The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't want to sound gullible, but i'm getting a bit worried.

Looking like WAY too much smoke.

So either there is some serious foul play at work, or there is something we don't know.

If it turns out there is truth to this i'll be well pissed off and look a right idiot for arguing with loads of fans online that we're not spending Jack money in advance, and that players are being brought in to play with Jack etc.

Smith - Rowe for example, who is described as " Grealish esque " ?

Is it that the club have wanted to keep it super quiet as to not scupper our plans to replace him without being fleeced etc?

What's bothering me, is the certainty some of these publications are printing with.

He's a top player -at a club who whilst moving in the right direction, aren't rubbing shoulders with the elite.

The links are inevitable. Sure he might want to stay a hero at his boyhood club.

Equally what man city can offer may well appeal - it would be foolish to suggest otherwise. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So everyone's been lying to us?

So we agreed to sell him at the same time as he signed a new five year contract with us. In other news Donald Trump has won the Nobel Peace Prize for diplomacy and Ann Widdecombe is the new face of Victoria’s Secret. 

• Haha 3

On 26/06/2021 at 08:48, hippo said:

Tbf I don't think we can anyway. Leicester level is imo a realistic target 

It's all about your owners. Ours have all the money in the world and a massive desire to take their club to the very top

They will succeed because they want to. Hold on for the ride!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, hippo said:

Of course it's a problem.

His value depreciates as we eat into those 3 years. And that assumes Grealish remains 100% focussed in the interim.

None of us want Jack to leave -but to dismiss the possibility as not happening is blind faith imo.

He will single handedly raise the profile of our club by more than £100m worth in the next 4 years.  With him we have a chance of champions league football, which will be worth the same or more again.

£100m might sound like a lot, but it really isn’t.

It gets you 2 Joelintons and a Solanke. 

I’d take Grealish for 4 more years (thanks @avfc1982am) and for him to leave for free over £100m now every single day of the week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So either there is some serious foul play at work, or there is something we don't know.

If it turns out there is truth to this i'll be well pissed off and look a right idiot for arguing with loads of fans online that we're not spending Jack money in advance, and that players are being brought in to play with Jack etc.

Smith - Rowe for example, who is described as " Grealish esque " ?

Is it that the club have wanted to keep it super quiet as to not scupper our plans to replace him without being fleeced etc?

What's bothering me, is the certainty some of these publications are printing with.

I keep having the same moments of paranoia my friend. I swing between elation he will stay and the signings are to compliment him then we are spending his transfer money in advance. My heart and part of my head tells me the first, the devil on my shoulder the latter. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thug said:

He will single handedly raise the profile of our club by more than £100m worth in the next 4 years.  With him we have a chance of champions league football, which will be worth the same or more again.

I’d take Grealish for 4 more years (thanks @avfc1982am) and for him to leave for free over £100m now every single day of the week.

100m also gets you 20 N'Golo Kantes and as much as it pains me to say, I think 20 N''Golo Kantes is just about worth more than 1 Jack Grealish

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Not sure about that. The club's star player is at the Euros. The social media manager will pump that up regardless.

they wouldn't if the deal was done like the media are saying it is...not as much anyway. the obligitory tweets on matchday but that would be it

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

That's an option in theory of course.

Whilst our owners are wealthy - they are also successfull businessmen. I wouldn't be sure they will let a £100m asset tick down into nothing. 

There's also Jack's aspirations to consider. 

I just don't see that situation festering on for 4 years if Jack does indeed want to go.

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

100m also gets you 20 N'Golo Kantes and as much as it pains me to say, I think 20 N''Golo Kantes is just about worth more than 1 Jack Grealish

Kante is do doubt a quality player in his position, but let’s be real You can’t put value on a player like Jack Grealish there isn’t many if any like him.

14 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You can not get Kante for £5m

He cost chelsea £32m back in 2016.

16 minutes ago, Thug said:

Welcome on board! 

We could potentially piss more than a hundred mil up the wall over the next 4-5 years unless lucky with all our transfers. Or we could profit more than that flogging other players. Let him see out his contract if necessary. There is no value in selling him at all. Commercially or otherwise. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

That's an option in theory of course.

Whilst our owners are wealthy - they are also successfull businessmen. I wouldn't be sure they will let a £100m asset tick down into nothing. 

There's also Jack's aspirations to consider. 

I just don't see that situation festering on for 4 years if Jack does indeed want to go.

No you’re of course right there.

But that’s IF we just said ‘no new contract, no sale, you got 4 more years bitch.’

But I can’t see Jack downing tools.  He’ll prob get a contract which will put a smile on his face, and team mates to help him achieve his dreams here.

38 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

So we agreed to sell him at the same time as he signed a new five year contract with us. In other news Donald Trump has won the Nobel Peace Prize for diplomacy and Ann Widdecombe is the new face of Victoria’s Secret. 

End of last season, would be the season just ended, FYI. The contract was signed at the end of the season before that.

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Welcome on board! 

We could potentially piss more than a hundred mil up the wall over the next 4-5 years unless lucky with all our transfers. Or we could profit more than that flogging other players. Let him see out his contract if necessary. There is no value in selling him at all. Commercially or otherwise. 

this is what i'm struggling with, that folks are happy with 100m. the price of transfer targets goes up 20-30% once they know we have money to burn. all our advertising etc will revolve around him and we become less commercially appealling without him. we play fewer games on tv without him, which are worth 2-3m each on top of the bog standard tv money.

it needs to be 150m for us to even contemplate it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why you worried by article from kid on internet for crap click bait site?

He wrote this article before. See a pattern?

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/05/01/man-united-agree-terms-with-jack-grealish-ahead-of-transfer/

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Â