The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

I was told a few months ago that Jack was mulling over the countries because of money. England pay and Ireland don't. I can't be 100% sure but, iirc, the person who told me said that it was Jack's dad suggesting that he plays for England because they will pay him. But, like I said, I'm not certain of that as a I was drinking with the person who told me and could possibly have misheard. 

I know if it was my son I would tell him to follow the money and think of his financial stability. Only at national level though. He would follow his heart at club level. 

I think you have that the wrong way around.

Thought he was terrible apart from the goal, he barely touched the ball second half and spent more time standing around when he should of been busting a gut to track back and help the midfield out. Serious question marks over his attitude for me.

• Like 2

Grealish, like Gil, Bacuna and Sinclair, is a luxury player at the moment. He won't graft, he won't work for the team but he'll have sporadic moments of genius. Maybe he'll develop further but at the moment he's too focused on clever turns and step overs than actually looking at what's going on around him. His contribution largely comes from being fouled in dangerous areas but yet to see him provide much from a pass.

We can't afford to play them all together, we need more bite in midfield and they're all too selfish for that.

• Like 3

Grealish, like Gil, Bacuna and Sinclair, is a luxury player at the moment. He won't graft, he won't work for the team but he'll have sporadic moments of genius. Maybe he'll develop further but at the moment he's too focused on clever turns and step overs than actually looking at what's going on around him. His contribution largely comes from being fouled in dangerous areas but yet to see him provide much from a pass.

We can't afford to play them all together, we need more bite in midfield and they're all too selfish for that.

ditto

I'd like to see Grealish-Gil-Traore for a few matches before I say if they can work together. I think Traore will help because Grealish-Gil-Sinclair are all dribblers who want to hold onto the ball so it makes this difficult and predictable whereas Traore wants to attack the wing and get crosses in. Basically he adds a different dimension. 

Dawson had him in his pocket today

Whenever he tried one of his fancy runs he got stood up and forced narrow

Men against boys 

That's what you get from a Pulis side though - preparation and a plan for dealing with the opposition's threats. 

• Like 1

I think we're using him wrong. For me he's not right for the left side of a midfield 4. He doesn't beat his man and whip in a cross, he likes to come inside and this means that quite often we have no width because of it. 

I'd much rather see him behind a lone striker with the likes of Sinclair and Traore out wide. 

I think he's struggling a bit due to who he's having to look for upfront. Gabby will never be on the same wave length of this guy.

Â