The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Another concern over this transfer is how will the other players take it? The likes of SJM who absolutely love Jack, if Jack doesn’t believe in what we are doing how are other players going to view things now? I hope it isn’t the case but this could really demoralise the team. 

As loveable as Jack is, he's a pain in the arse and a sideshow.  Most players will be happy he's off imo

17 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

You gotta wonder what’s going through his head right now, there must be some element of doubt about the move in his mind and being torn about what to do…. There has got to be hasn’t there?

He might imagine the atmosphere at VIlla Park when he visits as a ManCity player. I do think he is a villa supporter (but as a player he might think he needs to move to win trophies), so imagine being a villa supporter and being booed by the Holte End. That will hurt, no matter how fat your bank account.

We all agree the kid is gravy and his upward curve is faster than the club's.  With that in mind and 100m in the bank I am at peace with him going.  I am not happy of course not I hoped he would have been the face of Villa and helped us get to where we want to be faster.

When he comes back to Villa Park I think depending on how we are doing will decide on the level of animosity.  I hope we give him a polite welcome before the game but during the 90 mins it's our job as fans to make life hard so boo and do whatever it takes! 

A new hero will emerge is my hope and spearhead our charge up the table.

2 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Another concern over this transfer is how will the other players take it? The likes of SJM who absolutely love Jack, if Jack doesn’t believe in what we are doing how are other players going to view things now? I hope it isn’t the case but this could really demoralise the team. 

personally think they'll love that the club becomes AVFC and stops being jack grealish FC. i think they'll love being given tactics other than 'give the ball to jack'. they'll love all being paid similar wages and not having one player on more than twice what they earn.

SJM and jack will still be bros i'm sure but aside from maybe targett, i don't think jack's actually that close with many of the team. his besties are the likes of chilwell and maddison

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Look at the news around villa yesterday, our star player and talisman is about to leave for 100m and every other fan of other clubs are talking about Villa as a progressive ambitious club.

The timing of the Bailey and Ings deals were perfect, the tone on this board has changed hugely too. Villa will move forward again this season.

From a PR perspective, we look like a club going places.

• Like 1

IMHO, Jack going won't knock SJM at all, can even see it motivating him, too many times last season we relied on Jack to get us forward, I can see SJM filling those boots nicely and especially with much more talent around him.

10 minutes ago, Joey2Arms said:

A thought regarding his shin injury. Perhaps there is an understanding deep down that it’s always going to be recurring, and will only get worse. Villa may push for Europe soon, even within a couple of years…but perhaps that might be too late for him. 

Yep i have thought that as well. Lets face it we will never know the true story of how things went over the last week. 

7 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Yep, looks like one big lie as he wanted hig big money move to make him plenty of £s. 

I knew he was a fraud. When he was out injured he was always pictured sat up in the stands with his feet up on the seats in front of him. I used to shout at the TV "Oi, Jack. If you love the club so much take your f**king feet off the seats, it's disrespectful". 

I'm glad someone else thought this!

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yep i have thought that as well. Lets face it we will never know the true story of how things went over the last week. 

Are you claiming all those fine reporters and twitter people were just making stuff up and not reporting the state of affairs as they actually happened?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

personally think they'll love that the club becomes AVFC and stops being jack grealish FC. i think they'll love being given tactics other than 'give the ball to jack'. they'll love all being paid similar wages and not having one player on more than twice what they earn.

SJM and jack will still be bros i'm sure but aside from maybe targett, i don't think jack's actually that close with many of the team. his besties are the likes of chilwell and maddison

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

IMHO, Jack going won't knock SJM at all, can even see it motivating him, too many times last season we relied on Jack to get us forward, I can see SJM filling those boots nicely and especially with much more talent around him.

I have no likes but I agree with what you’re both saying here. I can see Jack’s exit (Jaxit?) actually galvanising the squad, Smith will say all the right things to the players and make them feel 10ft tall. They’re all quality Premier League players who are used to other players coming and going, and any friendships, if they’re worth anything would continue anyway. 

It’s a great opportunity for these players to step up and lose the ‘one man team’ tag. Play as a more cohesive unit, and attack those top six places. I don’t think anyone will be sulking with this news. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Right now Lee Hendrie feels more like a true Villa Man. John Carew feels like more of a Villa Man.  Christ even after moving to United and wanting shooting Ashley Young feels like more of a Villa man. 

He could have got away with it if we were dwindling but we were on the rise, that's why it feels like such a betreyal.   

Yep, this is the difference for me. 

Young left when we'd stagnated. Not when it felt like we were right on the cusp. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I wonder how he'll feel after retirement.  He's not going to be able to hang around Villa Park, sitting in directors box, acting the ambassador role like Taylor or Little. 

At best he'll be a Dwight Yorke turning up to co-commentate for whatever version of Sky Sports exists then. 

Right now Lee Hendrie feels more like a true Villa Man. John Carew feels like more of a Villa Man.  Christ even after moving to United and wanting shooting Ashley Young feels like more of a Villa man. 

He could have got away with it if we were dwindling but we were on the rise, that's why it feels like such a betreyal.   

Maybe he'll say at Shitty long enough to become a shitty man.  Or he'll just be a global Beckham type not really bothering to hang about the game at any particular club. 

He's not just squandered the chance to become a legend, he's squandered the chance to have any future connection with Aston Villa. 

Perfectly put!  He may win a lot of medals but in his older age this will hurt him given it was in his hands to keep.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I have no likes but I agree with what you’re both saying here. I can see Jack’s exit (Jaxit?) actually galvanising the squad, Smith will say all the right things to the players and make them feel 10ft tall. They’re all quality Premier League players who are used to other players coming and going, and any friendships, if they’re worth anything would continue anyway. 

It’s a great opportunity for these players to step up and lose the ‘one man team’ tag. Play as a more cohesive unit, and attack those top six places. I don’t think anyone will be sulking with this news. 

No likes either - 100% agree!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I wonder how he'll feel after retirement.  He's not going to be able to hang around Villa Park, sitting in directors box, acting the ambassador role like Taylor or Little. 

At best he'll be a Dwight Yorke turning up to co-commentate for whatever version of Sky Sports exists then. 

Maybe he'll say at Shitty long enough to become a shitty man.  Or he'll just be a global Beckham type not really bothering to hang about the game at any particular club. 

He's not just squandered the chance to become a legend, he's squandered the chance to have any future connection with Aston Villa. 

If he does well at City Stellar will try and take him to one of the Spanish giants. Money to be made 

13 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Food for thought. Jack Grealish never allowed for true Smithball to thrive. He drew freekicks and slowed play down massively. I remember Smiths Brentford knocking it around quickly and incisively. Maybe this 2021/22 Aston Villa will be on another level 👌👌

With Buendia and Bailey, we could see some insanely incisive and quick play. 

Â