The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

The past two times he's played actually we've seen his capacity to be a real threat around the box. For a team with a relative dearth of chances created over the season so far that is very encouraging.

• Like 1

I'd start him. He is trying to impress in a short spell and if he starts will probably be calmer and not try do something off every play. His work rate was a lot better and he almost got a goal and assist. How many of nearly did Richardson or nzogbia have? Give him a run in the derby.

Think you missed Richardson through ball for Benteke? Grealish really had an opportunity to give Lambert a headache, but he sometimes took the safe option, and when he trying to be fancy, he actually passed it to a Leicester player. He's a talent but I agree with others who thought he actually wasn't that great.

Agree with most of that Stevo except for the fact that I thought he did OK yesterday. If you watch it back he gave it away poorly twice (hardly a crime when compared to his compatriots) nearly set up a goal and got himself in the position to nearly score one.

Of course there is still much to come but for me that was the most effective he has been in first team so far.

I thought he did quite well, looks to go forward, prefers to run at a player rather than pass around them and looks for a diagonal pass (one of which I really thought Tekkers would score from). Plus he takes perfect corners, I'd have him in the team just for that after watching Cleverly smash them at the first defenders shins.

He had a shot on target, created a great chance for benteke and created a good chance for Clark from a corner.

Has to be ahead of nzogbia IMO I see nothing that nzogbia offers that grealish doesn't.

Weimman has his defensive work but I'd like to see grealish get a start soon.

• Like 1

I'm surprised by the reaction in this thread. Not that i think it's overly negative, but at how it isn't as positive as I thought it might be. I saw, again, a player who glides across the pitch as though gravity is merely a concept, one that he disagrees with. His ball control is mesmerizing and he has a strength about him that belies his slight frame. Yes he'll occasionally give it away, but his ability to dink a pass or swing one in were evident more than often enough. Also, he seems to find himself in shooting position in his cameo's more often than everyone not named Benteke over a full 90. His work rate leaves a little to be desired at times but when he's on the ball there isn't a player half as easy on the eye in the squad for my money, Benteke included. 

I'm gagging to see more of him.  

I agree, that Messi is quite a player.

Wait, what?!

Go on Lambert throw him in for a local derby let's see what he's made of

Not read to start imo. Especially not away from home. Off the bench where he gives us an attacking option if we need him. 

He can start games in the tail end of the season when we play tired teams where the last thing a defender from West Brom or QPR wants to see is this fired up skillful kid running at them 

Not read to start imo. Especially not away from home. Off the bench where he gives us an attacking option if we need him. 

He can start games in the tail end of the season when we play tired teams where the last thing a defender from West Brom or QPR wants to see is this fired up skillful kid running at them

You say this in such a way that we are much more comfortable at home when in reality it couldn't be further from the truth! I think he is ready for a start against a poor side in West Brom, they wouldn't be able to handle him.

You say this in such a way that we are much more comfortable at home when in reality it couldn't be further from the truth! I think he is ready for a start against a poor side in West Brom, they wouldn't be able to handle him.

When we are depleted in midfield away from home to any team. I want the experienced players on there as we need to be solid defensively. Andi, Benteke & Gabby know how to play football away from home. 

Richardson, Sanchez, Cleverly or Bacuna. Plus same back 5

When we are depleted in midfield away from home to any team. I want the experienced players on there as we need to be solid defensively. Andi, Benteke & Gabby know how to play football away from home. 

Richardson, Sanchez, Cleverly or Bacuna. Plus same back 5

Yeah I'd be happy with that. I'm happy with going with the usual front trio away from home as that generally works for us season in season out.

At home we need to find a different way of playing so I'd like to see Grealish start  Sunderland and Palace games. Not Man. United as that will probably be a 25% possession game and he'll spend most of his time tracking back.

He's lacking confidence, but not the usual kind of confidence you talk about when discussing a player, it's more the belief that all great players have that everything he does will work. A goal or great assist and you'll see him come to life imo

I really like him. The only player who can actually put a decent cross in. The cross for Benteke was a beauty, made it look so simple but I don't think another Villa player could do it. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

He had a shot on target, created a great chance for benteke and created a good chance for Clark from a corner.

Has to be ahead of nzogbia IMO I see nothing that nzogbia offers that grealish doesn't.

Weimman has his defensive work but I'd like to see grealish get a start soon.

Can't remember if we usually agree, ha, but I do agree with you here.

N'Zog keeps making mistakes and not just on the ball but off it, it's concerning to see someone who is clearly comfortable in possession using it so poorly without even backing that up with glimpses or brilliance.

From a logical point of view he makes enough mistakes for Grealish to come in and falter, he's young and should be protected but the players in front of him aren't adding enough for him to be considered a definite bench player.

I really like him. The only player who can actually put a decent cross again. The cross for Benteke was a beauty, made it look so simple but I don't think another Villa player could do it. 

That ball was amazing. The corners were nearly as good too.

I agree he shouldn't be starting just yet, but when the other team is tiring in the last 20-30 minutes he could be a real asset. If he does the business enough times off the bench he coudl be a starter before this season is out, good preseason and then the world could very much be his oyster...

Â