The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I have this horrible feeling that he will stay, sign a bumper contract and be crocked for the next 5 years…

i have a feeling he will stay, we'll also sign a couple of other gre  at players and will finish 4th and win an FA Cup, with Grealish being the best player in England.

or something like that.  I'll take 3rd and the league cup instead.  🙂 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think there is a release clause. I reckon they have offered 100m and we have refused it. There is no decision for Jack to make which is why he continues to train. If they want him they have to come back with a better offer. We accept he’s off. I think this is the situation. 

If there was a release clause met I don’t think the club would have involved him in training today. 

I think the press would know if we'd rejected the offer?

To be honest, i would love it if Jack stayed and cemented himself as a club legend, i think he's already in the debate as the best player to ever pull on a Villa shirt, i think if he stayed and continued doing what he is doing, we will be in the realms of a statue outside the ground etc in time, and talked about for decades to come as one of, it not the best ever player at Villa, and more than that, a fan and one of our own.

However, if he does choose to go, i think i can say for the first time since he became a core part of our team, that i think we are now in a position to manage without him, and by that i dont mean replace him (as he cant be replaced), but with the signing of Bailey & Buendia, if his sale brought in another 100m+, i think that can be reinvested in to the squad wisely (ie: 3 x 30m+ players), and we will still have a very good team.

Of the two options i would ofc prefer Jack to stay and make himself a legend and help the club continue to improve and develop, and help take the club back to where it belongs, but losing him doesnt fill me with dread, like it would at almost any point over the last 5-6 years.

Finally, the fact the club are plastering his pictures over social media today, makes me think he is staying, either that or Villa are getting kicks from trolling their fans, which ofc would make zero sense.

onwards and upwards!

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

They'd only bid at all if they knew Jack was interested.

Not necessarily!  He might be but a bid doesn’t always mean they know he’s interested

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

If Danny Mills is on he'll probably claim there's nothing Jack can do that Trezeguet can't.

Thankfully I haven't heard that clowns dulcit tones! Just Andy Townsend and Durham I think. 

Edited by birdman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

i have a feeling he will stay, we'll also sign a couple of other gre  at players and will finish 4th and win an FA Cup, with Grealish being the best player in England.

or something like that.  I'll take 3rd and the league cup instead.  🙂 

5 Club World Cups!

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Finally, the fact the club are plastering his pictures over social media today, makes me think he is staying, either that or Villa are getting kicks from trolling their fans, which ofc would make zero sense.

I don't think the media team have any idea whether he is staying or going and so are doing their job as normal.

1 minute ago, Thug said:

Jack is the best villa player that I can remember, and I’m going back to the Graham Taylor Mk 1 days.

Theres a difference between the word ‘legend’ and a brilliant brilliant footballer.

For me, forcing a move away takes legendary status away from you.

I’ve said before in this thread that Jack has earned the right to move, and that I will never have anything but love for him.  However, the COST of that move will be to lose his legendary status - much like Platt and Yorke. When you wish to give your best years to another club, then you are no longer a legend.

Thats my opinion obv.

I also go back to GT mark 1 era. 

We've seen many great players over the years, but nothing like Jack...he is truly special and if he left now I would be happy that I have seen many great moments from him in Claret and Blue

He isn't a legend yet though there's more for him to do before he gets to that status, if he leaves now his best career moments will without doubt (baring a catastrophic injury) be away from Villa Park.

How can he possibly be a Villa legend if that happens?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Not necessarily!  He might be but a bid doesn’t always mean they know he’s interested

I dunno if they are making a £100m bid, the British record transfer fee, I would think they would know what erms to offer through Jack's agent and that a deal was possible. Hopefully Jack wants to stay though. You'd think that now itìs down to what he wants and not anything else.

Just now, daggy_333 said:

I've been busy for the last 5 hours, I've noticed 30 pages have been added. Has anything actually happened today? Please can someone give me a summary? 

Nothing has happened. More speculative debating that started with a video of him not giving a kid his hairband.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

I've been busy for the last 5 hours, I've noticed 30 pages have been added. Has anything actually happened today? Please can someone give me a summary? 

Nothing has happened. The end.

• Haha 1

Â