The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He's clearly got talent but he's not ready for a starting role yet. Let him get used to the league with sub appearances and ease him in.

Why is he "not ready"? As the old saying goes "If he is good enough, he is old enough"

IMHO Jack is the most talented and skilful player to come out of our academy for decades. George Best was 17 when he made his debut. Brian Little, 18. Beckham, 17.

Jack will get plenty of stick and be knocked about but that is how he will learn. He has great self confidence and belief. So we should throw him in now.

• Like 2

I think that's the second time I've heard George bests name in this thread...

Jesus wept.

The kids good and whilst I'd love to see him turn out great he may end up playing conference football.

No one is saying he will be like Best. There has been a comparison with thee jinking style and the age in the team.

He's clearly got talent but he's not ready for a starting role yet. Let him get used to the league with sub appearances and ease him in.

Why is he "not ready"? As the old saying goes "If he is good enough, he is old enough"

IMHO Jack is the most talented and skilful player to come out of our academy for decades. George Best was 17 when he made his debut. Brian Little, 18. Beckham, 17.

Jack will get plenty of stick and be knocked about but that is how he will learn. He has great self confidence and belief. So we should throw him in now.

This is exactly it. George Best and David Beckham?! These were world class players, lets not put too much pressure on the boy!

The thing is if he starts and it's too much for him, his confidence will be shot. Despite doing well for Notts County this is a totally different league.

I really hope that he'll be a great player for us but it takes time for the vast majority of players. Lets hope he gets plenty of sub appearances to show what he can do. If he does well then he'll get a deserving spot in the the starting 11.

Edited by bose

How dare fans get excited about a potential player.

Absolutely disgusting.

I think most Villa fans are excited about him. He's certainly got the potential. The debate is whether he should be starting or not.

• Like 2

Be excited. I am to.

But I've seen all these pages and all these posts before in bannan/delfouneso/Clark threads.

I think he will come good but I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing in league one in 5 years time.

Stefan, take the claret tinted glasses off for 5 mins. I know you think Westy and co. are good enough to win the league but they ain't. God, I wish I saw football like you did.

Be excited. I am to.

But I've seen all these pages and all these posts before in bannan/delfouneso/Clark threads.

I think he will come good but I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing in league one in 5 years time.

Stefan, take the claret tinted glasses off for 5 mins. I know you think Westy and co. are good enough to win the league but they ain't. God, I wish I saw football like you did.

I do? That's a strawman if I've ever seen one.

• Like 1

Absolutely disgusting.

You're right, he should be happy with his place on the bench and lucky to get a 10 min cameo as he's 'not ready', despite underperforming shite being picked ahead of him.

• Like 2

I've never seen Stefan suggest this is the case? I'm also a massive Westwood fan (and Grealish too), does this mean I think they are good enough to win the league?  :unsure:

• Like 1

Absolutely disgusting.

Stefan, I'm not sure if your comment was directed at me, but I clearly was not saying we should not be excited about Jack.

Â