The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'd much prefer him to play for Ireland.

Just to spite the English national team who I loathe.

But... but...

England hope the naming of Wayne Rooney as captain by the end of next week will rebuild public belief in the national team following the World Cup. (Daily Express)

• Like 1

I think people took what I said the wrong way. If I was a young player coming through this club right now, yes I love villa and would want to stay, but noone knows what's going on at board level right now and until a new owner came in or Lerner committed himself to the club again I wouldn't sign a contract. Not because I'd plan to leave but because you don't know what will happen in the future if there is likely to be change. Money is factored into it but only partly.

The thing is, as far as footballers are concerned, there really isn't much a risk in signing for club in Villa's situation. If they sign a long term deal and the club gets sold and turned into the next Cit£h then great. If it doesn't and it goes tits up then they can whack in a transfer request and go to pastures new, more than likely on an improved contract.

• Like 1

there really shouldn't be an issue with Jack if he truly does want to stay here. He's young but knows he's valued. Get's what will probably be quite a significant payrise now he's into the first team squad, and long term security, and even if he wants out, he'll likely get it as players have the power anyway. I would lean to saying the fault would potentially be with Jack's agent if no deal ever get's signed, it would just be absurd not to - we got other contracts signed earlier in the summer, no reason why this one should have delayed itself like this so far. 

• Like 1

there really shouldn't be an issue with Jack if he truly does want to stay here. He's young but knows he's valued. Get's what will probably be quite a significant payrise now he's into the first team squad, and long term security, and even if he wants out, he'll likely get it as players have the power anyway. I would lean to saying the fault would potentially be with Jack's agent if no deal ever get's signed, it would just be absurd not to - we got other contracts signed earlier in the summer, no reason why this one should have delayed itself like this so far.

He doesn't have an agent, it's his dad. As far as we were told, up to a couple of weeks ago no talks had begun. Hopefully it's sorted soon.

Felt really sorry for Jack today as he nearly had his VP debut.

Lambert was just about to put him on when Cissokho was injured and decided he needed a Baker instead.

No doubt he will get more chances but it would have been a nice start to the season, we really need to change our home form this year.

Â