The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Great performance last night. Almost banks like an aeroplane. And even when jogging seems to outpace others who are sprinting.

That said, he is _very_ raw. Quite a few decisions which could have left us exposed in the PL. Rather than clear it he chose to turn his way out of a tight spot, which worked well in most cases last night. I just hope it doesn't bite him on the arse during the season.

He's got the technical ability (more so than others), we just have to give him game time experience.

I anticipate a few mistakes, but he's the kind of lad who will learn quickly from them. 

He's an exciting ball of clay at the minute, I just hope we don't take all the creativity out of him.

He runs like George Best - a sort of ballerina type of balance almost. 

I don't want to get overly excited, he's got a long way to go, but he's got great potential, I just hope he looks at our recent examples (Delf etc) and thinks "that's not for me".

• Like 1

Presumably he would fit into a midfield like this

-------------------------Sanchez

--------Westwood----------------Delph

Nzogbia------------------------------------Grealish

------------------------Benteke

• Like 2

Presumably he would fit into a midfield like this

----------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed that for you ;)

• Like 1

I wouldn't play him out wide  ... as we've seen previously with Gabby and Weimann  , in a Lambert team that involves tracking back and lets be honest Grealish is to tackling what Emile Heskey is to converting sitters

Cole was given the "number 10" role last night and was a waste of a shirt ... put Grealish in that role and let him have a bit of freedom and see how he gets on

probably ought to play Bacuna as well , someone to convert all those free kicks we are going to be getting  ....

probably doesn't give us enough width but , from what I've seen this season Hutton and Cissoko like to bomb forward

-----------Guzan
Hutton-Vlaar-Senderos-Cissokho
             Sanchez
      Delph ----------- Westwood

Grealish

Gabby -------   Weimann

Edited by tonyh29

He has to start, there's no question about it.

He's one of the best players we currently have in the team. I think he will definitely make some mistakes, but its up to us as fans not to bash his confidence! Grealish is playing with confidence and no fear, he hasn't really had the fans get on his back and I hope it stays that way! 

• Like 1

I know everyone wants Jack to play tomorrow.

I'm not so sure. He has seemed very hesitant and scared in the short stints he's had with the first team. I know the only way to get him to relax is to give him games, but I feel it may be too early yet.

• Like 2

I'm not so sure. He has seemed very hesitant and scared in the short stints he's had with the first team. I know the only way to get him to relax is to give him games, but I feel it may be too early yet.

I've never been a massive advocate of playing him, but i went to the orient game Wednesday and its the first time i've really seen him play.

I love the fact that he's not scared to fun at people. When you really think about it, Weimann and especially Agbonlahor offer us absolutely nothing so theres nothing to lose in my opinion. He's got no fear.

I've never been a massive advocate of playing him, but i went to the orient game Wednesday and its the first time i've really seen him play.

I love the fact that he's not scared to fun at people. When you really think about it, Weimann and especially Agbonlahor offer us absolutely nothing so theres nothing to lose in my opinion. He's got no fear.

Okay, I didn't see the Orient game, lucky me. My take was from the Stoke game. I think these first games are too important to be easing anyone in. I get your point in Gabby et al being useless though.

Â