The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I respect the feelings in here of this being similar to Delph, Barry, Milner, etc. be in reality the situations could not be more different.

Owners have shown they are more than willing to invest in the club, they are motivated to do so.  The sale of Jack opens things up from a FFP for us in a way that would have taken years to do so (or champions league qualification).  Jack isn’t leaving for 15m, 20m pounds, he’s departing as the record English transfer fee!  The situations aren’t remotely comparable.  

we have already brought in 70m worth of creative ability this window and are linked in the market to Damsgaard, Cantwell, Ward-Prowse, Abraham.  I know it doesn’t feel that way, but we are in a position to capitalize on this windfall and be in a much better position than we realistically could have been with Jack remaining in the fold.  Now - that says more about the general economic structure of the league, and the total inability for non-ESL to offer home grown talent the same wages, etc. that ESL clubs can offer but that’s a discussion for another day and another thread.

• Like 3

Just now, tomav84 said:

be mad if he did a gerrard

how was he received after doing his u turn?

played the loyalty card an absolute treat and they lapped it up

the monstrous pay rise and the rumours circulating it were swept under the rug

4 minutes ago, GodsBarkeep said:

Fair enough mate, it seems we have slightly different recollections of that period. I suppose the truth is somewhere in the middle

For me we were really poor in that Cup Final, and felt the club was going backwards in general having finished runners up under Atkinson then 4th under Little. Just felt like we didnt seem to want to push on

Shocking that he went to Boro, but it seems he'd burnt his bridges by that point. 

It's funny (well not 'funny' but you know what I mean) how it can still rankle all these years later. Expect this conversation to be re-had in twenty odd years time but about Grealish instead

I’ve supported the club for a long time, there’s a lot of things I remember and some I forget.

I personally have a thing about players who are appointed captains and believe they have an extra level of responsibility. Captains make sacrifices and if your not prepared for those sacrifices, don’t accept the job.

Wasn’t a fan of Jack being made captain and think it’s important who Smith appoints as the next captain, not convinced it should be Mings.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No way he would be allowed with senior squad if it was this close

Yeah this is really getting to me. 

If he's going today, they've known he's off at least since he came back. Why on earth would he be training with us? 

What use is ffp anyway if Shitty can buy two players in Kane and Grealish for over 200 million. Sport washing gone mad with one club being able to buy the two best players in the league for this kind of money..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Puts a bit of a Debbie Downer on my 4 days camping with 2 City supporting families...

Laxatives in their morning cuppa. 

39 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

How are you holding up @nick76 ?

I’m all good. So apparently he’s gone but he’s going to be training at the Villa this afternoon according to Sky.  You literally can’t make this shit up.  This morning he’s in Manchester but a Villa fan has seen him in London training area.  Somebody give me something concrete and I’ll change my mind but I’m just watching for the time being.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’m all good. So apparently he’s gone but he’s going to be training at the Villa this afternoon according to Sky.  You literally can’t make this shit up.  This morning he’s in Manchester but a Villa fan has seen him in London training area.  Somebody give me something concrete and I’ll change my mind but I’m just watching for the time being.

I haven’t seen this. 

Â