The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don't think anyone has questioned Jacks Talent

But there is a large thing called application.....in those video's there is much evidence of Jack featuring on his back side.

I am disappointed Jack is poorly and I hope he gets well soon and yes we want/need him back soon.

sadly there is more to football than just unadulterated talent which Jack has....theres effectiveness and consistentcy, there is will and drive and durability that makes you not go missing in times of need.

Jack has a bit to add to his game for me.....But I have to admit the talent is mouth watering.

Get well soon son.

• Like 2

The video infuriates me more. He so has got something but those moments are outshone by periods of poor play. 

I remember saying during Christiano Ronaldos early seasons that he was a show pony with little end product. 

Fingers crossed Jack goes that way also but the ball is firmly in his court to make it happen instead of slipping back like so many talents before him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The video infuriates me more. He so has got something but those moments are outshone by periods of poor play. 

I remember saying during Christiano Ronaldos early seasons that he was a show pony with little end product. 

Fingers crossed Jack goes that way also but the ball is firmly in his court to make it happen instead of slipping back like so many talents before him. 

Cristiano was, but he has worked endlessly on his game.

We can all get selective in what we want to see in a game.....thats one reason why DM's struggle for credit because they are not eye candy.

Football is not a single dimensional game and its why talent alone is not enough......sounds daft, but is not......Thats why the "Crazy Gang" created a modicum of success by bludgeoning everyone to death ( being a bit unkind to them to illustrate a point) I actually appreciated them but not liking them paradoxically....it depends what you look for.

Jack is still only young and has time to add to his game....Here's me hoping he does it.

Edited by TRO

The issue with Jack is that he can break up play by going down easily. Stay up, look for a pass and keep the attack going - by going down and winning a free kick, we lose attacking momentum and the opposition get their players back.

He needs to be winning those free kicks further up the pitch. Ashley Young did that for us with great results. 

Jack does  his best work within and around the box. I really wish we got to see more of it. 

10 hours ago, Ponky said:

He needs to be winning those free kicks further up the pitch. Ashley Young did that for us with great results. 

Jack does  his best work within and around the box. I really wish we got to see more of it. 

exactly...his tricky feet would be devastating in the box!

• 1 month later...

He was nearly ready to leave hospital but then Stone Cold Steve Austin pretended to be a Dr and said "Well Jack, it seems like you can leave today lol"

and then Jack said "oh yea, nice one geez, can I have my own shoes back please?"

and then Stone Cold Steven Austin said "Oh hell yeah!" and gave him his shoes.

Then Jack put his shoes on and did a little dance... and we all know Stone Cold Stephen Austinallegro doesn't like dancing, does he boys and girls..

*STUNNER*

So it looks like another forty-twelve weeks out for Jack I'm afraid. 

Jack told me this himself when we were having our knackers removed (old Micra's) to the knackers yard. 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Haha 1

He's too slow witted on the ball, will hold onto it rather than playing the right pass, as a result he often breaks up our own counters. It's absolutely crucial that he learns how and when to release the ball at the right time. 

He certainly has talent, but it's sink or swim time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's too slow witted on the ball, will hold onto it rather than playing the right pass, as a result he often breaks up our own counters. It's absolutely crucial that he learns how and when to release the ball at the right time. 

He certainly has talent, but it's sink or swim time. 

Who, Stone Cold?

Jack Grealish has this encouraging injury message for Aston Villa fans

The youngster was withdrawn 25 minutes into Villa's final pre-season friendly with Watford at Villa Park in July after going down holding his side.

After the match, manager Steve Bruce confirmed Grealish was in a bad way and that he had been taken to hospital.

It was later discovered that the midfielder had suffered bleeding to the kidney and had undergone an operation.

Jack Grealish

Bruce initially feared he could be without Grealish until next year, but the player's latest update on social media has suggested that he could be back in claret and blue sooner than expected.

Posting on Twitter, Grealish said: "Nice to have some good news, back v soon! #TunnelVision" 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-grealish-encouraging-injury-message-13640137  

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Â