The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

26 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So they have agreed personal terms but Villa standing firm on 100 mill. I very much doubt Villa would allow Jack or his agent to agree personal terms without them offering the doe. He ain't going know where this season lads.

I agree he will stay but his agent will also have 100% discussed with City what terms would work for Jack. Of course he will - if City offer £100m+ they need to know what the player will say. Every agent of every top player is having those conversations regardless of club permission. Sad but true.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm not sure whether Jack sneaks a quick peek at these pages, but I'm pretty sure his brother Kevan does. So here goes a heartfelt message to our Jack. I'm an old fella who's supported the Villa since the late 1950's. I've loved the club and been there through both it's ups and downs. Message to Kevan, tell your brother this .... I watched Jack play in what I believe was his first match at the beginning of 2015 against Blackpool at VP, and I've been a huge fan ever since. I can't imagine a Villa team without Jack's name being the first on the list, but I can imagine him as team captain leading us to the very top of the Premier league with the huge support of Nassef and Wes. These guys are consummate professionals at achieving goals and Jack is the guy that's going to make it happen for them.

They're building a top quality team around Jack, and if he's as frustrated as I and most Villa Talk posters are about being recently sidelined by an international manager with his own agenda, and concerned about signing for another manager who thinks he's bigger than his players, then now's the time to sign an improved and extended contract with AVFC and  become both the most iconic Aston Vila player ever, and possibly the worlds greatest player also. 

See you next season Jack.

For some reason, I didn't picture you as being that old. Respect, my man.

7 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm not sure whether Jack sneaks a quick peek at these pages, but I'm pretty sure his brother Kevan does. So here goes a heartfelt message to our Jack. I'm an old fella who's supported the Villa since the late 1950's. I've loved the club and been there through both it's ups and downs. Message to Kevan, tell your brother this .... I watched Jack play in what I believe was his first match at the beginning of 2015 against Blackpool at VP, and I've been a huge fan ever since. I can't imagine a Villa team without Jack's name being the first on the list, but I can imagine him as team captain leading us to the very top of the Premier league with the huge support of Nassef and Wes. These guys are consummate professionals at achieving goals and Jack is the guy that's going to make it happen for them.

They're building a top quality team around Jack, and if he's as frustrated as I and most Villa Talk posters are about being recently sidelined by an international manager with his own agenda, and concerned about signing for another manager who thinks he's bigger than his players, then now's the time to sign an improved and extended contract with AVFC and  become both the most iconic Aston Vila player ever, and possibly the worlds greatest player also. 

See you next season Jack.

Wow, just brilliant. You captured it perfectly for us fans.

Let’s hope Jack wants to be Villa’s Totti, and I believe his provenance and appreciation of the wider game suggests he does. Soulless trophies and mercenary money is one thing, but Legendary status and true accomplishment is a rare commodity and wealth that only a few attain.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I agree he will stay but his agent will also have 100% discussed with City what terms would work for Jack. Of course he will - if City offer £100m+ they need to know what the player will say. Every agent of every top player is having those conversations regardless of club permission. Sad but true.

Disagree if it occurred we would use full legal recourse at our disposal to keep Jack at the club like Southampton did with van Dijk and then they got twice what Liverpool initially offered the next season. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Disagree if it occurred we would use full legal recourse at our disposal to keep Jack at the club like Southampton did with van Dijk and then they got twice what Liverpool initially offered the next season. 

Good luck proving it happens though.

The first thing the buying club does is talk to the agent and the player to gauge the players interest and costs, doesn’t necessarily mean the contract is written and formalized though. Then they talk with the club to find an agreement 

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Disagree all you like but it 100% happens. Same as we will have known from Emi Buendia’s agent what terms would work for him before we agreed the fee with Norwich.

Edited by Adam2003

Grealish could go, although I don't think he will, but I'm sick of places like Football 'Insider' writing itk that he's leaving every week for what feels like a year. Has that word removed ever got anything right? 

Also people like Danny Mills, wtf do you know about what Villa's transfer dealings? 

It shouldn't anger me, but it does. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Grealish could go, although I don't think he will, but I'm sick of places like Football 'Insider' writing itk that he's leaving every week for what feels like a year. Has that word removed ever got anything right? 

Also people like Danny Mills, wtf do you know about what Villa's transfer dealings? 

People like Danny mills and Danny Murphy, Paul Merson are in this mentality that the only ambition you can have is to want to play for the top team and win medals. Reality is some players have different ambitions (not many granted) like Matt le tisser or Steven gerrard (I know he won trophies) to see it through with there home town club and become legends. I am not sure if Jack feels that way but he is half way there already. Who is the last legend at united? Cantona maybe.

1 hour ago, Jono62 said:

It's like people don't understand that timing pays any part in a prediction being correct. If what they predict will happen every window does eventually happen in 5 years they'll claim they were right all along when in fact they were wrong 10 times and right once.

Similar to when people predict a manager has been "found out", or "reached his level", or "can't take us any further". Then when they're wrong and he progresses to the next level they predict the same thing again and it happens again ad nauseum. In almost all cases eventually the manager will leave and they will think they were "right all along" when in fact they were wrong all along until right at the end.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 1

This morning it's Football Insider - again-and no mark ex pro Noel Whelan who obviously know what's going on at B6 as a deal with Wanc Citeh is done and we are signing Todd Cantwell as his replacement.

I'd say you couldn't make this shit up but they obviously do.

Morning everyone,just seen on sky sports news reference to Man United pursuit of Varane claimed United are discussing personal terms before thrashing out the cost of player.

How on earth can this happen with reference to Jack this situation  is nothing but a unsettler. Let's say city offer jack 300k pw but have not got the funds to get close to our valuation This is totally bonkers imo.

Used to be can we buy player A B C we will pay 'x' amount, clubs either rejects or agrees and then personal terms thrashed out.

This jack situation couldn't be closer it's the flip of a coin.

33 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Morning everyone,just seen on sky sports news reference to Man United pursuit of Varane claimed United are discussing personal terms before thrashing out the cost of player.

How on earth can this happen with reference to Jack this situation  is nothing but a unsettler. Let's say city offer jack 300k pw but have not got the funds to get close to our valuation This is totally bonkers imo.

Used to be can we buy player A B C we will pay 'x' amount, clubs either rejects or agrees and then personal terms thrashed out.

It used to be called ‘tapping up’, and it was widely frowned upon. Then lots of greedy ‘businessmen’ decided to exploit the riches of the Premier League and become super agents. Now it’s seen as fair game for them to get bored of only having £30m in the bank, so they start pushing to move their players on by approaching other clubs ‘off the record’. 

Agents, much like jizz, leave a foul taste in the mouth. 

35 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Varane probably has permission from his club to discuss terms. Grealish will definitely not. Nor do I believe is it happening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jono62 said:

Me too. I know they are all trying to buy listeners or viewers or clickbait, but as you say they haven't a clue about anything. It's just their opinion and it's worth Jack shit (did you see what i did there?)

Just because they once played the game doesn't mean for a second they are in any ITK loop. 

Imagine if Jack's new contract was activated automatically at the end of last season and Villa and Jack have been laughing their knackers of at all this palaver.

Then on his return we release a 2 month old video of Jack signing with him Deano and Purslow all doing a Lange grin.

• Like 1

Â