The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Talkshite and Daily Mail 🤣🤣🤣 more chance of me winning the lottery when not buying a ticket. There's probably a link on there to make ya todger bigger too

Mario won a haunted mansion in a competition he never entered once so it does happen

• Haha 2

Jack stayed last year after we only just survived by the skin of our teeth, and we've progressed massively this season to the point where we were far closer to Champions League contention than we were to relegation this time around. If we stagnate next season then I could see him going next summer but at the moment we're a club on the up.

22 minutes ago, Frank Raphael said:

He will finish his career with us. 

Everyone relax. 

Yeah he'll probably come back to us for a year or two at the end.

For the record I don't think he's going anywhere this summer but we'd have to smash it beyond expectations to keep him beyond that I think.

50 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah he'll probably come back to us for a year or two at the end.

For the record I don't think he's going anywhere this summer but we'd have to smash it beyond expectations to keep him beyond that I think.

depends whose expectations we're talking about

the owners set out their expectations to jack last summer before he signed where i suspect it was mid table this season, challenge for europe next season, champions league by 2023/2024

if we're within those targets, why would he leave?

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t like the odds on Jack to city. Nothing to worry about but would still rather not see it.

it's nothing to worry about because "stay at villa" isn't even an option to bet on. it's an "if he is leaving this summer, who is he going to?" bet

in which case city being odds on is about right

1 hour ago, The Rosk said:

Jack has earned the right to decide if he wants to go or not.

Not true.

He signed a contract last season for five years giving any decision based solely on mutual consent of him and the club and not solely to one party.  

The club have already told us they have no release clauses in our players contract despite rumours.

Anyway the decision is not solely Jacks anymore.

I just don't think any club that can afford him will be willing to pay that much in 2021. He'd have to force his way out and I don't think he'd be at that point yet, I think we'd have to have a season where we stagnate. 

Even Man City would have to shatter their own transfer record.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Jack stayed last year after we only just survived by the skin of our teeth, and we've progressed massively this season to the point where we were far closer to Champions League contention than we were to relegation this time around. If we stagnate next season then I could see him going next summer but at the moment we're a club on the up.

I think it's a real positive how we ended the season too. The spurs and Chelsea performances and results, and the youth cup final, should really carry that upbeat feeling through the summer.

• Like 4

Wouldn’t begrudge him a move for trophies at all. Personally I think it’d be far more amazing to stay at a club to become an absolute legend and get myself a statue. 

Either way as someone else said we need to stop worrying about him moving. It’s tiresome. Just enjoy having him here and if he goes enjoy the fact we produced a local lad worth £100m+ and now have money to buuuurrrrrn

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair didn’t he win a league?

Think so but still, has had patience and loyalty ain't he? What I mean is, Jack could possibly win silverware with us, and have it be more of an achievement than at a " ready made " club with a cheatcode of a squad if you know what I mean .

I hope as a fan there is a little element of " they need me " but not in a condescending way. As in " This is my club, and they need me ".

The last two results where he was involved could show him that, with more additions, and him involved, we can go places.

Roma have never been an AC, Juve, Internet really have they?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If it happens it happens theres no point worrying about it 

Except it literally means everything to us, the fans, if we lost him. I can understand plenty being worried, but I believe in the club atm.

It would kill all the momentum we’ve built up since the takeover and we’d lose the heart and soul of what has made us so entertaining this season. We saw what happened when he got injured; painful viewing most weeks. He is front and centre of everything we’re striving for. No way can we just sell him off to the club already dominating English football just so they can add a 47th world class player to their squad whilst we lose our heartbeat. I hope they do lodge that £100m bid, just so we can show we mean business by firmly responding with Not For Sale. Jack was on record saying he believes in the project, the owners have certainly lived up to their end so far and will continue to do so. I believe he stays loyal and sees through what should be our best season in a long time.

Â