The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Must admit I can't really see what zog gives ahead of him, so between those two he could play.....but it makes a lot of sense to ease him in......especially if struggling...what a nightmare it could be for him.

If he played for arsenal Wenger would ease him in over two years so just because we are desperate to see that sort of skill doesn't mean lambo is handling it wrong.

• Like 1

I'd start him. He is trying to impress in a short spell and if he starts will probably be calmer and not try do something off every play. His work rate was a lot better and he almost got a goal and assist. How many of nearly did Richardson or nzogbia have? Give him a run in the derby.

• Like 2

I'm surprised by the reaction in this thread. Not that i think it's overly negative, but at how it isn't as positive as I thought it might be. I saw, again, a player who glides across the pitch as though gravity is merely a concept, one that he disagrees with. His ball control is mesmerizing and he has a strength about him that belies his slight frame. Yes he'll occasionally give it away, but his ability to dink a pass or swing one in were evident more than often enough. Also, he seems to find himself in shooting position in his cameo's more often than everyone not named Benteke over a full 90. His work rate leaves a little to be desired at times but when he's on the ball there isn't a player half as easy on the eye in the squad for my money, Benteke included. 

I'm gagging to see more of him.  

Me too. has to start against the baggies.

Should have scored the winner vs Burnley. Should have killed the game off today.

Shows a lot of promise but needs to start taking these chances.

With both chances I don't think he realised just how much time and space he had, that'll comes, think any flaws I see in him at the moment can be rectified with game time, sometimes he passes when I'd rather he took people on, other times he keeps it when he should pass, it'll all come good with time

I'd rather he started than Nzogbia

I'm surprised by the reaction in this thread. Not that i think it's overly negative, but at how it isn't as positive as I thought it might be. I saw, again, a player who glides across the pitch as though gravity is merely a concept, one that he disagrees with. His ball control is mesmerizing and he has a strength about him that belies his slight frame. Yes he'll occasionally give it away, but his ability to dink a pass or swing one in were evident more than often enough. Also, he seems to find himself in shooting position in his cameo's more often than everyone not named Benteke over a full 90. His work rate leaves a little to be desired at times but when he's on the ball there isn't a player half as easy on the eye in the squad for my money, Benteke included. 

Be a bit rough at the Baggies for him to start I think being a derby. 

Be a bit rough at the Baggies for him to start I think being a derby. 

Rough in what way? They're not a particularly nasty team, they prefer having their bellies tickled if anything. Also, the atmosphere at The Hawthorns is toxic indeed, but against the home side and particularly its manager. We could finish him off on Saturday. 

Quality little cameo from him today, really great to see.

Only hesitation with throwing him in the start next week is we could be utterly decimated in midfield and also against Man. United if Cleverley and Westwood are out so I could understand why we went for experience in those games.

As is perhaps natural, there remains the perception that young players aren't capable of dealing with physicality. Grealish's reaction to being kicked off the park by half of Hull's team would suggest otherwise for me. Not to mention that he spent a season playing in League One, or "mens football" as Lambert puts it. I'd have no qualms whatsoever about starting him in a derby.

Delph has a chance of being back for United perhaps? Shouldn't take him too long to get back up to speed. Fingers crossed. 

I would like to think if he's already in non contact training we can step it up in a weeks time and he could be a possible for Man. United.

Otherwise with Cleverley ineligable and Westwood probably injured we're looking at a Richardson Sanchez combo for the next few weeks.

As is perhaps natural, there remains the perception that young players aren't capable of dealing with physicality. Grealish's reaction to being kicked off the park by half of Hull's team would suggest otherwise for me. Not to mention that he spent a season playing in League One, or "mens football" as Lambert puts it. I'd have no qualms whatsoever about starting him in a derby.

Away from home you're more likely to have less of the ball and the ref is more likely to be biased to the home team or at least give a few 50/50s to the home team so in that instance if things aren't going well a player like him might disappear a bit.

I'd rather start him in home games like Palace or Sunderland coming up. Even Swansea which will be more like his game with passing and more space.

yesterday was an interesting one watching jack play.... I think that his youth and inexperience showed today on several occasions, exactly as it is did when we were blooding the last generation of new talent - clark, albrighton, baker, bannan....

he clearly has potential going forward and he definitely appeared to grow into the game.... I think he hasn't yet developed the precision that he needs in the premier league, and that a couple of his passes and touches needed to be a little bit tighter or sooner, although I think he clearly has the ability to improve that as he develops...

I would also have to say that to me it appears that PL is playing him about the right amount... in a light midfield like we had when he came on in the absence of delph, westwood and cleverley, he looked exposed.... when he is surrounded by a team that can do the defensive shift, he clearly gives us something extra going forward, and seeing how he developed last season, i'm sure he'll get better with more of the right sort of minutes played...

Should have scored the winner vs Burnley. Should have killed the game off today.

Shows a lot of promise but needs to start taking these chances.

was about to post the same thing missed another sitter

He did not miss a sitter. The shot was blocked, there were about three defenders around him, plus the keeper. That's not a sitter. Although I do wish he'd taken the shot instead of laying it off for Richardson.

• Like 2

Â