided English players from downing etc and even referenced Mings being in the squad as a reason he doesn’t need to leave Villa when they tried to make out he did need to perhaps leave. 

• Like 3

Just now, useless said:

I agree he should have been called up this time and am pretty staggered that he hasn't been, just saying that he was getting a lot of criticism on here and elsewhere for his form when football returned.

Not the first time Southgate has done this. And whilst Grealish didn't start the best post lockdown, The last 4 games he was back to his best.

Â