The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

I don't know whether it is just my hungover eyes, but does he seem to have grown taller and filled out a lot more whilst been out injured? Particularly against Boro, I thought he seemed to impose himself physically a lot more than I've seen before. I remember Ronaldo doing something similar at United, one minute a gust of wind could have blown him over, and the next he was built like a brick out-house.....

If he can add a bit of pace and power to the footwork and skill, then he could run the show for years to come.

I agree - he has definitely bulked up and seems more capable of standing up to pushes and shoves.

38 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

I don't know whether it is just my hungover eyes, but does he seem to have grown taller and filled out a lot more whilst been out injured? Particularly against Boro, I thought he seemed to impose himself physically a lot more than I've seen before. I remember Ronaldo doing something similar at United, one minute a gust of wind could have blown him over, and the next he was built like a brick out-house.....

If he can add a bit of pace and power to the footwork and skill, then he could run the show for years to come.

It's not just you.  Steve Bruce said after the game that they've been working him hard in the gym after his pre-season injury -

Grealish came in for the injured Josh Onomah who was sidelined with concussion.

And Bruce reckons his hard graft in the gym is starting to pay off.

“The injury he had earlier in the season scared him,” said Bruce.

“But all of a sudden he looks like a man.

“Let’s be fair, he’s only 22.

“Oli Stevenson, my strength and conditioning coach, has done a wonderful job with the club.

“He’s had Jack in the gym and has worked tirelessly with him for five or six months,

“His running ability, his strength, it’s there to see.

“We all know what a good footballer he is but today he gave a really top performance.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sensational-jack-grealish-runs-riot-14101625

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's not just you.  Steve Bruce said after the game that they've been working him hard in the gym after his pre-season injury.

And in the programme for today's game there's an interview with Jack where he talks about how much stronger and fitter he's feeling and how much good work that Oli Stevenson has done with him in his return from injury. 

Well done Oli (whoever you are.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

And in the programme for today's game there's an interview with Jack where he talks about how much stronger and fitter he's feeling and how much good work that Oli Stevenson has done with him in his return from injury. 

Somebody, who probably reports to Steve Bruce

Grealish has always had the skill. For he has often lacked purpose and pondered on the ball too much. Yesterday he was much more direct and played to damage Bristol C - although credit to Lee Johnson who set his Bristol City team up to accommodate Grealish - I doubt any team with give grealish that much space again.

• Like 2

if I have a favourite Villa player its Jack Grealish. I am really pleased he has got fit and is playing well again. I hope he can kick on and be the player many feel he can because he has class and you can not make that

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Edit- just seen VillaAlex's post

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

5 hours ago, hippo said:

Grealish has always had the skill. For he has often lacked purpose and pondered on the ball too much. Yesterday he was much more direct and played to damage Bristol C - although credit to Lee Johnson who set his Bristol City team up to accommodate Grealish - I doubt any team with give grealish that much space again.

That works well enough for us - you can't double up on everyone, so if it means that Adomah or Snodgrass have more time and space then we'll be quids in whatever. 

7 hours ago, JoeB said:

Thought Jack was excellent yesterday, but does anybody know what the beef is with Baker!? That was a crunching tackle

I don't there is a beef, more just down to how young Nathan plays. 

3rd goal is the reason I always backed Jack and hope he would succeed. Was just pure skill. Dribbling is a rare but beautiful thing in modern football, yes people can run with the ball at pace and power but the dribble is a lot different. 

There was another good run he had, and I was mentally screaming at him to just shoot with his left peg, to the left of their goal, but he tried to pass it and it didn't go anywhere.  

It was the kind of angle Zidane or Totti would just smash it as hard as they could on their left pegs, in the top left of the goal, and it would catch keepers off-guard because they're anticipating that shot to go across them.

I hope next time he's in that position, he absolutely creams it in.  :) 

Â