The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

He needs games in order to judge him.

its kinda catch 22 

until we are functioning more in mid table, i can't see him getting much game time.

The modern game does demand more defensive work from the offensive players and i don't think he quite has that at present.

for me he changed the game on sunday not by doing anything completely special but he committed players dribbled and got the crowd on his feet. was used well by Lambert and should be this way for a bit

maybe get a start over Christmas period

• 2 weeks later...

Defensively he is just awful so it makes sense as to why Lambert never starts him. He never tracked back or helped out Clark. He poses a threat going forward, but needs to learn to defend.

Why does he need to learn to defend? He's an attacking player. The reason we score so little is because we seem to pick attacking players on what they offer defensively. Its ridiculous. Does vlaar need to learn how to score? No, he's a defender we want him in there to defend. Grealish looks like he can win free kicks and help create chances, he shouldn't be picked on his ability to defend.

• Like 1

Defensively he is just awful so it makes sense as to why Lambert never starts him. He never tracked back or helped out Clark. He poses a threat going forward, but needs to learn to defend.

Why does he need to learn to defend? He's an attacking player. The reason we score so little is because we seem to pick attacking players on what they offer defensively. Its ridiculous. Does vlaar need to learn how to score? No, he's a defender we want him in there to defend. Grealish looks like he can win free kicks and help create chances, he shouldn't be picked on his ability to defend.

Ashley Young knows how to work for the team and defend.

Needs a start. We're a good team and we're solid but we lack creativity. I thought when he came on he offered an outlet who made intelligent runs and, most importantly, worried the opposition while in position.

He'll win free kicks, penalties and make defenders back track rather than press when he has the ball. They know he has ability and a trick or two quick is the difference between him lining up one on one with a full back and Cissokho.

I think he need to replace cleverly in the forwardmost midfield spot. Cleverlys touch is always an attempt to gather the ball, jacks generally puts him on the front foot and looking to move forward.

• Like 1

With Gabby suspended you've got to think he's got a good chance of starting v Sunderland.

We'll still have three defensive midfielders behind him and Weimann as part of the front trio so plenty of tracking back from those.

It wasn't an issue v Leicester as far as I could see.

• Like 1

Why does he need to learn to defend? He's an attacking player. The reason we score so little is because we seem to pick attacking players on what they offer defensively. Its ridiculous. Does vlaar need to learn how to score? No, he's a defender we want him in there to defend. Grealish looks like he can win free kicks and help create chances, he shouldn't be picked on his ability to defend.[/quote

Does Vlaar need to learn ? You mean to tell me him going up for corners is an exercise in futility ? Dear me , yet another example ofLamberts' poor judgement .

You've lost me there, probably because you don't seem to be having a go at fans.

Take your first left , keep going till you come to a mini roundabout , take the third turn , then a right , a right again and then your fifth left " Fickle Grove " is right on the corner , be careful though it's a cul de sac , don't want you getting lost again .

I think Grealish is holding back.

When he gets the ball, his first instinct is to pass to someone else, rather then get the ball down and run at the full back, He did it once today, and created an opportunity as he got to the byline. 

• Like 1

Why does he need to know how to defend? Is this a serious question? 

Yes, he shouldn't be picked based on what he offers defensively. He's an attacking player and should be considered on what he offers in that position.

Why do you think we score and create so little? We seem to focus too much on how our attacking players can also defend.

• Like 1

Because in an age of attacking full backs, you can't leave your full back exposed 2v1 when the opposition full back pushes on, your wide players have to be responsible defensively. It's why Mourinho fell out with Mata and had a little bust up with Hazard. Ironically, after the bust up, it was Hazards lack of tracking back that put them out of the CL, it's a must in football now.

• Like 1

Â