The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

In fairness to Jack this kind of shit happens all the time at all clubs. Some players get along wi

Manager, some don't, some will be over the moon when they leave, some will be gutted. I can remember when O'Neill left a number of players went public with how pleased they were. This is nothing new.

Whoever the next manager is lets hope Jack knuckles down and allows the manager to get the best out of him. He is a talented player and it would be a shame to see him waste that talent or go on to flourish elsewhere.

I remember Marc Albrighton's missus posting a tweet having a pop at Pearson when it was initially (wrongly) reported he'd been sacked. She quickly removed it when it emerged he wasnt fired :lol:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

I remember Marc Albrighton's missus posting a tweet having a pop at Pearson when it was initially (wrongly) reported he'd been sacked. She quickly removed it when it emerged he wasnt fired :lol:

She was silly, but ... he had been sacked at the time IIRC.  The decision was just reversed after the huge backlash.

EDIT :

Nigel Pearson kept his job as Leicester boss after farcically being told he was sacked but then later reinstated over the phone by the club’s Thai owners.

MirrorSport understands the Thai ownership reversed their decision when they realised they had no outstanding candidate lined up to replace Pearson.

• Like 1

He's got ability but he's not done anything yet. He's just a promising player but he's got a very, very long way to go to become even a regular at Aston Villa.

I was gonna say that he could end up being the next Lee Hendrie but even that would be an achievement (so far) given that Hendrie played about 200 games for us and was very good for at least 3 seasons and even managed to pick up an England cap!

• Like 3

I'd get rid

Unprofessional as they come and yet another more focused on partying than wearing the shirt

Just another Lee Hendrie but worse tbh like said above at least he proved himself to be a decent player at the top level and contributed to the club 

Edited by AshVilla

I believe he has good talent that will benefit us, I want to see him as a regular next season, with a manager who will get the best out of him.

That said, the guy is a little word removed, and he needs a strong manager who is going to put the fear of god into him and get him playing (I believe Moyes could do this). Garde took a tough love approach but wasn't a strong enough presence with the required fear factor to set this **** prick straight.

• Like 1

If Jack doing something silly was a one off occurence I could forgive him; but they keep happening and he isn't learning.

Everything that comes out of Twitter from our players is just disappointing.

12 hours ago, jon_c said:

He could learn a lot from Paul McGrath, train wreck off the pitch. Exemplary on it.

I doubt he'd learn much from McGrath, because like another ex-Villa Paul who had similar issues, Jack would probably agree to a meeting to try and learn from someone, then just not show up.

Jack should not have posted the tweet and not made his feelings provate, there are about 20 players inthe first team squad that are happy to see the back of Garde,he isn't the only one.

16 minutes ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

I've watched Jack at Under 21 level. I thought he was a cut above. A class act. I was certainly championing his first team credentials. His off field displays in the summer were silly but like many I brushed it aside as I thought it was a one off. Against Notts County earlier in the season i saw a humble lad give a young fan his boots and show appreciation to the County fans, it was exemplary. One of us if you will. The problem is at the moment he is behaving a bit reckless and spoiled. The 'Sherwood' method of building him up saying he is a £30 million player was only a short term fix and was always going to have repercussions. Still it could be argued we only saw his full potential in the semi final and against Blues. Amidst all this he announced himself for England and with murmurings of the Euros his ego was once again being pampered. His performances were suffering though. I think something had to give and for him to reach his full potential over time he needed the Garde treatment. In the long term it was in his best interests because he cannot get away with what he did after Everton and maintain a solid career particularly nowadays. (See Gabby) What concerns me is the reports that senior players revolted against Garde for punishing Jack. For me if the captain(s) were fulfilling their role they should of spoke to Jack and supported the manager decision whilst encouraging him to fight his way back into the team. Instead they stoked the fire to push their own agendas. It is that kind of guidance than can damage a young career. Whilst he has to take responsibility for himself with the right coaching he can get back on track and hopefully fulfill his potential. But time is running out and he is walking a well trodden path. He should ask what Ali and Barkley are doing different. The problem is for Jack managers and fans alike are now looking at (for example) Andre Green (and in terms of England Ali) in the same light we once looked at him. If his attitude isn't adjusted he will be overlooked as there is always someone waiting in the wings who wants it more and that would be a true waste.

Yes.

Daily Star (ahem), nonetheless I feel this is pertinent:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/504709/Remi-Garde-Aston-Villa-boss-Jack-Grealish

The French manager identified major dressing room problems just 19 days into his reign when he took a hard-line approach with the youngster (Grealish).

Garde left Villa’s training ground complex late on Tuesday night disenchanted that he hadn’t managed to sort out a dressing room he considered to be rotten.

And it was the early flashpoint with Grealish that really hit home to him that he might have major problems within the ranks.

A number of senior players questioned his handling of the youngster following a nightclub incident.

Disappointed Garde took a strict stance and banished the 20-year-old to training with the under-21 squad after he was pictured partying in Manchester just hours after the 4-0 drubbing at Everton.

The French boss was mystified at all the fuss surrounding Grealish, who was a massive favourite with previous boss Tim Sherwood.

While he recognised the local lad had potential, he didn’t buy into what he considered hype surrounding Grealish.

Two or three senior players showed dissent and from that point Garde knew there were deep-rooted problems he would need to sort out.

I really, really despair at the attitude of our squad. Poor Garde, he never stood a chance.

What are our youth coaches doing?! What are the other non-playing staff doing?! Letting this embarrassing lack of professionalism spread throughout the junior and senior ranks, seemingly. A young guy can think he can just go out on the piss after a 4-0 loss, with no repercussions, and the senior players agree with his indignation.

We need a strict disciplinarian to come in and gut the place.

• Like 4

Â