The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If he does sign a new contract, I hope this is the last of this yearly summer saga nonsense. You're going to be on around 250k/week likely. It's not really going to go up from there, not in a year's time at least. If you stay now, you're here to see out the project for the next 2 years at least and not turn your head whenever a team is interested and disrupt the season's preparation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

How long does he have to isolate? Anyone know? 

That seemd like isolation training. 

Croatia is on the green list, beyond being cautious around other members of the first team squad pending tests, he doesnt

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Only thing I'll say is it is kind of odd that there isn't anything on the OS about this latest training session. They usually post pics the day of, and even take requests.

That would be at BMH though presumably using the club photographer so I can understand why official photos weren’t provided at this location.

Given there were two 90 minute games yesterday I can also understand why this training was light. What I cannot understand is why use this facility instead of Bodymoor? Is it part of a senior players’ group bonding few days getaway, that normally would have been abroad but for the COVID situation?

• Like 1

Just now, brommy said:

That would be at BMH though presumably using the club photographer so I can understand why official photos weren’t provided at this location.

Given there were two 90 minute games yesterday I can also understand why this training was light. What I cannot understand is why use this facility instead of Bodymoor? Is it part of a senior players’ group bonding few days getaway, that normally would have been abroad but for the COVID situation?

Thanks, hadn't thought of that.

And I agree, it probably is one of those group bonding days. We'd normally be in Portugal or Minnesota at this time in seasons gone by.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Leaving or not, why wouldn't he be training? I don't think it means much.

Because it's supposed to be a done deal.  If it's all done and dusted he would be up in Manchester with his agent getting stuff sorted, not hanging out at a Villa training camp of any description. Even if he did at best he would turn up and give his farewells, not put on the kit and kick a ball about. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

might have a behind closed doors game in the next 48 hours but I think you hit the nail on the head about a short bonding trip with all the players together, usually done abroad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brommy said:

It’s a pre season training camp.

Exactly this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think it is an overt demonstration to show that he is staying.

Sky Spurt…. Won’t…. Understand…. This…..

• Like 1

My extremely optimistic view of today.  

Jack wasn’t due back in training until Monday as previously reported. However upon his return to the UK he was called to meet Dean and the crew to speak about the week’s events.  The new contract was agreed and so Jack was told he might as well join the rest of the boys in training then.  Hoorah!  Announcement tomorrow.  Double hoorah!

• Like 2

Â