The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

58 minutes ago, deeps said:

Spurs top ITK said talks are on. He will go. 

Where?

Ive been on a few sites and one of their main guys said it was off this morning(main as if most fully accept its dead now)

There was a resurrection a few hours back but it turns out its just a chancer (Well would you believe it?).

When it comes to Grealish I think we should also recognise our views about him being world class are not that widely shared. I daresay he has less hype among other clubs than Will Hughes or James Maddison had. Two prominent examples of the "Young, English, who has technical skills but is in the Championship so maybe cheap" style players that Jack falls into.

I recall bigging up Westwood as a future England captain not so long ago so its worth us taking a quick reality check. 

I mean if we can get tens of millions for him then fine, but I think he is worth way more to us than other clubs, just because he fits us, is one of us and frankly forces us to play in a better way. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It makes absolutely no sense for Jack to leave now, if what's being touted that he's Villa through and through is true.

He'll be able to make the England squad playing in the championship too. He just needs a full season.

I'm not OK with him going but trying to be realistic. He deserves to be in the PL and if we can't convince him to give us one more season, so be it.

However, I would say he does owe us that season. We only had him for half a season last year and may have gone up automatically had he stayed. Once we're back in the PL we'll have enough financial clout to compete.

So, tell Spurs bollocks. Tell Jack to stay and give it one more shot. If that's a non starter insist we keep him on loan for the season and get their best fringe / youth players on loan. If that's a non starter take a stupid amount of cash and their best youth players on loan.

We'll have ripped the heart out of our team and would need an influx of quality players to compensate. We do need some of that anyway.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

£35m would be a steal. Can't believe people think we'll have done well with Levy and all that. £40m+ or GTFO

He paid £30m for Moussa Sissoko FFS. 2 years ago! A 22yr old Jack is worth £5m more than that? Give me a break.

Benteke went for what? £32.5m?

Need to blow that highest fee received record out of the water imo, not add a couple of million to it.

He walks into that Spurs midfield right now and everyone knows it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Apart from some bellend Spurs guy - and most of them chat shit like they breathe air, who says he is leaving? Anybody genuinely credible?

This could  be nothing more than somebody running with that story from last night. Funny none of the spurs sites seem moved by this. They seem to wait for news from their itks.

• Like 1

Ok well to me it's like this. If we can buy players we don't need to sell. If we don't need to sell tell Spurs to go forth.

Sell the chaff if we can by all means. But not Jack.

• Like 1

Â