The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Made as many bad decisions as good today IMO can remember a cruyff turn on the edge of our box the arsenal player read and done him, also couple of times he went down too easy and deservedly got nothing

Not necessarily a criticism, spent half the night telling the bar I was in he's the best villa youth product I've ever seen, happily put it down to learning curve, played 45 mins vs great opposition looked great at times got caught out at times, as long as he learns from the bad stuff and carries on with the good stuff then we'll still get our superstar

We have to ease him in really. Not really that easy to start with him against the top 4 teams.

Agreed, it is unlikely that he will be starting a game in the next few, earliest I could see him getting a start would be the QPR game.

Personally, I think Lambert is doing a great job of gently introducing him into the first team picture. It is only a matter of time for the lad, as long as he keeps improving.

I'm afraid to say he's disappointed me the last few times he's come on. I don't doubt that he'll become a decent player for us, but on a number of occasions, he gets the ball only to pass it backwards to a defender or a midfielder in a deeper position. It's frustrating because he CAN take on a player, but so many times he decides not to. Also, he doesn't like to have the ball passed to him whilst running past a player, it seems. A number of times this season, our defender has been running with the ball, and instead of running ahead of the opposition, to receive it, he waits in the same position, so our defender ends up passing it 3 yards to him, which is pointless when you're trying to attack. I don't mean to be overly critical of him, but it's because I'm certain he can do a lot better.

Caused problems. Chambers should of been sent off though, cynical pull back when on a yellow. He's more use as an exciting impact sub right now. Let's not throw him in at the deep end and put too much pressure upon him.

Indeed - nearly all of our forays (of which there weren't many !!!) in the 2nd half involved Jack. 

• Like 1

Looks far better than Tonev already so is a great addition to the squad. Has terrific potential, but potential can be a double edged sword. For every Gabby there is a Stefan Moore. But I think he could be a key player for us for years to come he is continues to progress. 

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â