The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

He's obviously very confident in his own abilities, which is great. He also receives the ball in very good attacking positions. The problem is that his execution is pretty poor, he should have done better with his shot, and he had a chance to play Richardson in but the pass wasn't weighted properly. 

I think with time he'll get up to speed with this league and he definitely has a lot of talent, but he's also definitely a work in progress.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

He's still a half step off the pace of the game, but he's a better player than CNZ. Give Jack a couple of games where he plays the full 90 minutes, and get him up to speed. Then we will see him flourish, I am sure of it.

It will take a manager with some balls though.

He isn't up to the pace but neither is N'Zogbia.

I've seen improvement from Grealish, I've seen nothing from N'Zogbia and he has had plenty of minutes.

He will be naive; he will probably give the ball away but he is much more positive going forward than N'Zogbia and for me I want to see much more attacking intent especially at home.

He offered more than N'Zogbia or Cleverley which is basis enough for him to be starting ahead of those two.

He also almost cost us immediately after we scored the 2nd (it was really poor play to be honest).  He's inexperienced and shouldn't be starting imo, but looks like he'll be a player in years to come.

I take it Gabby, Weimann et al. have never given the ball away which has put the team under pressure? It always seems to be the way that any error from academy players is scrutinised a lot more than any other players. He'll obviously learn and get better but he needs game-time to do this.

• Like 1

I take it Gabby, Weimann et al. have never given the ball away which has put the team under pressure? It always seems to be the way that any error from academy players is scrutinised a lot more than any other players. He'll obviously learn and get better but he needs game-time to do this.

I don't really know what you're reading to get this impression.

Nobody is being particularly negative, and even if they were it's nowhere near as much stick as other players have been getting recently. So I can't see how he's being scrutinised more.

• Like 2

I'm a fan Isa, but i don't think hes ready yet for a start.Makes the wrong choice too often, but that will come.Has a good touch, is good on the ball, just pure execution at times, but that cross to CB shows he has real quality.

Bring him on later in the season, but not yet imho.

I think he's possibly ahead of insomnia after today. If Charles can't do it even when those around him are playing well then he's unlikely to do it at all.

Weimann will come back in for sure but Jack did well. He obviously sees himself as junior to others, a few times he laid off or left a ball when the whole stadium wanted to see him on the ball being positive.

Dat cross tho.

I don't really know what you're reading to get this impression.

Nobody is being particularly negative, and even if they were it's nowhere near as much stick as other players have been getting recently. So I can't see how he's being scrutinised more.

I should say that the significance of his mistakes is hightened to justify why he is ready yet or should start etc. You only have to look at the comments post-Man City.

Â